Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

LesterGroans posted:

It is. Ross Lynch and Alex Wolff are very good in it.

Excellent, thanks! Time to knock something else off the backlog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ynohtna posted:

Apropos of Bundy-chat, is My Friend Dahmer flick worth a watch?

Yes.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Yet Another Fast and/or Furious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SA7FaKxZVI

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is without a doubt the stupidest loving thing I’ve ever seen in my life.

And I’m SO loving THERE DAY 1, BABY

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Oh my God, Hobbs was already a superhuman in previous movies now he's fighting a literal cyborg. I love that an indestructible Universal Soldier is just a thing that exists in the Fast & Furious universe.

Also if Fast & Furious is Dungeons & Dragons, is this movie the equivalent of those Artemis Entreri and Jarlaxle novels?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The MSJ posted:

Also if Fast & Furious is Dungeons & Dragons, is this movie the equivalent of those Artemis Entreri and Jarlaxle novels?

Oh my god Toretto is Drizzt everything suddenly makes perfect sense.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Tango and Cash II

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh my god Toretto is Drizzt everything suddenly makes perfect sense.

Remember when Dom and Shaw had dual-wield fight at the end of Furious 7?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Omg Idristructible Elbaman

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I mean Vin Diesel is a self-proclaimed D&D nerd... Riddick is his character.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

I have literally never seen a Jason Statham movie. Am I missing anything?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yes. You're missing Crank and Crank 2, two essential pieces of cinema. A couple other decent ones in there, too.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

clown shoes posted:

I have literally never seen a Jason Statham movie. Am I missing anything?

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
both Crank movies

For the most part you're digging through poo poo when looking at his IMDB profile. Maybe not poo poo, but definitely not must-see material.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Deakul posted:

I mean Vin Diesel is a self-proclaimed D&D nerd... Riddick Kaulder is his character.

I mean, as much as he loves Riddick, his character back in 2E D&D was a Witch Hunter named Melkor, and he literally cites that in interviews as the inspiration for The Last Witch Hunter. :rolldice:

Edit: I do always imagine :rolldice: as wearing Riddick's goggles though...

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 1, 2019

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

both Crank movies

For the most part you're digging through poo poo when looking at his IMDB profile. Maybe not poo poo, but definitely not must-see material.

I stand corrected, apparently he has a bit part in Collateral, which is the only thing on his IMDB I've seen.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Transporter 2 is pretty fun nonsense and has a couple of really strong fight scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzN8ak40cTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpc8yqHTq-I

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

both Crank movies

You forgot a Guy Ritchie movie there buddy

that's right, he was in Revolver as well

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Statham was good supporting Melissa McCarthy in Spy, he’s not remarkable but it’s a decent movie overall and he’s in it, does that count?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ya, Statham is in a lot of poo poo, but when he's on, he's on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heiyM61dfio

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The first Crank is fine and all (I prefer Transporter 2), Crank: High Volage is pure transcendence.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Syncopated posted:

that's right, he was in Revolver as well

I watched Revolver back when and it seemed to me it had its head up its rear end. Or Guy his own rear end, anyway. Is it worth revisiting? I thought RocknRolla was alright, fwiw

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

caligulamprey posted:

The first Crank is fine and all (I prefer Transporter 2), Crank: High Volage is pure transcendence.

that fight scene at the power station or what its called :allears:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Krankenstyle posted:

I watched Revolver back when and it seemed to me it had its head up its rear end. Or Guy his own rear end, anyway. Is it worth revisiting? I thought RocknRolla was alright, fwiw

I share this same opinion about Revolver, and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it a second time now I know what it is about. RocknRolla is cut from the same cloth as Lock, Stock... and Snatch, Revolver was going for something else. Hell, I think even King Arthur felt like it had more of that Ritchie DNA.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 1, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

Crank 2 isn’t a movie. It’s an experience.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

THIS LOOKS SO loving GOOD

gently caress YES :circlefap:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Thaddius the Large posted:

Statham was good supporting Melissa McCarthy in Spy, he’s not remarkable but it’s a decent movie overall and he’s in it, does that count?

He's very good in it but part of the humour of his scenes is from having watched him in his various roles over the years. His character in Spy is Self-Parody Jason Statham.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Lobok posted:

He's very good in it but part of the humour of his scenes is from having watched him in his various roles over the years. His character in Spy is Self-Parody Jason Statham.

That’s a good read on it, definitely agree, as much as it’s fun to see his overly testosterone-fueled macho man routine self-parodied, it’s way better when it’s a guy who’s done it unironically for so long. Shades of Schwarzenegger in Last Action Hero I guess

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The best scene from Statham in Spy was when he was explaining how he took an outrageous amount of ilicit drugs in order to break up a drug ring.

It was Bill Brasky levels of absurd.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Crank 2 isn’t a movie. It’s an experience.

My wife is an art nerd with a photography degree. She hates pop culture movies and would rather watch arthouse / independent / foreign cinema until the cows come home, and she loving LOVED Crank 2.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Some weirdos say they love Crank but hate Crank 2. Don’t trust them, about this or any other matter.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
The Bai Ling stuff is too hard to watch

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

Some weirdos say they love Crank but hate Crank 2. Don’t trust them, about this or any other matter.

:hai:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Bai Ling rewrote all her dialogue if I remember correctly, which quite possibly makes her the craziest person involved in that entire film.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

caligulamprey posted:

Bai Ling rewrote all her dialogue if I remember correctly, which quite possibly makes her the craziest person involved in that entire film.

ftfy

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

the only thing that can stop Marvel's Hasbro GIJoes is People Who Drive Cars

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

the only thing that can stop Marvel's Hasbro GIJoes is People Who Drive Cars

Any time a F&F protagonist gets into a car, they become Iron Man. Seems like a fair fight.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Idris Elba is the next step of human evolution because he doesn't need cars.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Crank is a fun but mildly forgettable mid-2000s flick that doesn't overstay its welcome. Crank 2 is action cinema as art. It should be played on loop in an art gallery somewhere.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The MSJ posted:

He's always been the most man of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBdGOrcUEg8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The MSJ posted:

I'm calling it now: Idris Elba actually evolves into a sentient car by the end of the film