Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

General Dog posted:

Is that the one where he shoots open a tank full of alligators?

The only thing I remember about it is that he uses a hand held railgun that fires metal fragments at near light speed so it's dumb as gently caress

Also he gets shot by one and the fragment becomes lodged in his leg :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Intruder posted:

The only thing I remember about it is that he uses a hand held railgun that fires metal fragments at near light speed so it's dumb as gently caress

Also he gets shot by one and the fragment becomes lodged in his leg :lol:

doesnt everyone else literally fly through the air when they get hit

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Did you guys ever see Maggie?

Its a dark allegory about a girl slowly becoming a zombie in a small rural midwestern town with no action and for some reason they cast Arnold as the dad and its hilarious

No, but if we want to get into weird zombie movies I liked Warm Bodies way more than I expected to.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

C-Euro posted:

No, but if we want to get into weird zombie movies I liked Warm Bodies way more than I expected to.

My favorite weird zombie movie was Fido

Fido ruled

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

so weird that to promote end of days he popped up on smackdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Y5dSOAnbQ

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

doesnt everyone else literally fly through the air when they get hit

I think it just cuts through them like butter (when in reality they should probably explode into a fine mist or something or at least have a giant hole punched into them)

e: Keep in mind the only time I saw it was in theaters so it's been over 20 years

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
They should make a movie where Arnold plays the Rock's dad.

Spoiler for Hobbs and Shaw: The Rock and Jason Statham turn out to be brothers, and Arnold is their father

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

so weird that to promote end of days he popped up on smackdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Y5dSOAnbQ

did you ever hear about the year that RAW decided to have guest celebrity hosts and it lead to like a full year of poo poo like that and also one time Mark Cuban got put through a table

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Which was the zombie movie that had a trailer that was super ripping off Twilight? I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know if that was doing it too, but man the trailer was just girl who wants to get boned by a hot zombie.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

Which was the zombie movie that had a trailer that was super ripping off Twilight? I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know if that was doing it too, but man the trailer was just girl who wants to get boned by a hot zombie.

Warm Bodies

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My favorite weird zombie movie was Fido

Fido ruled

You should check out The Night Eats the World. Pretty cool.

Kalli posted:

Warm Bodies, and it was boring as poo poo. Couldn't even make it thru the whole thing.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 1, 2019

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Broke: incels jealously hating chads

Woke: incels jealously hating dogs

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1091271886330359808?s=21

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's a pretty good movie, and its a Rom-com, not a straight drama like twilight.

Edit: I'm referring to Warm Bodies, not incels fantasizing about women loving dogs.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Smash Bros political alignment: https://youtu.be/scVShkKvj4c lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

You should check out The Night Eats the World. Pretty cool.

Tangentially related but I watched The Night Comes For Us and I am positive its supposed to be seen as a slapstick comedy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Thaddius the Large posted:

I guess we expect them to add "outlaw peanut butter" to their political platform.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XfP3N0RThM

Like, watch this and tell me its not supposed to be hilarious

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

did you ever hear about the year that RAW decided to have guest celebrity hosts and it lead to like a full year of poo poo like that and also one time Mark Cuban got put through a table

oh god that was hell

also cuban once took an rko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnCXFzap63c

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This is some Evil Dead poo poo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

General Dog posted:

This is some Evil Dead poo poo

yeah not since story of ricky has there been a martial arts movie where so many dudes get their poo poo wrecked so majorly

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Everyone should see Dead Alive imo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

As overlong and indulgent as it is, I think I like The Raid 2 better than The Raid: Redemption.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

General Dog posted:

As overlong and indulgent as it is, I think I like The Raid 2 better than The Raid: Redemption.

The Raid and The Raid 2 never struck the same happy place for me that Ong Bak did in terms of South Asian action movies

God Ong Bak is the best

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Intruder posted:

Everyone should see Dead Alive imo

I've always wanted to know how Peter Jackson managed to talk his way into the making the most expensive movie of his era with the catalog he had.

This dude rolled up to a movie studio with Meet the Feebles and Frighteners and was like "give me like a billion dollars"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hollywood will always respect making movies on time and under budget over anything resembling talent

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yeah not since story of ricky has there been a martial arts movie where so many dudes get their poo poo wrecked so majorly

That might be the best movie I saw last year. The action scenes are utterly, brutally insane.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The Raid and The Raid 2 never struck the same happy place for me that Ong Bak did in terms of South Asian action movies

God Ong Bak is the best

Tony Jaa is supposedly in the upcoming Monster Hunter movie, if you're into that sort of thing.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I've always wanted to know how Peter Jackson managed to talk his way into the making the most expensive movie of his era with the catalog he had.

This dude rolled up to a movie studio with Meet the Feebles and Frighteners and was like "give me like a billion dollars"

I liked the Frightners :(

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

I liked the Frightners :(

I did too, but a box office bomb horror comedy starring Marty McFly is a weird argument to go "give me a billion dollars to make my midget movie"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Substantial financial backing and enough experience to get his foot in the door to make the pitch.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Barudak posted:

Hollywood will always respect making movies on time and under budget over anything resembling talent

Makes sense, and I’ll always argue that Jackson has pretty spectacular talent when it comes to making fantastical yet intricately detailed production, as utterly dire as the bloat is in the LotR movies, it took some real creativity to bring it to life the way he did.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

God, the guy whose head gets squished by the beef side falling down is such an unnecessary but appreciated added detail

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

God, the guy whose head gets squished by the beef side falling down is such an unnecessary but appreciated added detail

I thought it seemed like a stretch that that side of beef could crush his head dropped from a relatively short height, so let's go to google and see how much force is required to crush a human skull...

...goddammit Google

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

General Dog posted:

I thought it seemed like a stretch that that side of beef could crush his head dropped from a relatively short height, so let's go to google and see how much force is required to crush a human skull...

Of all the poo poo that happens in that scene and that is the thing that struck you as implausible

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Of all the poo poo that happens in that scene and that is the thing that struck you as implausible

They don't seem to have much weight for most of the scene- they swing around pretty wildly, get tossed back and forth, at one point (~46 seconds) a stray kick hits one and it flies up toward the ceiling- so when one is suddenly supposed to be heavy enough to crush a dude's head, it seems inconsistent with what we've been shown.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Their brains are irreparably broken and I wonder if we are gonna have a mini-lost generation of super angry 40 and 50 year olds in a decade or two

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Play posted:

I've always found it amusing that the biggest redneck on the site is an Australian

You’ve never been then

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Their brains are irreparably broken and I wonder if we are gonna have a mini-lost generation of super angry 40 and 50 year olds in a decade or two

They probably would’ve ended up single in any generation, they’re just going to be angrier

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I miss when weird losers who couldn't get laid would just make cool art

Dante wrote the greatest piece of Italian Literature because a girl didn't notice him and his friends kicked him out of town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bq97vhuwIU

Behold great cinema