Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Biomute posted:

It seems like a lot of people think it's their worst song ("we hate all music, and especially rap"), but for me it's among the top five FLA tracks.

Victim of a criminal is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I even have the P.O.W.E.R. EP somewhere. It's bad. But Victim of a Criminal is an rear end slapper

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Not familiar with Victim of a Criminal so I pulled it up right now and all I can say is

:chloe:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mennoknight posted:

I even have the P.O.W.E.R. EP somewhere. It's bad. But Victim of a Criminal is an rear end slapper

That's one of the most disappointing albums I've ever bought.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

LET'S GO

Caustic Grip - Best and only FLA album I ever want to listen to because it is SO GOOD and SO PERFECT

Tactical Neural Implant - If Caustic Grip didn't exist and I had to listen to another FLA album instead, I'd listen to this one but there'd be a gap in my life

Gashed Senses & Crossfire - Album I sometimes think is good then remember actually it's only No Limit and Digital Tension Dementia that I like

All other FLA albums - whatever.

My man, let me commend you on your impeccable taste.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

LabyaMynora posted:

Is S. Alexander Reed a goon? Why is he randomly posting his ranking of FLA albums on twitter 5 hours ago? :tinfoil:

There are some goons in the ID:YD slack where Alex also posts

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

ohrwurm posted:

There are some goons in the ID:YD slack where Alex also posts

Also rating FLA albums is basically what the industrial scene has been doing since the early 90s onwards

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
...more Laibach?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hope they paid the John Cage estate - they're litigious!

Some country singer did a "Moment of Silence" track on his next album after 9/11, and the Cage estate sued him.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

LabyaMynora posted:

Hope they paid the John Cage estate - they're litigious!

Some country singer did a "Moment of Silence" track on his next album after 9/11, and the Cage estate sued him.

This is an official thing. Mute are releasing a compilation of their various artists doing reinterpretations of 4'33

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.

quote:

A Certain Ratio, A.C. Marias, ADULT., The Afghan Whigs, Alexander Balanescu, Barry Adamson, Ben Frost, Bruce Gilbert, Cabaret Voltaire, Carter Tutti Void, Chris Carter, Chris Liebing, Cold Specks, Daniel Blumberg, Depeche Mode, Duet Emmo, Echoboy, Einstürzende Neubauten, Erasure, Fad Gadget (tribute), Goldfrapp, He Said, Irmin Schmidt, Josh T. Pearson, K Á R Y Y N, Komputer, Laibach, Land Observations, Lee Ranaldo, Liars, Looper, Lost Under Heaven, Maps, Mark Stewart, Mick Harvey, Miranda Sex Garden, Modey Lemon, Moby, Mountaineers, New Order, Nitzer Ebb, NON, Nonpareils, The Normal, onDeadWaves, Phew, Pink Grease, Pole, Polly Scattergood, Renegade Soundwave, Richard Hawley, Richie Hawtin, ShadowParty, Silicon Teens, Simon Fisher Turner, Michael Gira, The Warlocks, Wire, Yann Tiersen

For some reason, I'm pretty excited to listen what some of my favorite artists do for this compilation.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Laibach's version of this song is over 7 minutes long.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

boo_radley posted:

Laibach's version of this song is over 7 minutes long.

I think they're listening to a 45 record at 33rpm judging by the time the it's actually playing for. Which is hilarious.

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jan 17, 2019

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Just noticed there's a brand new Scheuber album called Shades up on Spotify!

edit: found a short gap to put it on... first impression of the first track is not great. The music is okay. The vocals ... sound drunk.

Oh my god the chorus is worse.

edit2: from the lyrics that I caught, I feel like he's just getting poo poo off his chest. But ugh.

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 19, 2019

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
PYF shamelessly blatant industrial samples

Snog - The Universe (1997) - KMFDM - Disgust (1990) - I mean it's the entire loving song
FLA - Victim of a Criminal - Sepultura - Dead Embryonic Cells (since we were just talking about it; no way am I doing the rest of the album)

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

david_a posted:

FLA - Victim of a Criminal - Sepultura - Dead Embryonic Cells (since we were just talking about it; no way am I doing the rest of the album)

That FLA track is so incredibly, and hilariously, of its time. It sounds like someone listened to the Judgement Night soundtrack a lot and thought "drat, this rap/rock crossover thing would work for an industrial band". They made a terrible mistake.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
It's awesome, and it gets more relevant with every year. :colbert:

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Biomute posted:

We'll have to disagree but on the other hand I have some questions about your avatar pic. Where the hell is it from?

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I made it in paint.net and posted it in the scully thread a year or two back.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Biomute posted:

The lyrics maybe

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
gently caress. And One canceled all tour dates for the US.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Godmachine posted:

Visa poo poo?

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Godmachine posted:

It says they're postponed on their facebook, not cancelled.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Saw The Soft Moon last night. Excellent energy and stage presence. Great small-venue act.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Godmachine posted:

Not sure if this was posted here already - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbB8_TyCP5U

Saw them touring with VNV Nation back in, like, 2006? Great live show. On the other hand, I haven't liked much they've put out in the last... 10 years?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Their live show really is great, although I’ve only seen them in a festival setting. I’d like to see them as part of a tour - my friend tells me that And One will go for hours and hours. Other great And One moment: “Well Pitchfork played earlier but they didn’t play Timekiller so now we’re going to!”

Konstruct
Jul 22, 2007

I'm Going To Spread Saikyo All Over The World!!
And One is technically "postponed" but they won't be coming through until next year last I heard. I was supposed to open for them in TX. :bang: :bang:

Some good news is the new Health album comes out in a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e5aEpkvXfo

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I'm looking at festivals this year in North America or Europe that I might want to travel to, but I'm not really familiar with any. Before July/August would be easiest for me, so M'era Luna, Amphi, and Infest are probably out. WGT is looking like the best option so far, but any other suggestions? Not really looking for any particular bands or anything, just checking my options.

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
Saw The Soft Moon last night for the first time. Fuuuuuuck that was amazing! HIDE was great again as well, although I prefer HIDE in really small venues because they're even more intense that way. But yeah, totally blown away by TSM.

Also. Nitzer Ebb is touring soon.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Not sure if this is entirely the right place to post this, but I have a ticket for VNV Nation in Manchester tomorrow, but I won't be able to attend.

If anyone's interested, PM me. Otherwise, I'd also be happy if anyone can suggest a good way to put this on offer for more people to see.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Armor-Piercing posted:

I'm looking at festivals this year in North America or Europe that I might want to travel to, but I'm not really familiar with any. Before July/August would be easiest for me, so M'era Luna, Amphi, and Infest are probably out. WGT is looking like the best option so far, but any other suggestions? Not really looking for any particular bands or anything, just checking my options.

If you like rhythmic noise, there's Forms of Hands in April. I've not been in a very long time, but it was good fun when I went.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
New Test Dept track!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byJrt9gDdZE

It's got some PIG/Foetus influences to it. I think it's bangin'

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Biomute posted:

New Test Dept track!

Nice!
I'm seeing them do some kind of hybrid dj/live set later this month and am super excited

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Biomute posted:

New Test Dept track!

This is good poo poo.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I:Scintilla in May and Aesthetic Perfection in September. Fleshgod Apocalypse is next month (but idk who else on this side of NMD listens to symphonic death metal). Not bad for RVA!

Amelia Arsenic was supposed to be with Aesthetic Perfection but isn't anymore.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Konstruct posted:

And One is technically "postponed" but they won't be coming through until next year last I heard. I was supposed to open for them in TX. :bang: :bang:

Some good news is the new Health album comes out in a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e5aEpkvXfo
Ah that's too bad. I was thinking about trying to make it out to that show.

Health is playing here with Youth Code in May though.

Also looks like a Cold Cave / ADULT show coming up.

The only one of those bands I've seen is Youth Code and it was worth it.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I don't think Youth Code are supporting Health on the part of the tour I'm seeing them on nooooooooo

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
IT'S OUT

this is the new Boy Harsher album, and it's a qualitative leap over the "Country Girl" EP, which was a qualitative leap over "Yr Body Is Nothing"

https://boyharsher.bandcamp.com/album/careful

you can preview the whole thing there

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
oh poo poo boy harsher is playing here too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
Hatari recently released this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVbShUW6QBM

Apparently they're competing to be the Icelandic Eurovision contribution with this song, It would be fun if Iceland would vote for them to go on into the contest proper.

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Feb 4, 2019