Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
:neckbeard: more, more

like for real do we need to setup a patreon or sum poo poo to keep this going? I'm willing to throw down if that's what it takes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
yo its the playoffs now

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Nice fight!
Thanks for running it verbal enema.

Remember to update your fighters all

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Looks like Fartley did a sterling job distracting his opponents and being a major target of their abuse. What more could a Molemarian ask for out of life?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I think that getting people to come back to life to update their fighters may be the toughest part of all this.

Anyhow, a copper hammer wielding dwarf is all set.

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 31, 2019

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The Shaver of Beards has been updated, not that I expect anything from him at this point.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I don't think morning routine even made the playoffs, but I've updated Bogroll just in case.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Bad Munki posted:

I think that getting people to come back to life to update their fighters may be the toughest part of all this.

Actually, 10 14 15 of the 16 remaining fighters have been updated already.

Still waiting on an update are:

Totally not everyone throwing spear
Bling Swing owned by Selious

Projectile Vomit
Thor the Warrior owned by Klokwurk

Feels A Bit Chilly
Bowbold the Bold owned by Dance Officer
Polybolos in Strangler Camo owned by AJ_Impy

Big Trouble
Captain Jodariel owned by dmboogie
Meteor Spin owned by I R SMART LIKE ROCK

I'll send out some emails and PMs, and if any fighters still haven't been updated after a few days, they will be made available in this thread for adoption.

Maugrim posted:

I don't think morning routine even made the playoffs, but I've updated Bogroll just in case.

Sorry, your team didn't make it :rip: :sadwave:

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 1, 2019

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I was playing around in Arena after i ran the fight and gorillas can wear armor and wield weapons.

Also we could finish the 1v1 tourney if we fix the blank name macro and that weird butt/boob symbol marco so they can be read by the game

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
Wow, I have been kinda watching since this revived and didn't even realize my fighter was still in. They last fought a year and a half ago, I do hope I make it past the first page of the combat log this time.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I'm all updated

I've never made it to playoffs before. I have no idea what I'm doing

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I'm all updated

I've never made it to playoffs before. I have no idea what I'm doing

:same:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
if enough people update i can start another fight!!!

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

verbal enema posted:

if enough people update i can start another fight!!!

We're just waiting on Klokwurk now!

I have sent a PM and an e-mail. 48-hour notice to update the fighter or it goes up for adoption.

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 1, 2019

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I hope they come back because they're also the current bet leader and I want to win that cash money fair and square :gritin:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I've prodded him on Facebook.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

The last fight was a whirlwind of limbs and appendages. That's what I like to see.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
It looks like all the fighters have been updated, so the next round is ready to go!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Right on, see you all next year!

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

I'm completely bloody shit at this!
Dammit Hacksy. :black101:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
someone make a little banner graphic to put above the playoffs posts

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Klokwurk posted:

Dammit Hacksy. :black101:

Finally put enough armor on.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

(oh poo poo)

: Here we are folks! The Playoffs for the 1053 Championship! The crowd is loud and wild ready to see which teams advance to the Finals and claim that Unofficial Test Tournament Trophy! I'm your host Geldof and with me is a very special guest! Krankor!
: MYNyeehhh Hello to you Geldof. Yes it is I, KRANKOR, former multi time champion of many battles on my homeworld of Krankor! I look forward to the battles we have set up today.
: RIght you are Krankor! We have sixteen tremendously skilled and honestly rather lucky fighters seeking to place their teams into the finals.

Let's meet our first two teams starting us off today!

:siren: Round 1, Fight 1 :siren:

Totally not everyone throwing spear (2-1) is on the left side of the arena.
Hurly (Spermy Smurf) is a female strangler. She wields a steel spear and a wooden shield and wears no armor.
Punching Bag (Galick) is a male troll. He is empty handed and wears an iron helm, two iron mail shirts, a steel breast plate, iron leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Ihadtoknow (habituallyred) is a female soldier ant woman. She wields two iron throwing axes and wears no armor.
Bling swing (Selious) is a male minotaur. He wields two silver bucklers and wears a bronze helm.

Projectile Vomit (2-1) is on the right side of the arena.
Mole Foley (Maarak) is a male molemarian. He is empty handed and wears a steel helm, leather armor, a steel mail shirt, steel greaves, steel gauntlets, and steel high boots.
Spermy Munki (Frozen_Flame) is a male dwarf. He wields a platinum war hammer and wears an iron helm, two copper mail shirts, an iron breast plate, and copper greaves.
Buy Buy Buy! (Splode) is a male minotaur. He wields a steel spear and wears an iron cap, an iron mail shirt, iron leggings, and iron high boots.
Thor the Warrior (Klokwurk) is a male human. He wields an iron throwing axe and wears leather leggings.

Projectile Vomit is a 1.99 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 3588.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 1802.00 dwarfbucks for Totally not everyone throwing spear.

G: Wow that left side is a tough bunch of bastards! At least 3000 gungers of weight between them all! They seem more than ready as they all pace, stamp, chitter, and bellow in murderous anticipation!
K: Indeed these seem to be quite the challenging adversaries... I should watch closely and perhaps find a champion to invite back to Krankor. HEH HEH HEH HEHHHEhhehhhhhhh
G: Wow what a prize! To fight on Krankor with Krankor!
K: Indeed truly a prizely prize. Now what of the group on the right? They seem more on the calm and cool side. Perhaps they are the true power standing in this arena before us.
G: Projectile Vomit are indeed skilled and fortuitous gladiators this is true. That human Thor there beheaded three opponents in about as many strikes and also de-limbed the opposing team almost nine times!
K: Tremendous! We must take an image of him home and grant him executioner status!
G: Indeed! Now let's check in with special Field Reporter Guy Le Poups!

Guy Le Poups here! Everything is verrry intense, truly thick with tension down here and there. Several of these muscle maniacs seem fit to burst! Perhaps Guy should leave or perhaps not...
Our two teams today feature a quartet of Murderous Monstars and a oddly harmonically gifted Multi-Species Smashup!
and now if you excuse me I have some sweaty towels to smell er collect uh back to you at in the booth

: I hate him
: He's endearing in his own way (K: He is not)

:siren:BONG BONG BONG:siren:

G: THAT BELL MEANS THE MATCH IS UNDER WAY
K: HEH HEH HEll yeah!

K: Listen! The glorious sound of weapons being hurled at enemies!
G: It is a truly beautiful thing! Shame about the murdering part at the end.
K: Thats the best part!

Thor and Ihadtoknow begin the match with some throwing axes. I enjoy that they come out the instant you do the first timetick these bastards are extremely eager to kill.

: HEH HEH HEHHHhhh What accuracy!

Spermy Munki and his newly detached right hand

: Wow! What an opening strike! Much more exciting and definitely worth remembering and moving on as opposed to other things that could have happened!
: What?
G: Nothing just a joke people will love it (K: Well I don't) LIsten! Spermy has made several declarations! It seem that he has resolved and losing a hand will instill no fear into him! He promises to press on!
K: Bravery such as that is quite commendable!
G: Right you are Krank!

An arena playoffs match. Yp. 1053]

G: The fighters close in! It looks like Thor has stepped up to Bling swing!
K: If I had a minoutaur on my team next to me I'd walk up to most things too.

Oh poo poo

G: Thor has brought Bling down to a knee! The power behind that swing was impressive.
K: HEH HEH HEhhhh bringing one's opponent to their height only makes the eventual removal off the head even better. I should hope to see Thor do what he is known for.

Punching Bag grabs Mole Foley by the throat with his upper right arm putting him in a kickass headlock gently caress yeah troll mole wrasslin'. Foley tries to stab at Hurly but is repelled by the strong as poo poo oaken shield. Bling blocks a few attempts from Thor and Buy Buy Buy! with his pair of bucklers. Should have put one on your leg imo. PBag tries to gore Foley but the tusks bounce off the armor of the molemarian. Buy! whacks the troll on the left wrist tearing some muscles. Hurly charges into Mole Foley knocking himself over what a dumbass! Thor tries some more chopping but is blocked and subsequently checked in the gut by a heavy silver buckler.

: And now we have a veritable melee! Seven of the fighters are centered in the arena! Listen to that crowd!

: yay

: Krankor be damned the audience is skeletons!
G: Yes all the past fighters who died get first seats and there have been a lot!

K: Ah! It seems Moley Foley has bit PBag right on the nose sinking his teeth into the troll's face! Splendid HEH HEH HEH HEHhhhh
G: It's forced Punching Bag to release his headlock! Freeing his arm up also allowed him to break free from Foley's grip!

*WHACK*
: SHIIIIT!

G: Folks! We have another severed hand! Buy Buy Buy! has stabbed Hurly's first right hand off! Ugh! What the hell is this?
: Did you see that?! That stinky ape hand flew up and hit my eye! My favorite eye!(G: why do you have a favorite eye) I'm deformed! What if that thing has diseases?
G: Oh without a doubt Krank.
K. poo poo!

: Well before I was so rudely infected with rampant simian syndrome I did notice some beautiful strategy from Buy!
: Do tell Krankor!
K: Well first Buy! stabbed Hurly in the foot.
G: ....ok
K: THEN he stabbed him in the hand.
G: Groundbreaking stuff.

Punching Bag grabs Foley's thumb and throws him!

: On Krankor we grab enemies by the toes to throw them.

Buy Buy Buy! with a shaft strike to the second lower right arm crushes bones and inner arm bits of Hurly good strategy to reduce an opponent with four arms to basically two. The strike reminds Hurly they were on the ground and they stand back up. Spermy makes his first move since getting his damed right hand lopped off during the first 6 seconds of the fight. He goes a step further and fully fractures the second right arm bones.

The Playoffs of The Unoffical Test Arena Tournament were the first playoffs held in several years

: AND WITH THAT STRIKE THOR HAS TAKEN A FOOT FROM BLING!
: GOOO THOOOOR THE WARRIOOOOR He has fully taken away Bling's ability to stand! I should have this man server with me in the Krankor military!
G: What an honor!

Foley lands skidding across the floor with his armor putting up all sorts of sparks and style points hell yeh. Hurly blocks two simultaneous blows from Buy! and Spermy with that goddamn oaken shield. Hurly then attempts to strike Spermy but is parried he also again blocks an attack from Buy! goddamn dude.

G: Bling swing missing a foot and having a crushed knee has just screamed out that hope is lost!
K: Coward! I've have several knees broken at once and I've never given up! (G: what?)
G: Thor has smashed into the left arm of Bling! He has almost sliced it off in one blow! That clanging you hear is well its people getting killed but its also the sound of a DROPPED SHIELD BLING ONLY HAS ONE SHIELD AND ONE WORKING LEG!
K: It also seems Foley is still skidding across the arena floor HEH HEH HEH Hehhehhhhhh

Buy! has enough and charges into Hurly. Ihadtoknow throws another axe! Will it be as accurate as the first? After this they will enter the middle of the arena and hack and slash their way to death of victory! Thor hacks up the knee of Bling opening a large artery! Spermy/u] with his one hand platinum warhammer technique bats the thrown iron axe away!

: WHAT ON KRANKOR! THE TROLL HAS GRABBED THE DWARFS WEAPON WITH HIS LEG!
: AMAZING! HE TOOK A BLOW TO THE OPPOSITE LEG TO DIVERT ATTENTION AWAY FROM HIS TRUE INTENTION!

and Punching Bag takes Spermy down with that grab! Thef dwarf slams into the ground with a solid thud. He does not falter however and leaps to his feet. PBag gores the weapon hand of Spermy damaging it slightly but the dwarf does not loosen his grip. Hurly receives several spear stabs from Buy! becomes enraged and falls over lmao. Spermy drives his warhammer into the right eye of PBag. Somehow PBag still had a hold on the warhammer with that weird leg hold! HE TAKES SPERMY DOWN AGAIN! But again Spermy leaps up!

: AND Buy Buy Buy! has sliced off the other right hand of Hurly
: HEH HEH HEH and this time I am without injury! That is one pissed of ape!

Punching Bag has gone full on Wild Style and has now grabbed Spermy by the neck with his left leg. Thor lodges his axe into the arm of Bling causing the minotaur to drop the other buckler. Ihadtoknow creeps behind Spermy while the dwarf is in the middle of being thrown by the neck by way of troll leg. Bling grabs the mail shirt of Spermy as he sails by and brings him crashing into the arena floor!

: Fantastic! The arena does not disappoint! I shall have to come back again one day!
: Buy! has broken the thigh bones of Hurly! The strangler has given into pain and collapses!
: "Give a large beast a sharp heavy metal rod and it will kill" is an old saying on Krankor
G: Isn't that something folks!

: yay

: The antwoman has struck the dwarf and has hacked his left foot off! HEH HEHhh That bug hates that dwarf!
G: Indeed Krank! Ihadtoknow waited patiently for both PBag and Bling to both have a hold on Spermy until she moved in! What could this spell for the dwarf!
K: He's hosed.

FIRST KILL GOES TO Buy Buy Buy! with a piledriver of an attack that sent Hurly's brains all over.

K: HA YES! TRUE DEATH STAINS THE FLOOR OF THE ARENA LET ALL WHO WALK HERE KNOW THIS IS A SITE OF MORBIDITY
G: calm down these seats are quite wobbly (K: NEVER)

G: Punching Bag grabs Mole Foley! Will this be another tag team maneuver?

The troll takes the molemarian down! In response Foley bites PBag in the head! The bite is broken almost instantly and didn't do much what with the iron helm in the way. Thor pulls his axe out of Bling chops one of the minotaur's lungs in half and then kicks him in the loving eye Thor owns so hard.

Countless fighting styles enter the arena

Buy! stabs loving PBag in the tusk with his steel spear embedding the drat thing! Buy! immediately pulls it out and readies another attack. Thor buries his axe into the right thigh of Bling again getting it stuck. Buy! catches a troll goring to the mouth tearing his left cheek apart. Thor hacks the right leg off Bling!

: HEH HEH HEH more blood! More bodyparts! More booty!

Several attacks are delivered onto Foley but his armor deflects all of them including a task stab to the neck. Thor begins hacking Bling in the skull. This doesn't work so he cuts his guts out and Bling passes out from pain. Buy! stabs both of Punching Bags lower arms damaging them greatly. Foley delivers a series of bites across the body of the troll but doesn't accomplish much. lmao Spermy fell over and died from blood loss

: A fighter down on both teams! Things are really heating up here folks! That kill goes to Ihadtoknow!

There is absolutely no mercy in the Arena

Buy! smashes the lips of PBag! The troll is seeing stars!

: THOR DID IT! He has buried has axe clean through the chest of Bling! Crushing bone lung and all the other strange organs I'm sure are were in there. Thor pull the axe out you rear end!

ok this is good PBag grabs Foley by the toe with his upper arm. Foley bites and latches onto the head of Pbag who then throws [uFoley
which does nothing more then send the molemarian slamming back into the troll just lmao. PBag slams into back into Foley their just bouncing off eachother at this point. Buy Buy Buy! crushes the right eye of Pbag with a well placed punch! The minotaur then rams his steel spear through and out the back of PBag's head killing the troll instantly!

: Wonderful performance from Buy!! Two kills for the match so far!
: It is a three on one! A completely unharmed Ihadtoknow against a bruised and battered but fully intact Thor, Buy!, and Foley!

Severed limbs and knocked teeth are often sold after the fights

Ihadtoknow dodges around repeatedly striking the back right foot of Foley attempting to slow the beast down some perhaps even incapacitate him. Thor says no and lops a first hand off the antwoman enraging her. Then Thor [i]loving cuts Ihadtoknow in half!

: What an end to the fight! HEH HEH HEH HEHHhhh i enjoyed this time here immensely! Congratulations to Projectile Vomit!!
: Great fun had by all though perhaps less so for those who have been slain! That just means more fun for the rest of us! Let us sweep these bodies, blood, gore, and shattered hopes off the floor and continue the games! Krankor thank you for coming!

WINNER - PROJECTILE VOMIT

KILLS
Buy Buy Buy! 2
Thor 2
Ihadtoknow 1

http://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/view_combat_log.php?743
COmbat log ill figure out how i linked it that one time someday

sorry for the crashes and losing so much time it really takes the wind out of your sails. this lost that goofy mxc style feel i wanted originally but hey DONT LET YOUR LAPTOP UPDATE WHENEVER IT WANTS

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 5, 2019

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

im hype

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

(PICTURED: a buncha bastards who take to long to die

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Feb 2, 2019

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

Holy poo poo. :black101:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Man I went down like a bitch. But no legs means I still hold a spear so let's see how my amazing 3 skill does.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Hail Satan

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Yes! took a nap and woke up to see my laptop restarting! Well that was a good look into an alternate reality! Im going to edit that post (again!)

goddamn windows PISSSSSSS AAAASSSSSSS

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 4, 2019

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Guess I should have had more weapon skill. Not apologizing for having 2 throwing weapons and being late to every fight. Never apologizing for that.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Excellent fight! For those who didn't see, Verbal Enema went back and edited his post from a couple of days ago.

verbal enema posted:

: Krankor be damned the audience is skeletons!
G: Yes all the past fighters who died get first seats and there have been a lot!

This fun fact is now Arena Canon, both retroactively and going forward. :skeltal:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Oh what!? How long has that fight been there!? Thanks for pointing that out JP.

Glad to see buy buy buy did so well

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

legit loving the flavor commenter

krankor is strong and my friend

Selious
Mar 11, 2007

Master Defenestrator
Never not be making trash-tier gimmick builds.

Probably should have pushed shield skill higher, though dodging/parrying seems to scale better for a larger number of opponents. Misc object is also a very awful skill to build up as it is extremely expensive to not provide its own defense through parrying.

Thanks for running this and the excellent commentary, always great to read

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

Oh poo poo the fight got updated.

quote:

Human 1 kicks Minotaur 1 in the right eye with his left foot, bruising the right eyelid's skin!
The force bends the head, tearing apart the skin!

Human 1 hacks Antman 1 in the abdomen with his {iron throwing axe} and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Hell gently caress yeah.

I updated my fighter in a hurry without seeing the previous fight, so I thought I wouldn't do so well so I lost some money betting against my team. Oh well.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
When i started the fight and saw Thor wearing leather pants and like nothing else compared to everyone else coccooned in armor i was sure that he'd catch a bad hit and die early.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
really quick im kinda happy for the fact that Ghôls probably look like 2 armed Stranglers. Im pretending the Thrall is an elf cuz gently caress elfs

this is in regards to that kickass playoff banner i cropped and posted text on.

E: gently caress me an arena edit to allow Ghôls would own

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
whoever gives me a retired fighter name of their's first gets that character as the guest commentator!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

gently caress Rogers, the og arena failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
off we go!