Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Mainly because going by what we've seen/heard about the BA and WS stuff they dont know what balanced is :v:
p-p-p-power creep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I can’t decide if those BA Terminators are actually good or not. 1W and a 4++ is easy to punch through but getting that -1S to ranged weapons might be enough to make them good. Primus Medicae seems pretty good with them.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
I feel like the squad is just there to deliver the sergeant. That’s kind of how the Larnaean work too and it’s ok. That fucker gets 5 master crafted attacks on the charge.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

I can’t decide if those BA Terminators are actually good or not. 1W and a 4++ is easy to punch through but getting that -1S to ranged weapons might be enough to make them good. Primus Medicae seems pretty good with them.
I'm always kind of disappointed by one wound legion-specific super elite terminators, but these guys might turn out ok. They also have FNP which goes up to 4+ when they're outnumbered. That plus the -1S shields should make them pretty tough though I think I'd rather have two wounds instead of FNP since you can always throw in a primus medicae if you really want that.

As for offense, power swords are fine with the Blood Angels' legion rules. +1 to wound will help them a lot and their only problems will be with 2+ saves. Giving the sergeant a blade of perdition, assuming it's still AP2, should help and so would any attached combat character.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 3, 2019

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

panascope posted:

They have a 5+ FNP that becomes 4+ when outnumbered.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Pictures from the event at Brisvegas comics / Brisbane / Queensland / Australia / REDACTED

King Randy surveys the Custode attack on the Thousand sons

Xana drops the hammer on World Eater dreads and a cult militia

Tim's Mechanicum defends the Provender Bunkers against the Ravenguard

Toads and Ravenguard against World eaters and Steel legion

Xana and Militia vs Mechanicum + Imperial fists

Randy's Custodes drop a void field over the rocky cliff, passing through it into the rear of the mechanized attack

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.

xutech posted:

Tim's Mechanicum defends the Provender Bunkers against the Ravenguard

All of these tables look great, but would you happen to know where I can get some of these bunkers?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
:toxx: 2000 points of White Scars.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

I'm always kind of disappointed by one wound legion-specific super elite terminators, but these guys might turn out ok. They also have FNP which goes up to 4+ when they're outnumbered. That plus the -1S shields should make them pretty tough though I think I'd rather have two wounds instead of FNP since you can always throw in a primus medicae if you really want that.

As for offense, power swords are fine with the Blood Angels' legion rules. +1 to wound will help them a lot and their only problems will be with 2+ saves. Giving the sergeant a blade of perdition, assuming it's still AP2, should help and so would any attached combat character.

I really hope they avoid poo poo like 2+, 4++, 4++ FNP with multiple wounds. That stuff is not fun to play against, just like custodes with re-rolling saves.

If you want to experience the pleasure for yourself, ask somebody like Hixson to demo their Sekhmet with shields and biomancy stacked ontop.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

BULBASAUR posted:

I really hope they avoid poo poo like 2+, 4++, 4++ FNP with multiple wounds. That stuff is not fun to play against, just like custodes with re-rolling saves.

If you want to experience the pleasure for yourself, ask somebody like Hixson to demo their Sekhmet with shields and biomancy stacked ontop.

What do you mean? Isn't constant codex creep and escalation what keeps people interested in the game? The game is better when you roll 8 dice per model with re-roll hits, re-roll wounds, armour saves, re-roll armour, FNP, and re-roll FNP all at once.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

You're just mad because Gorgon terminators don't have two wounds.

These new BA terminators are supposedly 160 for the first three and only go up to five. I think it'd be totally fine for them to have two wounds each at that price point. That's without built-in FNP though.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Safety Factor posted:

You're just mad because Gorgon terminators don't have two wounds.

I am kinda mad about it, but 2W Gorgons would so tough, you couldn't smash the model with a hammer.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
The new FAQ is changing legion units, so who knows. Maybe 2W Gorgons!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Calling it now: nerfs to IWs, the strongest legion

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I'm just glad they're apparently undoing the buff to Augury Scanners - having just gotten absolutely monkey stomped because of them, this weekend, I'm really relived to know that my SoH Orbital Assault list might still be usable.

Quad Mortars + Intercepting Darkfire Cannon Castellax + Intercepting Volkite Culverin spam does not make for a good time.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

JcDent posted:

I am kinda mad about it, but 2W Gorgons would so tough, you couldn't smash the model with a hammer.

I'm willing to test that.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm not happy with the interceptor rollback. Drop pod and outflanking armies are probably some of the strongest in the game. If they go back to the way it was before its going to preserve the outflank/pod meta. If they limit the range I think it will help balance things out, but all armies should have access to reliable interceptor to counter reserve heavy armies.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm not happy with the interceptor rollback. Drop pod and outflanking armies are probably some of the strongest in the game. If they go back to the way it was before its going to preserve the outflank/pod meta. If they limit the range I think it will help balance things out, but all armies should have access to reliable interceptor to counter reserve heavy armies.

If you don’t want to get owned by pods or outflankers deploy better or keep your stuff in reserve

I.e. try something different then the thing you’re doing when you get destroyed.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

It's still an 18" radius. Any unit coming from reserve that wants to avoid being shot will be out of rapid fire range and their melee presence will be pushed back by a turn or so. An augury scanner is 5 points and has a huge impact on reserve placement. Unlimited range was ridiculous and I said so when that FAQ came out. I'm glad they've walked it back. Invincible gunlines are the most boring lists imaginable.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yeah, at 18" I feel there's room for both ways to play. I'm not arguing for napelonic gun lines, but null deploy with tons of outflank or no-scatter deepstrike isn't fun either. IE:

Hixson posted:

If you don’t want to get owned by interceptor think about how you deploy out of reserve or just put them somewhere else on the table

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Except you can intercept at infinity range currently.

I don’t know why you have this ridiculous mental block when it comes to outflankers. I’m sorry I killed your Scoria

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

BULBASAUR posted:

Yeah, at 18" I feel there's room for both ways to play. I'm not arguing for napelonic gun lines, but null deploy with tons of outflank or no-scatter deepstrike isn't fun either. IE:

Agree on the 18" thing, but deep striking/drop podding is gonna get important to me about three years after HH gets cancelled.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Honestly, even at 18”, I feel 5 points is too few; I will still take Augury Scanners on everything with the option, just because it feels foolish not to, and I’m the guy with the Deepstrike/Reserves list!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
'Aight boiz. It's almost time:

30k krew going to LVO: lets see those armies on parade!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Fuuuuuuuuuck

Destroyers are apparently getting a huge decrease in the FAQ. They're going down to 115 base, 15 per additional model, and 5 points per model for jump packs. That works out to an 85 point decrease for a full 10-man unit with jump packs or 60 without.

Destroyer Meta is real. :pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 5, 2019

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Minus actually basing the bois, I'm all finished with my Zardu Layak and Blade Slaves. I'm really happy with how they turned out and can't wait to get some more of the army finished. Going to invest in some Gal Vorbak after a couple of legion squads are finished.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
LVO crew heavy metal Scars checking in

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Ghazk posted:

LVO crew heavy metal Scars checking in

Those are so loving rad

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

:confused:

I still have days, get off my back, you can see them in Vegas.

Half of them are packed even.

EDIT: Post YOUR models if you're done already, mister!!!

Salynne fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 6, 2019

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

InsidiousMuppet posted:

Minus actually basing the bois, I'm all finished with my Zardu Layak and Blade Slaves. I'm really happy with how they turned out and can't wait to get some more of the army finished. Going to invest in some Gal Vorbak after a couple of legion squads are finished.

You in the PNW? These are sweet.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

InsidiousMuppet posted:

THESE ARE SOME BEAUTIFUL BOIS

for real though they came out amazing.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

InsidiousMuppet posted:

I really like the style of what you've done with these. It's distinct and unique from what Hixson did. They look like they worn in and heat blasted. Do you have any troops painted in the style?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

I suppose since people are in the air already it’s ok to poast these.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
It’s getting hot in here!

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

That lit-up flame is perfect.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Dude has SEEN some poo poo.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Cessna posted:

That lit-up flame is perfect.

Plenty more fire where that came from.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
This is a most superb page.

These sallies absolutely own.

Post a bigger picture because these scars are great!

Disgusting in the best of ways.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

InsidiousMuppet posted:

By the way if you're interested in more active heresy discussions and painting and stuff, we have a Slack for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
Better pics