Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress yeah turning point UK is already amazing

The irony is that you're using the name of 'Turning Point' a well established and reputable service supporting people with drug and alcohol use, mental health, offending behaviour, unemployment issues and people with a learning disability.

Also,

"I mean, sure Nazism intended to murder millions of people, but in the end we did get the Volkswagen Beetle, so was it really that bad?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Grape posted:

You people controlled Egypt, Cyprus, Jordan, Iraq, IsraelPalestine and at least half of Yemen.... and you couldn't at the very least bring home some halfway decent coffee??

Why bother? Tea was the caffeine drink that fueled the Empire.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MikeCrotch posted:

OH COME OUT YE BLACK AND TANS

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

But the outcomes of Tory leadership have been loving disastrous

Koch Bros go home

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

I know, it's wild. Outside of cafes instant is still the more common option and a lot of people inexplicably think ground coffee is quite middle class.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MikeCrotch posted:

My office (in the UK) has free vending machines that make perfectly passable bean-to-cup coffee and espresso

There are quite a few people who pay money to bring in instant coffee because "it tastes better"

As for ersatz coffee it was just for the taste, not for any particular benefit

Lol

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 21:28 on Feb 2, 2019

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bryter posted:

I know, it's wild. Outside of cafes instant is still the more common option and a lot of people inexplicably think ground coffee is quite middle class.

This is the country that thinks that peak cuisine is chicken tikka on a jacket potato of course they have terrible opinions

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Instant coffee is good enough as a sustenance coffee, which is reason enough to keep drinking it. Espresso is better, but if we didn't have an espresso machine at work, I wouldn't bother. It's not that much of a difference in something that doesn't really matter at all.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Oh, there are so many recipes to explore.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_substitute

quote:

Grain coffee and other substitutes can be made by roasting or decocting various organic substances.

Some ingredients used include almond, acorn, asparagus, malted barley, beechnut, beetroot, carrot, chicory root, corn, soybeans, cottonseed, dandelion root (see dandelion coffee), fig, roasted garbanzo beans, lupinus, boiled-down molasses, okra seed, pea, persimmon seed, potato peel, rye, sassafras pits, sweet potato, wheat bran.

Lupinus.

'Look, my friend, I happen to know that this is the Lupin Express.'

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
The UK is the only place in Europe where you don't get offered coffee when visiting a company. I have to take time out and stop at "the services" on the highway, for some reason as soulless as can be and filled with weird people.

Fingers crossed I'll never have business there again in my life.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
British opinions about coffee are equivalent to american opinions about chocolate.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Guys they are actually doing it

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/02/rebel-labour-mps-set-to-quit-party-and-form-centre-group

They are actually doing the thing

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Not everyone is on board with being UKIP-Left i guess

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Your government is an ouroboros

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

but the liberal democrats already exist?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I've been watching the original british House of Cards series, and just lol anyone would consider politics as high-minded intrigue rather than a bunch of dopes crashing haphazardly against one another, the press and the public.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they do well in council elections but I think the coalition was a Pyrrhic victory for them

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

not anymore. neolibdems should do about as well

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol bojo is living his best life

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

papa horny michael posted:

I've been watching the original british House of Cards series, and just lol anyone would consider politics as high-minded intrigue rather than a bunch of dopes crashing haphazardly against one another, the press and the public.

It's similar to belief in God. People are comfortable thinking there is some all-knowing and mighty power up there that determines everything for a reason.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Raskolnikov38 posted:

as someone that can't stand coffee dear god why

coffee is good. watch lovely 18th century man John Townsend make some imitation coffee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQuZS61SezE

people might want to watch his other videos to see how to cook things with open fires and no running water. no reason

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Jel Shaker posted:

they do well in council elections but I think the coalition was a Pyrrhic victory for them

they are literally going broke lol

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Bring out your dead

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1091861414698991617?s=19

There will be adequate fleeing the country

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

good sign

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Kurtofan posted:

Bring out your dead

Do you think Sora would support Brexit?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

If you are stocking up on Brexit ramen and have only ever had Japanese, Korean, or western instant noodles (if you are a real sicko), then you need to do yourself a favour and pick up a box of IndoMie Mi Goreng. Instead of a broth, you drain them and coat them in an addictive chilli and sweet soy sauce. You should be able to get them at Asian grocers or Amazon, and some supermarkets like Tesco will sell individual packets if you want to try them. If you like instant noodles but never had these, they'll change your life.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Tokamak posted:

If you are stocking up on Brexit ramen and have only ever had Japanese, Korean, or western instant noodles (if you are a real sicko), then you need to do yourself a favour and pick up a box of IndoMie Mi Goreng. Instead of a broth, you drain them and coat them in an addictive chilli and sweet soy sauce. You should be able to get them at Asian grocers or Amazon, and some supermarkets like Tesco will sell individual packets if you want to try them. If you like instant noodles but never had these, they'll change your life.

this is legit advice those indonesian instant noodles are loving good

mix a dab of peanut butter in to give it a little something special too

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I can't wait to make the union of Britain real

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I would stock up on these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-mfYXdjNTM

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

The Queen thinks Brexit could be worse than the Blitz.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Aw hell yeah let's make the kaiserreich mod become real life and make the queen flee to Canada and have the wobblies turn the UK syndicalist

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Neeerts/status/1091824686575640579

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

"The free market has spoken," on uh - student groups?

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Oh, please, please, please

Just so the phrase "Government in Exile" gets added to this mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

*Queen Elizabeth as John Hammond, giving a wistful glance back at Blighty as it is abandoned and nature allowed to take it's course*