Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdqgzlQCpsQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
hahaha

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Lightning Knight posted:

sounds like something a cia plant would say.

sounds like something an NSA troll would generate,

comrade

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:28 on Mar 23, 2021

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

sincx posted:

lmao just saw this, yeah you're going back on the ignore list

seriously, for someone that posts poo poo like this (as part of your long history of defending trump supporters and unironically complaining about those "virtue signaling" leftists), you really should stay out of c-spam

hell, even the other racists in the GBS china thread are tired of your poo poo

cool gbs feud my dog

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Fallen Hamprince posted:

cool gbs feud my dog

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
can we talk about the china please

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Modest Mao posted:

can we talk about the china please

Id rather talk about the cutlery

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
my fav part of this thread is still shenyun chat

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Dragon ball is good

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

Dragon ball is good

I ordered the first three manga off amazon yesterday, they are all together in like one book. I'm excited to read it, thx for the rec all

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wut da gently caress dragon ball is really boring and annoying

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Turn on your monitor

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

wrong

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

shut up about anime

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

shut up about anime

https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews...ingawful.com%2F

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

shut up about anime

no

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
so what's the deal with Tencent and CCP. like tencent is just throwing barrels of cash buying up western gaming stuff. is there some particular endgame there with tencent/ccp with building foreign database and doing facebooky poo poo, or do they just figure they can get more profits out of buying a bunch of western game studios?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Xaris posted:

so what's the deal with Tencent and CCP. like tencent is just throwing barrels of cash buying up western gaming stuff. is there some particular endgame there with tencent/ccp with building foreign database and doing facebooky poo poo, or do they just figure they can get more profits out of buying a bunch of western game studios?

it's whatever you imagine the scariest possible reason would be.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Xaris posted:

Wasn't Tencent being particularly targeted by the new censorship standards? They're probably buying up western studios so they can make money exclusively from foreign markets with projects that won't fly in China.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
They brutally owned cliffyb by buying his shares in epic games and then releasing a multi billion dollar game

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Xaris posted:

Trying to get rid of their cash inside China and own more concrete things. That's my guess.

BTW, I have a classmate who used to made WM software and sold his business to tencent and became a management. He said the most popular battle royale mobile game from tencent are not allowed to make money even though its the most popular game, because the party is not giving the approval. He didn't say approval of what but I assume to sell microtransaction? I don't play mobile games.

tino has issued a correction as of 12:11 on Feb 1, 2019

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Also there was a stretch for quite a while recently (maybe still ongoing?) where the Chinese censors/regulatory authorities basically weren't issuing any approvals for new games at all, for months and months.

Tencent is probably smart enough to see which way the domestic political winds are blowing and are trying to sink their money into companies operating in other markets for stability.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tino posted:

Trying to get rid of their cash inside China and own more concrete things. That's my guess.

BTW, I have a classmate who used to made WM software and sold his business to tencent and became a management. He said the most popular battle royale mobile game from tencent are not allowed to make money even though its the most popular game, because the party is not giving the approval. He didn't say approval of what but I assume to sell microtransaction? I don't play mobile games.

good

edit "even though it's the most popular game" lmao, as if these weren't correlated

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

https://twitter.com/libcomorg/status/1091357106228338688

cool!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Surely gets tons of recruits there. Get those lazy Chinese to work!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

shut up about anime

My kids really like Balala but thankfully quora is here to rectify incorrect thought.

https://www.quora.com/Is-China’s-Balala-the-Fairies-copied-from-Japans-Pretty-Cure

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Xaris posted:

they are socializing the means of production in some foreign countries

using the rules of international capitalism against itself if you will

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/isgoodrum/status/1091142365580935168?s=21

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

gently caress off, Roland Emmerich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8LAwozrXPo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Alysonesque/status/1091521360524800000

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

shut up about anime
it's out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T0a_jXHiDo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
there's also a marxist anime rock / hip hop anthem during the ending credits if you're into that or thought you needed it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

so they did some scenes 2D drawn, and others with those godawful 3D models from the Berserk tv show

comrade Marx deserved better than this

smdh ccp

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
how dare china insult the memory of karl marx with subpar anime

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
hey this looks pretty badass!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the manga is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

cool, can't wait for all the steamy fanart of karl marx + bowsette engels while thot jenny fumes in the background