Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Eltoasto posted:

I went to that big league politics story to see what university he was attending, but ended up finding out a crazy move that seduces 93.1% of women, and psychologists are shocked.

I wonder if it's real, because that's extremely bad for an early 80's picture and I'm surprised it wasn't found until now.

Seems like the sort of thing opposition researchers would have turned up extremely quickly.

Tax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

alpha_destroy posted:

I look forward to when Trump dies and we get Trump part 3.
We all look forward to the day Trump dies, my friend.

Now what’s this about a podcast?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

I went to that big league politics story to see what university he was attending, but ended up finding out a crazy move that seduces 93.1% of women, and psychologists are shocked.

I wonder if it's real, because that's extremely bad for an early 80's picture and I'm surprised it wasn't found until now.

It's hard to tell because Phil Kerpen's feed is filled with partisan trash, but it is always possible, unfortunately.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

God, they all look sad brains in that pic

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Crow Jane posted:

I think that's the point. His teammates are no help, so the Trump train most plow on alone

Not to victim blame, but lol at anyone who'd buy anything these idiots were selling. Also why doesn't Eric have eyebrows?

Donny said they had to be clean shaven, so dumbass that he is, he shaved....everything

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Eltoasto posted:

I feel reasonably confident that it's not, because yearbooks are the sort of thing that opposition research routinely digs up when you aim for any sort of high-level elected office and it's not as though his most recent opponent for governor wasn't a gross piece of poo poo willing to go as low as necessary to get elected. But it's an outside possibility, southern fraternities are a special hell of white male assholery designed to get everyone on board with e.g. fancy dinners in honor of Confederate figures and casual racism.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I have never felt so old as when I couldn't folllow young adult POC trans rights popehat twitter drama in the USpol thread.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

alpha_destroy posted:

I think the dollop is hit or miss. Personally, I really like it. But you know what the dollop is great at? Eulogies. If you all haven't heard the recent episodes on John McCain and H.W. you should listen to them. I look forward to when Trump dies and we get Trump part 3.

I agree overall, but man when it's on, it's on. For example, the Newport Sex Scandal episode or the Cereal Men episode with Patton Oswald. So good.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I mean he used to be a Republican so...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/sfrostenson/status/1091430412797194240

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well he'll never be elected to a second term now

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Ie “it took us ages to finally arrive at spin wording that makes this article sound ‘right’ while still being factually incorrect.”

Violator
May 15, 2003

1glitch0 posted:

Thomas Kinkade is dead!?

drat. I never knew who was behind all of those cheesy paintings, I only knew the name from Canibus' Poet Laureate II.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Cainer posted:

Is that the Corinthian behind the Clansman?

No, there are 2 Corinthians

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1091432015575031809

God drat do I hate Rick Scott, and also Bill Nelson for not even bothering to campaign.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I wouldn't mind Northam not rising any higher in the usual VA gov -> Senate fashion tbh

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

RIP those antarctic stations

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hahaha.

This guy was a bad choice. I voted against him in the primaries but what can you do when he gets all the endorsements?

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Radish posted:

Hahaha.

This guy was a bad choice. I voted against him in the primaries but what can you do when he gets all the endorsements?

Wasnt he the one who ran some racist anti-immigrant ads in Virginia, of all places

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Unoriginal Name posted:

Wasnt he the one who ran some racist anti-immigrant ads in Virginia, of all places

No that was his white supremacist carpet bagging opponent. An immigrant group ran an ad showing a bunch of racists harassing people attacking the guy who was strongly allying with Trump and Northram distanced himself from it.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Mind_Taker posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1091432015575031809

God drat do I hate Rick Scott, and also Bill Nelson for not even bothering to campaign.

Ah, the fresh faced clear eyed truth telling of a man who has been in politics for about a decade.

Good lord that is a lovely tweet and a lovely headline.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Every time something like this happens the Chuds are always using their own rhetoric to try to dunk on the left "I bet they'll just call it a 'youthful indiscretion'!!!!"
But...like, you thought that was an iron cladd unbreakable super slam move when it was your side, now it's a ridiculous move no one should buy? What?

??

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

TGLT posted:

Ah, the fresh faced clear eyed truth telling of a man who has been in politics for about a decade.

Good lord that is a lovely tweet and a lovely headline.

WaPo opinions having a day today

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1091217966581121024

(the replies are exactly what you think)

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Unless I'm missing something, he got termed out of the governor's mansion and won its Florida's senate seat.

Also, WTF on giving him a free opinion spot.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Imagine being duped by either of those two chucklefucks on the side. LMAO.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

RandomBlue posted:

Imagine being duped by either of those two chucklefucks on the side. LMAO.

It isn't like getting duped by Ivanka is somehow more honorable

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
With the disclaimer that this is all sourced to some of the most atrocious right-wing shitmongers imaginable and I don't advise giving it any credence unless it gets picked up by literally anybody with credibility...

my bony fealty posted:

I wouldn't mind Northam not rising any higher in the usual VA gov -> Senate fashion tbh

He's unlikely to regardless-- neither Kaine nor Warner is retiring anytime soon, and a primary campaign against either a) would come from much further left and b) would be mostly for the sake of making a point. The next competitive Senate primary will be when one of them leaves for some reason, and by then the bench will be a hell of a lot deeper.

That raises an interesting (theoretical) question-- if a governor retires, he's replaced by the Lieutenant Governor, currently Justin Fairfax (:kimchi:) which wouldn't make me mad at all. But Virginia governors are term-limited to one successive term. Here's the language in the state constitution:

quote:

The chief executive power of the Commonwealth shall be vested in a Governor. He shall hold office for a term commencing upon his inauguration on the Saturday after the second Wednesday in January, next succeeding his election, and ending in the fourth year thereafter immediately upon the inauguration of his successor. He shall be ineligible to the same office for the term next succeeding that for which he was elected, and to any other office during his term of service.

But arguably a LtGov who succeeds to the governorship was not elected to that term! So I'm pretty sure he could then run for re-election.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Too Shy Guy posted:

How do I get this job?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Too Shy Guy posted:

Like most of the Washington Post opinion page Megan McArdle is a dumbass. Weird the person who made a career of killing rich guy rear end is pro Schultz.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/02/megan-mcardle-fails-upwards-again-this-time-to-the.html

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
god, remember candidate tim kaine? remember that guy? good times

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

I wonder what kind of outrageous concessions were offered to get Foxconn to pretend this is the case until after the 2020 election.

This factory is going to turn Racine into (even more of) a hellhole and it would almost be funny except for the fact that taxpayers are footing a good portion of the bill.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 1, 2019

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Crow Jane posted:

It isn't like getting duped by Ivanka is somehow more honorable

Are you mad? Her husband is master negotiator, Jared Kushner!!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Opinion: I've never been an elected official and I can tell you that Rick Scott is full of poo poo.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

corn in the bible posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF9dr-FItR8

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
God drat is WaPo's opinion page a flaming dumpster fire. I know it is completely different from their investigative journalism wing, but it is really hard to keep them separated when my brain fires that knee jerk contempt reaction at seeing their name.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

It still kills me that even after the challenge from the left with Bernie that they thought it was a good idea to bring in a pro-life pro-wall street centrist as a running mate.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Too Shy Guy posted:

I mean the left and right both think he sucks for various reasons so I guess if the common ground is "he fuckin' sucks" then they have a point but uh, I'm guessing that's not what the article is about.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Too Shy Guy posted:

McArdle. Of course.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Uncle Wemus posted:

It still kills me that even after the challenge from the left with Bernie that they thought it was a good idea to bring in a pro-life pro-wall street centrist as a running mate.

They probably thought Bernie made Hillary move so far left they needed someone to maintain the center, or something weird like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

So in the last two days we had that McArdle Schultz article, Max Boot saying "hmm you have to hand it to these war criminals" then crying on twitter people were mean to him, and Rick Scott complaining after two weeks that Democrats are the real problem in the Senate despite the entire shutdown being his team's mess. That's after a month of their "Fact checkers" moaning about AoC. Just throw out that worthless section.