Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And before you say it, The Hand gets by because it's not actually the name of the artist it's referencing, it just rhymes with it.

Really, when you think about it, Araki going from The Band to The Hand isn't really any different from a lot of the name changes we've gotten.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Feb 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

It also works because I can easily believe that Okuyasu is the kind of guy to name his stand after what it does rather than any formal reference

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

And before you say it, The Hand gets by because it's not actually the name of the artist it's referencing, it just rhymes with it.
i love echoes act 3

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
It's less about an actual lawsuit and more about the threat of a lawsuit. Musicians and their estates are crazy rich and craaaaaaazy litigious and court fees ain't cheap, especially for a really low-profit industry like anime dubbing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I just remembered that Scary Monsters is localized as Frightening Monsters

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

My scans of Rohan Goes to Gucci finally see the light of day

https://twitter.com/kewl0210/status/1092236659133947904?s=21

The alternate version of the spur cover was fuckin annoying to scan cuz jojoveller is slightly bigger than my scanner so it required stitching :mad:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
nice thanks!

i had no idea a new thus spoke came out a year ago and i dont think i even read the one before it. i'd honestly be okay if araki wanted to become just a horror fantasy one-shot writer after part 8 ended

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My gay cowboy collection is nearing completion.
When's RINGO, Medicos?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm not sure I could even handle a Ringo fig

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yo, can someone explain to me why it's repeatedly stated Baby Face is invincible? I get that it's hard to actually attack, but given that you can hurt it with things that aren't Stands, and in fact Giorno just blows it up, that descriptor doesn't really seem to make sense. It's probably just Araki using shorthand to quickly say, "you can't fight it directly or head-on," but saying it can't actually be defeated is weird and has bothered me since I first read this arc. Like, even if Jotaro manages to damage it slightly, Sheer Heart Attack I would accept being called "invincible." Baby Face is very much not.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Arist posted:

Yo, can someone explain to me why it's repeatedly stated Baby Face is invincible? I get that it's hard to actually attack, but given that you can hurt it with things that aren't Stands, and in fact Giorno just blows it up, that descriptor doesn't really seem to make sense. It's probably just Araki using shorthand to quickly say, "you can't fight it directly or head-on," but saying it can't actually be defeated is weird and has bothered me since I first read this arc. Like, even if Jotaro manages to damage it slightly, Sheer Heart Attack I would accept being called "invincible." Baby Face is very much not.

It's 'invincible' in the same way Sheer Heart Attack 'has no weaknesses'

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i think it's melone referring to the computer part of baby face, the subtitles frequently use "baby face's son" to refer to the entity that giorno is fighting. melone doesn't seem too put down by baby face's son being defeated either, he mentions he still has a blood sample of bruno, plus now he knows what giorno's ability is, so he could have just made another one if he had the time.

if gold experience wasn't a broken stand, baby face constantly pursuing the crew would be a pain in the rear end

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

multijoe posted:

It's 'invincible' in the same way Sheer Heart Attack 'has no weaknesses'
echoes act 3 didn't exist yet at the time when kira said Jakuten Wa Nai so he was technically correct

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I also forget, would a different child of Baby Face (the computer) have a different power? Because the cubes thing is loving ridiculous.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Expect My Mom posted:

echoes act 3 didn't exist yet at the time when kira said Jakuten Wa Nai so he was technically correct

But Echoes Act 2 did, and that did a pretty good job of disabling SHA all on its own

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
koichi would have had to just stand there forever with his stand out so is it reeeeally a Weakness?

though sheer heart attack being drawn to the fires it would probably start does seem like a bit of a problem

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Revisionist history.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I wonder if lighting Kira on fire would make Sheer Heart Attack explode around him before he could unsummon it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

The Hand

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Hand being able to destroy something doesn't mean it has a weakness. It's like saying Muhammad Ali has a weakness because he didn't survive being sucked into a black hole.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Weakness - Susceptible To Being Erased From This Reality

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Arist posted:

The Hand being able to destroy something doesn't mean it has a weakness. It's like saying Muhammad Ali has a weakness because he didn't survive being sucked into a black hole.

The joke of Sheer Heart Attack is Kira never actually considered there might be other Stand users with abilities that directly counter his own, so saying it has no weaknesses is completely unwarrented arrogance that leads to him getting incredibly owned by Sheer Heart Attack having numerous, exploitable weaknesses

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kira Yoshikage: “Sheer heart attack has no weakness”
Also Kira Yoshikage: “When my fingernails grow fast enough I’m invincible!”

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that makes sense to me

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Star Platinum The World is also said to be an invincible stand and it loses to a rat. At some point you just have to accept that the word "invincible" means something very different in Jojo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Survivor is "the weakest Stand" but still fucks a lot of people up.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Waffleman_ posted:

Survivor is "the weakest Stand" but still fucks a lot of people up.

actually the weakest stand is hermit purple, dio just didnt know it yet

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Daxing Dan posted:

Star Platinum The World is also said to be an invincible stand and it loses to a rat. At some point you just have to accept that the word "invincible" means something very different in Jojo.

What if the rats squeaked (in ratish) "R.A.T.T is invincible"

Then they're on the same level.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
I'd expect a battle between two equally invincible stands to end in a draw, not in the invincible Star Platinum being soundly defeated by Ratt. It's a worthwhile line of questioning, but the rats need to squeak something like "Ratt is double invincible times infinity"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Daxing Dan posted:

Star Platinum's weakness is that it requires Jotaro Kujo - who, like Superman in the face of magic, is "tough but basically normal" - to exist. Also the 2meters thing

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Star Platinums weakness is that Jotaro touches the needle that turns people into meat like a drat fool

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Jonathan's only weakness was being killed

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
by really bad head

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think it's a very good head personally

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

by really bad head

Yeah vampires always use too much teeth

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Daxing Dan posted:

Well in fairness he was too busy focusing on his marine life studies and his love of dolphins to practice using Time Stop, so he really got pretty rusty

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
You'd think he would've used timestop all the time to catch fish before they got away and stuff.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

You'd think he would've used timestop all the time to catch fish before they got away and stuff.

Yeah like there's a whole bunch of poo poo I could see using time stop for, just to keep in the habit of it.

Crosswalk about to turn red, something/someone is about to fall over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm excited to see ghiacchio get really angry at people tomorrow