Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm not cold

It's 41F/5C in my part of Canada. We've had pretty much one permament Chinook all winter.

It was 116F/46.7C in the shade in my city a few weeks ago and seeing you barefoot in that is setting off some primal horror reflex in me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

With the wind chill and humidity accounted for (the only temperature that matters), it's around -50 in Minneapolis.

That's what I get for thinking Google would give me a temperature that's actual useful

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Partner and I went to the Mütter museum in Philly today, taking a sort of mental health day. It's SO COOL.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

COOL CORN posted:

Partner and I went to the Mütter museum in Philly today, taking a sort of mental health day. It's SO COOL.

Y'all are hella cute! Her hair rocks.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

COOL CORN posted:

That's the one with all the cool medical stuff right? Jealous! Also I love her purple coat

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

COOL CORN posted:

I'm the building behind you glaring disapprovingly at something that is not the two of you

Animale
Sep 30, 2009

COOL CORN posted:

Hooray for mental health days friendo. Hope moving goes well!

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

it's too drat cold outside

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Someone get into an outdoor hot tub, dunk your head, then watch the magic happen when you resurface.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

COOL CORN posted:

Im the massive, lumbering clothespin.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Im the massive, lumbering clothespin.

The clothespin is a Philly landmark and if you ever need to meet someone in Center City somewhere, say "The Clothespin" and they'll know exactly where.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clothespin_(Oldenburg)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

Someone get into an outdoor hot tub, dunk your head, then watch the magic happen when you resurface.

Used to do this in an outdoor hot springs near Fairbanks, AK. Air temp could be ~-40F, but the water was always over 100F. Feeling the steam from the water flash-freeze in your hair is definitely a strange feeling :stare:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

good makeupless morning!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
It cold

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

go back to bed

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Too cold to be outside, better to stay inside and do drastic things with your hair!

I'm so glad to have my blue back! :woop:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Stay warm, Luchador pal. Stay in and play AC Odyssey!

10 Beers has a new favorite as of 22:56 on Jan 31, 2019

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
This is an old photo but I was looking through my photos and I saw this and I couldn't not share.

In September I went to visit my aunt. She had a new kitten, she'd just brought him home that very day.

I'm apparently a comfortable place to sleep. Who'd have guessed?

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
I have an aesthetic.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Animale posted:

I have an aesthetic.

Is a very good aesthetic.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

It cold and i want to go back to bed but i have to go to work even though it is -18 degrees freedom and it is impossible to maintain the temperature in the shop that is required for the fiberglass to cure and the gelcoat to kick off

We're behind though so obviously we need to show up and stand around all day and also work Saturday and also work 12 hour shifts for the next 2 weeks

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

titties posted:

It cold and i want to go back to bed but i have to go to work even though it is -18 degrees freedom and it is impossible to maintain the temperature in the shop that is required for the fiberglass to cure and the gelcoat to kick off

We're behind though so obviously we need to show up and stand around all day and also work Saturday and also work 12 hour shifts for the next 2 weeks

Overtime?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Animale posted:

I have an aesthetic.

And so does your pretty kittycat!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Just cuddling with my dog Buffy

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

titties posted:

That sucks! How do your co-workers feel about that? The same?

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Today is my yearly apartment inspection day. Yay!

Time to hide the washing machine in the closet!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

still tryna be cute without makeup on

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
Watching this boyo this weekend.

But this lady will always own my heart.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Queen Combat posted:

Today is your what? And you have to hide your washing machine?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Queen Combat posted:

Please give us a tour of the fun toys behind you!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Queen Combat has a new favorite as of 03:11 on Jan 2, 2020

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Queen Combat posted:

Every lease renewal, they do a cursory inspection. I'm on the second floor and my washing machine is one of those "hook up to the kitchen sink" ones, so I think it would be a no-no.

:stonk: I'm so glad my complex didn't do that. If you didn't have any complaints, they weren't inspecting anything until you left.

Lovin' the Legos!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

still tryna be cute without makeup on

You don't have to try.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Zipperelli. posted:

:stonk: I'm so glad my complex didn't do that. If you didn't have any complaints, they weren't inspecting anything until you left.

Lovin' the Legos!

I didn’t bother inspecting my renters until I was curious how they set up after having a child. We are on friendly talking terms and it is a small space. A yearly inspection was part of the agreement (it was over two years at this point). So he invited me I took a quick look and found two water leaks that “he didn’t want to bother me with” in a cursory inspection of the linoleum that was visibly curling.

I’m going to be doing a yearly inspection of water damage more religiously.

I’ve lived in apartment complexes that would do periodic maintenance inspections on appliances and it was as simple as someone coming in when your where in the apartment and inspecting the hookups in the kitchen and laundry machines then leaving.

titties
May 10, 2012

I mean yeah, but even OT pay is not adequate compensation for the finite and ever-dwindling hours of my life bruh. Also I am a poor so my overtime rate would probably shock and disgust you. Luckily I live in a low cost-of-living area so I can still boast a middle-class income (lower middle class still contains the words "middle class")

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

That sucks! How do your co-workers feel about that? The same?

A lot of them are probably thankful for the overtime. If so I hate them. I deeply detest every minute I spend at work in any job because I have to wear clothes

Queen Combat posted:

Solidarity. I just had my annual inspection two weeks ago. Now I get to have another one just for fun I guess. There's nothing in the lease preventing this.

E: I really, really want to move because I am locked into a rate on a squalid townhouse that is a couple hundred dollars / month higher than the mortgage on a larger actual house would be. Unfortunately, I am an idiot and did not protecc my credit when I was young so I can't even use my VA loan.

titties has a new favorite as of 00:36 on Feb 2, 2019

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Yeah, when I rented they’d schedule a time to come in and check for mold, any water damage/leakage, do a quick check on the fixtures, change the air filters/inspect the furnace. It was kind of nice since if they found any non-emergency issues they’d put it on maintenance to-do lists and get it addressed in a couple days. They’d also give you ample notice about exterior maintenance like power washing or weather stripping so you could move your stuff into the off-porch storage unit.

I really like my house, but drat that was nice apartment complex. They even upgraded everyone’s appliances, flooring (ripped out carpet and put in very nice laminate), and new kitchen with granite about 3 years before I bought my house.

titties
May 10, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, when I rented they’d schedule a time to come in and check for mold, any water damage/leakage, do a quick check on the fixtures, change the air filters/inspect the furnace. It was kind of nice since if they found any non-emergency issues they’d put it on maintenance to-do lists and get it addressed in a couple days. They’d also give you ample notice about exterior maintenance like power washing or weather stripping so you could move your stuff into the off-porch storage unit.

I really like my house, but drat that was nice apartment complex. They even upgraded everyone’s appliances, flooring (ripped out carpet and put in very nice laminate), and new kitchen with granite about 3 years before I bought my house.

I wish that was all they did here. They call it a housekeeping inspection but really it is just to snoop and make sure you're not breaking the terms of your lease because for some reason they really like to evict people. I know this because I used to work for them as the after-hours emergency maintenance guy.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
That is straight up what the maintenance guy said. He came in, I was all prepared and ready, and all he did was check under the kitchen sink for leaks, ask me if I'd ever seen any bedbugs, check the bathroom to be sure it wasn't full of mold and the light still worked, and started to walk out. I actually struck up a conversation with him, going "That's it?" He replied that all he was looking for was obvious water damage, bedbug activity, and that the carpet didn't have any big irreversible stains. I joked about "making the place all pretty, polishing the faucets and stuff," and he cut me off with a smile and said, "Nah, nah. Just lookin' for huge things, because you'd be surprised what we find. This is really just in case we don't want to, you know, renew anybody. Have a good day man," and left.

Took all of two minutes, tops.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
Had a landlord that used people on probation to do her maintenance for community service hours so we just did all our own maintenance. No inspections since we were one of the few that paid rent on time every month. Come to think of it I don't think any place I lived required inspections, or at least I never paid attention to them and had/have dogs that wouldn't let them in when I was not home.

Now I own a house and I am going through a 3rd busted pipe, 2nd time house flooded and needed a claim in 5 years. At least this time insurance gave me $7500 and its only going to cost $1200 in material and a few days off work to fix it all :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

First attempt at going out and putting on a smile since breaking up after an 8 year relationship. Please find enclosed my best effort at cheering up for your kind perusal:

Breaking up sucks btw

Duzzy Funlop has a new favorite as of 03:50 on Feb 2, 2019