Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
For some mysterious reason tons of black people in the Caribbean speak a form of French. What a crazy oddity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1091785629699112961

we're dead

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

"I did that racist thing I'm sorry."

"Oh but I don't know which of those two racist things was the one I did."

"Actually, I totally didnt do that."

"But I did do a similar racist thing elsewhere!"

"So we're cool, right?"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

We recently had a work outing to a driving range, which was the first time I'd swung a golf club in almost 20 years. I can say with some confidence that I have a better golf swing than the president of the United States.

Leperflesh posted:

The asian market for some reason had french brioche, so today with the last few slices we made french toast. Added a bunch of zest from a tangerine to the mix, and it came out goddamn amazing. Fluffy, moist but not soggy, exactly the right amount of sweetness just from the bread, served with coffee.

The Asian markets around here that are run by Vietnamese people always have respectable bread, and there's a good reason for that!

E: gently caress now I wish I had gotten banh mi for lunch.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 2, 2019

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh absolutely, my sister-in-law is Vietnamese, I'm fully aware. What was weird is that this is a grocery store in the bay area importing brioche from actual France, instead of sourcing it from one of the many local bakeries. It was not weird that they had brioche at all.

It seems like importing fresh bread from Europe would be like... super expensive and not competitive.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Unless someone made an app to track French break imports in which case it’d have tens of millions in investments.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I just looked it up and we're actually still closer to france than vietnam, as the crow flies, so I guess importing brioche from france might still be cheaper than importing all the many goods in that grocery store that came straight from vietnam. So if this is like, some specific brand that vietnamese people buy in vietnam that is based in france, maybe getting the same bread from france is cheaper? I don't know, I'm not a grocery store logistical expert, it just struck me at the time as a bit weird.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i sent my dad the trump swing and he sent me this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

As apologies go it isn't bad, though he spends more time puffing himself up than apologizing as is the wont of politicians caught doing bad things

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah I thought the same reading it at least, I didn't watch that video. It's also not enough to save him and shouldn't be.

:lol: we can both take this back because holy poo poo. He apparently had to ask his wife which person he dressed up in blackface for in a separate incident--not remembering Michael loving Jackson's name.

And...I think this is real and actually happened?

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1091791839009669120

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
bank fraud is super fun and not annoying at all

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

a neat cape posted:

bank fraud is super fun and not annoying at all

I’m sorry my friend that sucks a bunch of lemons.

Are you okay? Is the immediate future stable?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I’m sorry my friend that sucks a bunch of lemons.

Are you okay? Is the immediate future stable?

Yeah I'm fine. Some guy in New York used my information to buy 600 dollars worth of chipotle in the last three days.

Bank is on it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

C-Euro posted:

We recently had a work outing to a driving range, which was the first time I'd swung a golf club in almost 20 years. I can say with some confidence that I have a better golf swing than the president of the United States.

He's got an ugly swing, but it looks like it's going where he wants it to go at least. Trump is probably one of those old dudes with a horrific swing that puts it right down the middle every time.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
A new winery opened 3 miles from us in a renovated 1837 barn. The building is absolutely gorgeous and nails the whole period piece really well. Going inside felt like walking into an old world tavern. We liked it so much we signed up for the club membership so we can get our dang tagged mugs and discounts lol

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

a neat cape posted:

Yeah I'm fine. Some guy in New York used my information to buy 600 dollars worth of chipotle in the last three days.

Bank is on it.

He'll be dead soon, then.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

a neat cape posted:

Bank is on it.

Whoa someone got the extra guac

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

FizFashizzle posted:

i sent my dad the trump swing and he sent me this.

My first thought was Judge Smails kicking the ball and Danny suggesting he improve his lie a bit.

Checked on our bees and they survived the polar vortex :woop:. Should have known they'd be OK since this strain was bred in Canada.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/status/1091544357759406080

Yikers

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
The snow is driving more feral cats to our area yikes, just broke up a fight with a tabby cat which I havent seen before :(

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

a neat cape posted:

Bank is on it.

$600 dollars of chipotle?

Well good news is that the thief has died of dysentery :)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

$600 dollars of chipotle?

Well good news is that the thief has died of dysentery :)

Yeah but what're they gonna do with 3 lovely burritos

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I just watched Jet Li's Hero for the first time in a decade. God drat I forgot how beautiful it was. It's on Netflix right now and I highly recommend it.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Chichevache posted:

I just watched Jet Li's Hero for the first time in a decade. God drat I forgot how beautiful it was. It's on Netflix right now and I highly recommend it.

I wish more movies were willing to use color like in that movie.

That scene with the women fighting with the leaves gets me every time.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Yikers to that and yikers if you think anyone who can invoke the 25th amendment gives a hot gay gently caress about anything in that video.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Whoa someone got the extra guac

And peligrino.

I noticed it because the email tied to my chipotle account kept popping up and saying my order was ready so I know exactly what they were ordering

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Let he who has not immediately forgot the name of people he was literally just introduced to at a work meeting cast the first stone.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

To be fair, I'm sure the Adam Schitt thing was intentional

Grittybeard posted:

:lol: we can both take this back because holy poo poo. He apparently had to ask his wife which person he dressed up in blackface for in a separate incident--not remembering Michael loving Jackson's name.

And...I think this is real and actually happened?

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1091791839009669120

Yeah that didn't work out at all

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

waah posted:

I wish more movies were willing to use color like in that movie.

That scene with the women fighting with the leaves gets me every time.

Yeah, I absolutely loved that. The retelling where they switched to a green color scheme was amazing.

And props to China for using literally thousands of extras. Those scenes were cool as gently caress.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, I absolutely loved that. The retelling where they switched to a green color scheme was amazing.

And props to China for using literally thousands of extras. Those scenes were cool as gently caress.

Totalitarian Communist regimes produce some amazing cinema. You should check out the Soviet production of War and Peace.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I bought a pressure washer today and I want to cleanse the universe with my newfound power

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

I bought a pressure washer today and I want to cleanse the universe with my newfound power

I bought a pressure cooker today and there's only 72 days until the boston marathon!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Kalli posted:

I bought a pressure cooker today and there's only 72 days until the boston marathon!

Been awhile since the secret service visited

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

iwentdoodie posted:

Been awhile since the secret service visited

It's a 10 quart one. I got it home and set it up and realized how big that actually is. There's no way someone could conceal this thing.

Gonna cook so many chickens in this thing.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

It's a 10 quart one. I got it home and set it up and realized how big that actually is. There's no way someone could conceal this thing.

Gonna cook so many chickens in this thing.

We all know what that means
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mADwLp_50n4

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I don't care if this movie is just 3+ hours of all of the actors riffing off of each other it's gonna be loving LIT

https://twitter.com/bmoviesd/status/1091423895931011072

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Petite Dinklage posted:

I don't care if this movie is just 3+ hours of all of the actors riffing off of each other it's gonna be loving LIT

https://twitter.com/bmoviesd/status/1091423895931011072

Not gonna lie, that's a really great choice for Stilgar.

Best Dune casting choice however remains Salvador Dali as Shaddam IV in the Jodorowsky version that never got filmed.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Spoeank posted:

Gas motor or electric?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the best dune casting choice is sting or jack nance

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

C-Euro posted:

Not gonna lie, that's a really great choice for Stilgar.

Best Dune casting choice however remains Salvador Dali as Shaddam IV in the Jodorowsky version that never got filmed.

If I ever get a chance to go back in time I think I'd choose getting that movie made over killing Baby Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

hifi posted:

the best dune casting choice is sting or jack nance

Linda Hunt as Shadout Mapes was underrated