Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The only cw show i watch is black lightning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I like Deadly Class so far. Fun bit of stunt casting with the poison teacher.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Titans has actually become my new fave.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I like Deadly Class so far. Fun bit of stunt casting with the poison teacher.

Yeah, that delighted me, too. If anybody's going to be encourage somebody else to be anti-Reagan. Also Bernard Wong always adds a bit of dignitas.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

site posted:

The only cw show i watch is black lightning

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
really wasn't expecting much from Titans but it's already better than luke cage jj and defenders by about a million miles.

And funnily enough my mum loves it as well even though i piss her off by telling her there's more than one robin and batman has a son (that's just stupid stop making stuff up)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

really wasn't expecting much from Titans but it's already better than luke cage jj and defenders by about a million miles.

And funnily enough my mum loves it as well even though i piss her off by telling her there's more than one robin and batman has a son (that's just stupid stop making stuff up)

There's more than one Robin in the show.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Skwirl posted:

There's more than one Robin in the show.

oh i know we just finished on that bit,she still thinks it's dumb that there's always a million different robins/spidermen etc etc.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, that delighted me, too. If anybody's going to be encourage somebody else to be anti-Reagan. Also Bernard Wong always adds a bit of dignitas.

Yeah. Also, the guy playing Billy is perfect. He's the most likable guy on the show. And the soundtrack thus far is fuckin' baller.

Bummed that it appears these are the only 2 episodes Hank is in, though. I was amused by Brian Posehn also showing up in a very appropriate role, though.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 30, 2019

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I was digging Punisher but the Billy Russo stuff is just slowing these season down soooooo much. I gave up on Daredevil season 3 after the Bullseye origin episode and I am really tempted to do the same with Punisher but I have about two or three episodes to go.
Still every time Russo shows up I just want to hit the fast forward button.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/YUXLOA/status/1089758887954317312

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I can't believe I ever thought that show was serious done badly. It is beautiful camp that's in on the joke at every step.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Seeing as Legends of Tomorrow got renewed it is a safe bet that every other CW DC show will be back.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Stephen Amell tweeted that Arrow is back for Season 8

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Flash and Black Lightning too

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bruceski posted:

I can't believe I ever thought that show was serious done badly. It is beautiful camp that's in on the joke at every step.

It's such an amazing show. I keep a link to this one around because King Tut is my favorite and I just love that you can see how much fun Victor Buono has going completely ham in the role.

https://streamable.com/ym3t4

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

X-O posted:

It's such an amazing show. I keep a link to this one around because King Tut is my favorite and I just love that you can see how much fun Victor Buono has going completely ham in the role.

https://streamable.com/ym3t4

The one where it landed for me (one of the first I saw in full rather than just a single clip) was something like
Narrator: Can Comissioner Gordon hold the city together? Will Batman prevail?
Cut to newscaster: The people on the street are all wondering the same thing; Can Comissioner Gordon hold the city together? Will Batman prevail?
Cut to the Comissioner and Chief watching the newscast: Can we hold the city together Comissioner? Will Batman prevail?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They spent multiple episodes just letting Vincent Price make egg puns, what can ever top that?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I love that Dark Knight Rises basically uses this bit for the ending

https://vimeo.com/91815457

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
You have to assume it was intentional but then again that's hilarious and those movies were pretty humourless

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sgt. Politeness posted:

You have to assume it was intentional but then again that's hilarious and those movies were pretty humourless

There's no way it's just a coincidence.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

There is such a thing as dry humor. Although if I ever had a martini as dry as that gag I'd transcend on the spot.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I am still wondering what the deal with that Seal is.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

MonsterEnvy posted:

I am still wondering what the deal with that Seal is.

Sealed letter.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Amazon announced the voice cast for their animated Invincible series

quote:

The show will include the voices of Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead), J.K. Simmons (Counterpart), Sandra Oh (Killing Eve), Seth Rogen (Knocked Up), Gillian Jacobs (Community), Andrew Rannells (Girls), Zazie Beetz (Deadpool 2), Mark Hamill (Star Wars: The Last Jedi), Walton Goggins (Ant-Man and the Wasp), Jason Mantzoukas (The League), Mae Whitman (The Duff), and Chris Diamantopoulos (Silicon Valley), to name but a few.

Looks like its gonna have some serious cash behind it. I don't really see anyone there who could be Mark except for Steven Yeun.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Did Seth Rogen make a deal with Mephisto to take part in every comic book related project that is created?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I just checked and he's still married so it's something else

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

quote:

The show will include the voices of Steven Yeun(The Walking Dead), J.K. Simmons (Counterpart), Sandra Oh (Killing Eve), Seth Rogen (Knocked Up), Gillian Jacobs (Community), Andrew Rannells (Girls), Zazie Beetz (Deadpool 2), Mark Hamill (Star Wars: The Last Jedi), Walton Goggins (Ant-Man and the Wasp), Jason Mantzoukas (The League), Mae Whitman (The Duff), and Chris Diamantopoulos (Silicon Valley), to name but a few.

Oh my poo poo.

quote:

The show will include the voices of Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead), J.K. Simmons (Counterpart), Sandra Oh (Killing Eve), Seth Rogen (Knocked Up), Gillian Jacobs (Community), Andrew Rannells (Girls), Zazie Beetz (Deadpool 2), Mark Hamill (Star Wars: The Last Jedi), Walton Goggins (Ant-Man and the Wasp), Jason Mantzoukas (The League), Mae Whitman (The Duff), and Chris Diamantopoulos (Silicon Valley), to name but a few.

Oh MY poo poo

quote:

OH MY poo poo

quote:

OH MY poo poo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Did you miss the part where it's Invincible, though?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Did you miss the part where it's Invincible, though?

Oh.

poo poo.

Edit: lots of talented people working on the show, I have hope.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Feb 1, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's like Kevin from The Office. "The Invincible cartoon will have Walton Goggins. It will also have have Invincible."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I like Invincible

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Can't lie, that sounds like a pretty heavy duty cast

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

It's like Kevin from The Office. "The Invincible cartoon will have Walton Goggins. It will also have have Invincible."

This is how you sell the show to me.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Everyone on that list is varifiable G (well, can't vouch for the Girls guy) and half are proven voice actors.

I didn't read enough of the book though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also I thought the general consensus even amongst THE HATERS is that it was a really good book for a long time but got too complicated/gory/self-absorbed/whatever like 100 issues in or something. So, at least the first couple of seasons should be good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
JK is definitely playing Nolan.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I think they confirmed JK is Nolan, yeah. Random speculation but Sandra Oh I would guess is the mom, Seth Rogen is probably Allen the Alien, Gillian Jacobs is his first girlfriend in the series, Andrew Rannells is probably his high school buddy or Rex, Zazie Beetz is Eve, Mark Hamill is Robot or Omni-man? Those made the most sense upon first seeing the cast but watch me be totally wrong.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I think they confirmed JK is Nolan, yeah. Random speculation but Sandra Oh I would guess is the mom, Seth Rogen is probably Allen the Alien, Gillian Jacobs is his first girlfriend in the series, Andrew Rannells is probably his high school buddy or Rex, Zazie Beetz is Eve, Mark Hamill is Robot or Omni-man? Those made the most sense upon first seeing the cast but watch me be totally wrong.

I'd peg Hamill as the Gov Agent dude whose name I cannot remember.

Or Angstron Levy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'd peg Hamill as the Gov Agent dude whose name I cannot remember.

Or Angstron Levy.

Oh yeah that's better. I'm like half-remembering characters, it's been forever since I read the book.