Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The coils aren't really pink, the camera is just picking up infrared stuff that our eyes can't see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the coils are pink you just have to get your eyes really close.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I wonder if he really turned down the heat, or if the space is getting colder because it's freakishly cold outside and the furnace can't keep up? I don't doubt the malice of landlords, but turning down the heat seems dangerous when you have pipes running through the walls, crawlspace, or other indirectly heated areas. If the pipes freeze and burst you're in for a world of hurt. When I lived places that had harsh winters like that a lot of people would leave a couple taps dripping 24/7 during cold snaps just as an extra hedge against freezing.

Oh poo poo I'm arguing with a meme again, we

e: OSHA thread has the answer. Looks like the landlord probably did turn down the heat because the gas company asked everyone to turn it down due to a gas explosion, lol. https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/macomb-county/2019/01/30/no-injuries-after-fire-armada-natural-gas-facility/2721353002/

Facebook Aunt has a new favorite as of 23:56 on Jan 31, 2019

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Burst pipes are a future problem whereas a high heating bill hits the wallet right loving now.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Hello federal contractor here, ask me how the shutdown's treating me

Recently I was down to my last 70 bux and had to decide how I was going to get cash to get to work, and decided I didn't need heat over the weekend. I got a shitload of texts from my landlord while I was at work the next day telling me a pipe had burst under my apartment and her shop was flooded. So that was a fun stress-free day (no way in hell I get to leave early from my line of work)

It was a tiny little baby leak, like if you had left the freezer open, I got a tiny puddle on the floor of my bathroom and the shop was fine

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:murder:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You can't help but look at somebody like a Ted Bundy or a Jeffrey Dahmer and think "...what the gently caress?"

It's actually pretty easy for most sane and fulfilled people to look at them, rightfully deduce that they are such outliers on the human condition that there's nothing really to be learned from them that is in any way relatable or significant to humanity as a whole, and then move on to more productive and fulfilling uses of their and society's time. If you are an incredibly dull and uninteresting person looking for a socially-acceptable way to vicariously experience human tragedy as a replacement for having a personality, however, then the entire True Crime community is there and eager to devour as much of your life as you are willing to dump into it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Yellow Ant posted:

Updated political alignments for Smash Ultimate. DK is a trans rights tankie.

https://twitter.com/arthouseptx/status/1090766156313645057

Pocket Sand

I was totally right on Link being off the grid.

Though I was sure on the Inklings being Posadists.

Ghost Leviathan has a new favorite as of 04:55 on Feb 1, 2019

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Not sure if someone hating on James Franco or on Andy Serkis is more puzzling.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

poo poo, I totally forgot to post this one here.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I like the powerful Shaggy meme and I assume that's actually a thing in whichever self-aware iteration of Scooby Doo is currently on the air

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

punched my v-card at camp posted:

One optimistic explanation is that we’ve gotten better at early intervention; children and adolescents showing signs of that sort of psychopathy are more likely to get some sort of intervention.

The pessimistic explanation is that that intervention is jail, and that mass incarceration of juveniles accidentally prevents serial killers because they get caught for something minor as a 16 year and then never escape the cycle of prison and probation long enough to get into a good murder groove.

Another explanation I've heard is that spree killings have got more popular as serial killing has declined. So today if someone's brain is broken enough that they want to kill a bunch of people, they will more often choose to kill a bunch of people all at once rather than try to space it out so they don't get caught.

As penance here is modern day Seinfeld

https://twitter.com/Seinfeld2000/status/1087135695334891520

https://twitter.com/Seinfeld2000/status/1084284263573250049

https://twitter.com/Seinfeld2000/status/1082466995092606976

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Not gonna lie, I'd probably watch this.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I was gonna do some good work today but instead I open a web browser and type in shaggy vs predator

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Karate Bastard posted:

I was gonna do some good work today

C'mon, were you really?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

C'mon, were you really?

I honestly have no idea how I ever kept any job or passed any classes

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Memento posted:

C'mon, were you really?

Lol :hf:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

I like the powerful Shaggy meme and I assume that's actually a thing in whichever self-aware iteration of Scooby Doo is currently on the air

Yeah it was a real surprise and a definite change of direction for the show and the character. The new one follows the formula of Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh etc in which Shaggy faces off against each weekly villain while the rest of the gang act as the hype men. A recent episode was a real shocker because Velma got killed causing Shaggy to ascend to the next power level. The main story arch is now about them trying to resurrect Velma, so Shaggy is having to battle his way into hell.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The real reason is the gang took shaggy to a hypnotist to try and make him less of a useless coward and did succeed in making him more confident to the point he effortlessly annihilates a knife armed biker gang who try to start poo poo with him.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dave Grool posted:

I honestly have no idea how I ever kept any job or passed any classes

It turns out the standards are really low

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

The real reason is the gang took shaggy to a hypnotist to try and make him less of a useless coward and did succeed in making him more confident to the point he effortlessly annihilates a knife armed biker gang who try to start poo poo with him.

Not a joke by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltn7yrEGdhI

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Didn't change the dragon to Scooby.

:sad:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Drone_Fragger posted:

I appreciate how the real explanation is equally as ridiculous as the joke answer.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Elissimpark posted:

Not sure if someone hating on James Franco or on Andy Serkis is more puzzling.

Serkis routinely plays down the role of cg animators in an attempt to make mocap performances eligible for Best Actor Oscar nominations, which is a dick move imo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/lemdraws/status/1090491868771565569

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wtf is this bullshit

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

:chloe:

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
anime bad imo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

God drat that is dire.