Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Fwiw, the Dartcraft modder has been dropping hints in Twitch chats that they're closing in on finishing a new version of Dartcraft. Not sure what version of Minecraft it's being developed for, but I assume it's 1.12.2 or 1.13.x at this point. With any luck it'll at least end up being a new set of weird stuff to further inspire the latter-day modding world.

Cool, there was a lot of useful stuff in Dartcraft. Hopefully he'll leave out the annoying poo poo, like those fairy temple things spawning in worldgen everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

Man, I don't know if it's just the version of TE in Ultimate Alchemy or some kind of interaction with the smeltery controller but Retrievers refuse to do round robin properly. It pulls from the first, then the second, then the second again before trying to pull from the first... or the other way around, depending on what stack size I use.

I have no idea what other way to do this, because I have to keep the inputs even to alloy gold and keep the drain from getting stuck on tin or glowstone, since the alloy always winds up at the top and not in the drain if any other liquid is present. How did you guys automate gold for production of lapis? The only other thing I can think of is pulverizing copper or iron ore(via the Crusher recipe instead) and focus on the byproduct. That's extremely slow though.

Try melting each ingredient in a separate smeltery and use a Fluid Allocator to transfer the fluids precisely to an alloying smeltery. Put the allocator in redstone high mode and set the throughput to the amount of fluid needed for the alloy. Use a pulse of redstone to instantly activate the allocators for one cycle to perform the fluid insertion.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Oh hey, PO3 updated, and recipes were added for making dust! Hooray, I can now automate production of redstone.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Has Realistic Terrain Generator's performance improved over the past year or so? It was just too slow before and I don't like what BoP does either. I wish ATG had been continued to 1.12.2. Outside of that, I don't know of any other alternatives.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
So has anyone ever had an issue with Twitch claiming a mod's files are still in use and refusing to update the mod? I've restarted my computer and Twitch still claims that PO3's files are in use. I did the obvious fix of just duplicating the profile and moving my save over, but I'm just curious if anyone knows why I'm getting this error.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
So does PO3 have any sort of chest-mover, i can't find one.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

reignonyourparade posted:

Not that I've found. About all you can do is keep everything in crates and use the crate keeper thinger. That and packing tape.

I guess you could add Carry On to the pack, if you felt like it.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

reignonyourparade posted:

You can make a cardboard box to move chests. It is dead easy to make, just hammer some logs to get the saw dust.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

Maguoob posted:

So has anyone ever had an issue with Twitch claiming a mod's files are still in use and refusing to update the mod? I've restarted my computer and Twitch still claims that PO3's files are in use. I did the obvious fix of just duplicating the profile and moving my save over, but I'm just curious if anyone knows why I'm getting this error.

Try entering
code:

shutdown -r -f -t 0
Into the command prompt to shutdown. Ever since windows 8, normal shutdowns are not 'true' shutdowns.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

BadMedic posted:

Try entering
code:
shutdown -r -f -t 0
Into the command prompt to shutdown. Ever since windows 8, normal shutdowns are not 'true' shutdowns.

I decided to just wipe the old folder out, but since you mentioned that I went and checked and gently caress Microsoft. One of the updates turned fast startup back on, but I did do "Restart" which isn't supposed to be effected by this option.

Also apparently copying over the profile (duplicate profile) and updating it is not good. PO3 was up to 50+ minutes of loading before I forced closed it and did what I should have done from the start and installed MultiMC. My load time with MultiMC was much faster than my normal load time going through Twitch.

Edit: Also RIP TinkerIO, you ability to smelt poo poo super fast will be missed.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 1, 2019

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Maguoob posted:

PO3 was up to 50+ minutes of loading

:psyduck:

how

It takes me 5 minutes to load PO3. It has a clock in the corner and everything. My last load was five minutes exactly.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Tinker IO doesn't seem to have gone away as far as I can see?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Black Pants posted:

Tinker IO doesn't seem to have gone away as far as I can see?

It's gone in 3.0.37.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh from PO3. Pff. Dump it back in then.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

:psyduck:

how

It takes me 5 minutes to load PO3. It has a clock in the corner and everything. My last load was five minutes exactly.

Twitch hosed up the profile somehow is what I'm going to guess. It was never that bad until I updated a duplicated profile, but with my switch to MultiMC it only takes a couple minutes to load.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Has Realistic Terrain Generator's performance improved over the past year or so? It was just too slow before and I don't like what BoP does either. I wish ATG had been continued to 1.12.2. Outside of that, I don't know of any other alternatives.

OTG is the new hotness in realistic terrain gen.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

dragonshardz posted:

OTG is the new hotness in realistic terrain gen.

Heh how well is that performing now? I think it was not cooperating with BoP in particular for awhile. And it was also slow (Biome Bundle). RTG was soooo much slower though.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
For PO3, what is everyone using for auto ore production/processing? As far as I can tell, they're trying to push Modular Machines + Magneticraft type set up. But the recipe for the bars from Modular Machines is a bit insane (3 tinkers Cobalt).

I don't know what it is about this pack, but it feels...unpolished and half baked compared to PO2.

EDIT: Also they took out some useful poo poo, which is rather annoying (Repair Talisman from ProjectE, Tome of Alkahistory from Reliquary). Which, I mean I can kind of get, but it feels like a shoehorn decision.

Arkitektbmw fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 1, 2019

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Arkitektbmw posted:

For PO3, what is everyone using for auto ore production/processing? As far as I can tell, they're trying to push Modular Machines + Magneticraft type set up. But the recipe for the bars from Modular Machines is a bit insane (3 tinkers Cobalt).

Pulverizers for making gravel/sand/dust, and a redstone furnace with the flux anodizers or w/e for doubling. Infinity * 2 = Infinity * 3, after all. No reason to make it more complicated than that.

e: Also, the nether in this pack has normal ore generation, so you can just mine shitloads of cobalt directly if you want. I recommend picking up the Power Stare ability bottle, though, as the monsters are a bit nasty.

Gwyneth Palpate fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 1, 2019

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Pulverizers for making gravel/sand/dust, and a redstone furnace with the flux anodizers or w/e for doubling. Infinity * 2 = Infinity * 3, after all. No reason to make it more complicated than that.

Hmm, that's true. I haven't used that type of setup in a long time. I do like Magneticrafts multiblock machines though.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

The mod that puts Iron Furnaces in has an endgame furnace with a smelt time of one tick and a super cheap addon to double most things it cooks; you can throw dusts into it and it'll double the output of dusts, and a single piece of tiny coal will last for like... two and a half stacks of items? Using anything else to smelt seems dumdum.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Whalley posted:

The mod that puts Iron Furnaces in has an endgame furnace with a smelt time of one tick and a super cheap addon to double most things it cooks; you can throw dusts into it and it'll double the output of dusts, and a single piece of tiny coal will last for like... two and a half stacks of items? Using anything else to smelt seems dumdum.

You can throw dusts in them and they double? So can you do, like, a loop with pulverizer -> iron furnace whoosit -> pulverizer -> iron furnace whoosit to make infinite of all metals forever?

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

You can throw dusts in them and they double? So can you do, like, a loop with pulverizer -> iron furnace whoosit -> pulverizer -> iron furnace whoosit to make infinite of all metals forever?
Probably, but I haven't really tried that. I just used the quartz grindstone from AE2 to double the stuff I got from sifting, then doubled that again. It wasn't really worth the effort imo; I'm not a "need infinite resources" player (so I don't know why I like skyblocks). I wouldn't be surprised if that was a possible byproduct of the mod; setting up an array of furnaces that go into pulverizers and all the overflow goes into its own chest.

I'm still using the Endest Furnace, I'm not super far into PO3, and the Endest one smelts faster than a hopper can pull items out. I'm using the "double burn time" and "double production" augments on it, and just have a hopper on the back with a spruce bonsai on top to feed fuel in forever.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Do I normally have to run profile commands to gather ore generation statistics? I don't remember having to do that, but I don't have ore generation statistics for most ores. I looked online and apparently I have to run profiling commands. for it to scan and derive ore generation rates. I tried this and I think I'm still missing some.

Is PlusTiC particularly common? It looks like a successor to ExtraTiC. I rolled it in so I could trade Pam's Harvestcraft crops into emeralds using the packager, and then encase myself in emerald armor with emerald tools--without ever really mining.

Shift-clicking the Pam's Harvestcraft gardens to pick them up wholesale is a very nice thing. I took their spread rate for granted because I only ever see them when they're young and alone. If you're hunkered down somewhere, they spread quite rapidly. I think I found only three of the jungle gardens originally so this was a real boon. I don't think I got soybeans in those first three, but I did get a bunch amongst their spread. I'm fixated on soybeans because they have a path to both meat and dairy without having to deal with animal automation.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Heh how well is that performing now? I think it was not cooperating with BoP in particular for awhile. And it was also slow (Biome Bundle). RTG was soooo much slower though.

Answering my own question here: OTG with Biome Bundle seems to be working fine. I think I had to roll back to BoP due to an OTG bug or incompatibility awhile ago. After I did that, I found a pretty start spot... after teleporting around to find some spots that weren't just ocean.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I'm fixated on soybeans because they have a path to both meat and dairy without having to deal with animal automation.

I'd check the recipes on the various tofu things before you get too excited. You need a lot of different types of crops to make the faux meat. Compare that to a Bootes ritual + vacuumulator and it's a lot more work.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

No, it doesn't double dusts. It doubles certain outputs from magnetic and ex nihilo

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I'd check the recipes on the various tofu things before you get too excited. You need a lot of different types of crops to make the faux meat. Compare that to a Bootes ritual + vacuumulator and it's a lot more work.

Oh yes it's not like, what, Agrarian Skies in 1.6.4 or whatever where tofu would just drop right in place of any meat. However, between:

1. Nibbling off cultivated window/jungle/shaded/whatever gardens until you get what you want
2. Using the packager and trading station if that doesn't work
3. Having garden cloches or whatever

I should be able to just poo poo that stuff out.

I guess if I really want the meat then I could try to do the thing with traps and bait, but I don't know if they can be automated yet. I think I'll experiment with that too because I think it's funny to have something you put bait into and just kind of produces steaks and stuff. Like, where did the animals come from? :ghost:

Harvestcraft's auxiliary stuff is just getting kind of interesting. Like, I have no interest in making a diversity of foods even if the pack puts a gun to my head and makes me do it. Abusing it to produce high-satiating foods for food-based generators, making GBS threads out leather from traps, and spewing out emeralds without even getting to iron tools is feeling real good right now.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I've got an Astral Sorcery question: What blocks/structures actually need to be in the high-density starfield areas? The ones you find at night with the resonator or whatever that look like sparkly gas clouds? I know you build there for increased starlight (and up to Y=128 for even more), but other than the astral crafting tables I'm not sure what needs to be built in there and what can just be built anywhere.
Do collector crystals need to be built in areas like that, or can they go anywhere? I keep trying to cram every Astral Sorcery thing into the same area and not being able to spread out my liquid starlight production, for example, is really bugging me.

Also I built an Arcane Spa to keep liquid starlight pumping but apparently it only works in contiguous areas so I can't use it to keep the Starlight Infusion Altar filled, which is a bit of a bummer.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Vib Rib posted:

I've got an Astral Sorcery question: What blocks/structures actually need to be in the high-density starfield areas? The ones you find at night with the resonator or whatever that look like sparkly gas clouds? I know you build there for increased starlight (and up to Y=128 for even more), but other than the astral crafting tables I'm not sure what needs to be built in there and what can just be built anywhere.
Do collector crystals need to be built in areas like that, or can they go anywhere? I keep trying to cram every Astral Sorcery thing into the same area and not being able to spread out my liquid starlight production, for example, is really bugging me.

Also I built an Arcane Spa to keep liquid starlight pumping but apparently it only works in contiguous areas so I can't use it to keep the Starlight Infusion Altar filled, which is a bit of a bummer.

I only put my crafting altar inside the starlight spot for early game and that was more than enough to craft everything needed at night. Just make sure to surround it with those lenses until you're able to get a 900/100/100 collector. Then it's permanently full forever anyways.

Haven't noticed any downsides for anything else being outside the fields.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vib Rib posted:

Literally just the crafting altar. Everything else just needs a view of the sky. Collector crystals work better at night, and, if attuned work even better when the constellation they are attuned to is out.

You keep the infusion altar filled with a Containment Chalice thing. Place one down and liquid starlight from nearby lightwells will automatically drain into the chalice, and if one is near the infusion altar liquid starlight will be taken from the chalice instead of from the pool that makes up the multiblock itself.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Vib Rib posted:

You don't need the high-density starfield areas at all. You can use up to four relay multiblock structures to goose your starter altars enough to the point where you can make your own collector crystal, then just logjam that sucker into the altar. A 900/100/100 collector is enough to peg the meter on the iridescent altar during the day, no matter where your altar is.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
PO3 gripe:

I'd like to know who in the dev team thought, "Hey, lets give these big, dumb, Giant swords to every wither skeleton."

Stuff like that, makes this version feel like it's been made by an amateur team.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I normally dont update packs, but being able to now get dust from a pulveriser is worth the effort :)

My redstone woes are coming to an end.

Now.

I have a cursed earth farm

That goes into storage drawers.

I have one that is just a mountain of grabage.

And the bags refuse to go into the drawers ive set aside for them.

How are people dealing with this (im pretty low tech btw)

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Uh, make sure you didn't open the bags you set the drawers with? Also, check the Loot Bag mod. There's a block that let's you store loot bags in.

Basically, each bag you put in has a value that's added to a total. When you remove a bag, the value is subtracted. Think it let's you choose all the regular bags.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Arkitektbmw posted:

Uh, make sure you didn't open the bags you set the drawers with? Also, check the Loot Bag mod. There's a block that let's you store loot bags in.

Basically, each bag you put in has a value that's added to a total. When you remove a bag, the value is subtracted. Think it let's you choose all the regular bags.

I'll have to look at that once i open it again. I use the block that opens the bags. but to store, didnt know.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Try melting each ingredient in a separate smeltery and use a Fluid Allocator to transfer the fluids precisely to an alloying smeltery. Put the allocator in redstone high mode and set the throughput to the amount of fluid needed for the alloy. Use a pulse of redstone to instantly activate the allocators for one cycle to perform the fluid insertion.

I tried doing this but the allocator only outputs one liquid type. I'm guessing I need two allocators?
edit: yeah two allocators doesn't work either, even with identical settings they output completely different amounts into the smeltery drain when the pulse goes off. I guess I'll try outputting into two different drains instead of the same one...
edit2: nope, it's like they respond differently to the pulse, or the smeltery is blocking input from both at once so they fight eachother. In fact since I'm getting incomplete doses of fluid that must be what's happening.
edit3:I think even if I got the allocators balanced they wouldn't work in the end because the fluid output is per tick and that's too fast. I'd have to set up some kind of complicated bullshit to either get a specific pulse length while making sure it can't clog up from producing too much gold or monitor fluid levels precisely and get the things to stop instantly at the right amount. Except you can't monitor multiple fluids in a smeltery.

I think the only viable option is to make copper ore and pulverize it. Except then you have to make sure the stone gets in the basin before the fluid, ugh.

edit4: well I kindof figured something out. I noticed the tin was reliably being pumped in at twice the rate so I throttled that back by half and it transfers relatively evenly now, and it hugely overproduces gold so I can just leave the alloying smeltery with gold at the bottom and some bits of tin and glowstone at the top. Should be fine?
I think the problem was Thermal Expansion has a viscosity value for fluids. They transfer at different rates even with the loving allocator having a SETTING for the rate.

gently caress I forgot the alloying recipe isn't 1:1 in mb, only items. Each glowstone melts to 250 mb, each ingot is 144.
Setting them to 125 and 72 is perfect. Now I just want to set up something to stop it when the alloying smeltery gets full, so the allocators don't try to insert when it's near capacity and get out of sync. Should be able to use a fluid monitor for that, since most of the time there's only gold in there.
Yep, that worked. Just had to figure out the fluid monitor only outputs the redstone signal from the back of the block.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Feb 2, 2019

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Meskhenet posted:

I'll have to look at that once i open it again. I use the block that opens the bags. but to store, didnt know.

Yeah, your drawers for loot bags are probably full. Loot bags don't stack, so they fill up a drawer super fast.

Also, look into the antibarrel. It stores nonstackable things easily, like the old filing cabinet on steroids. (It even has an item limit now, so it probably won't crash your game with an infinitely large NBT tag.) Only nonstackable items can be piped into the antibarrel, so it's super easy to patch into a sorting system.

Also, if you're using itemducts, make sure you are putting basic filters on each output, empty blacklist, and "Allow Oversending" set. This will radically increase the throughput of any servo.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

gently caress I forgot the alloying recipe isn't 1:1 in mb, only items. Each glowstone melts to 250 mb, each ingot is 144.
Setting them to 125 and 72 is perfect. Now I just want to set up something to stop it when the alloying smeltery gets full, so the allocators don't try to insert when it's near capacity and get out of sync. Should be able to use a fluid monitor for that, since most of the time there's only gold in there.
Yep, that worked. Just had to figure out the fluid monitor only outputs the redstone signal from the back of the block.

Neat, I'm glad this ended up working. It was mostly something I'd pulled out of my rear end :v:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Re: PO3, someone upthread was saying that you can combine ability totems. You definitely cannot -- it's disabled in the config. Guess I'm saving up for that creative flight totem after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Re: PO3, someone upthread was saying that you can combine ability totems. You definitely cannot -- it's disabled in the config. Guess I'm saving up for that creative flight totem after all.

I got a creative flight totem from a mob drop. but im 1305 xp, need 2000 to equip it >< and im not doing anything to get xp. Will bee line for xp crops today i think