Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Russian Doll is so good.

I froze to death! That's loving dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Mu Zeta posted:

Netflix saved that show from cancellation last time. It can't cost that much for another season when you're spending a billion making Wheel of Time. e: oh that's Amazon. I'm sure The Witcher has a crazy budget then.

It always seemed like a fairly cheap show, but atleast it managed to get a decent end.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"You've got this. You're one of the most capable soldiers I've ever worked with." :v:

"Holy poo poo, that does work."

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

New season of Veep is off to a hilarious start. Strange that they changed the protagonist to a Governor from Virginia though. The name doesn’t even really make sense anymore.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Someone explain the joke there cos I’m too sleepy to google or whatever

I tried Fast Five after hearing it was good dumb fun and I dunno I just really didn’t have a fun time at all

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Last night it surfaced that photos in the yearbook for the Governor of Virginia showed him in either blackface or a KKK hood. He apologized for the pictures but refused to resign. All night people called for him to resign so he scheduled a presser this morning for what most people thought would be a resignation. Instead on live TV he proceeded to deny it was him in the pictures after already admitting it, then admitted to another occasion nobody knew about where he wore blackface to impersonate Michael Jackson for a dance contest, and then when asked if he could moonwalk by the press looked around to see if he had room to do so before his wife told him it probably wasn’t the appropriate time.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

X-O posted:

Last night it surfaced that photos in the yearbook for the Governor of Virginia showed him in either blackface or a KKK hood. He apologized for the pictures but refused to resign. All night people called for him to resign so he scheduled a presser this morning for what most people thought would be a resignation. Instead on live TV he proceeded to deny it was him in the pictures after already admitting it, then admitted to another occasion nobody knew about where he wore blackface to impersonate Michael Jackson for a dance contest, and then when asked if he could moonwalk by the press looked around to see if he had room to do so before his wife told him it probably wasn’t the appropriate time.

Because I'm a pedant: "either blackface or a KKK hood" how does one not tell the difference between the two?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bruceski posted:

Because I'm a pedant: "either blackface or a KKK hood" how does one not tell the difference between the two?

No the picture includes both and until he denied it was him altogether he said he didn’t know which one was him.

https://twitter.com/daviddtss/status/1091795087531618305?s=21

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bruceski posted:

The photo has a guy in blackface standing next to a guy in a Klan hood and no one knows which of them is Northam since its 35 years old. And when he first said it was him he didn't say which one he was and now he's saying that he thought about it more and realized he isn't either of them. But he wants to run a facial recognition program on it to find out.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

How did that guy become a doctor. Has to be an idiot savant like Ben Carson.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I kind of wish his wife hadn’t stopped him.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahahaha that’s incredible

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was told we were getting a moonwalk.

This is very disappointing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

STAC Goat posted:

The photo has a guy in blackface standing next to a guy in a Klan hood and no one knows which of them is Northam since its 35 years old. And when he first said it was him he didn't say which one he was and now he's saying that he thought about it more and realized he isn't either of them. But he wants to run a facial recognition program on it to find out.

"Gosh, we were running around in Klan hoods and blackface so often that I figured it was one of the other times I wore it."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
He's merely explaining that his Michael Jackson costume was really good, he believes the poor quality of the blackface costume in the picture is what everyone is mad about.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Jesus Killer 
Qu'est-ce que c'est 

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bou posted:

:allears:

Also, did someone catch that russian word for "strangers on a trip together"? I like the idea.

poputchik

попутчик: (n) stranger you connect to on a trip

e:

quote:

Unlike a travel companion you’ve known before, a ‘poputchik’ is a complete stranger who happens to travel in the same direction and share your coupe on a train. You are free to open up completely to your best friend pro tempore, because you know that the person will get off at a far away stop, never to be seen again, taking your secrets safely with them... ...unless you become lifelong friends from thereon!
:tinfoil: :ussr:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

DoctorWhat posted:

Jesus Killer 
Qu'est-ce que c'est 

Fa fa fa faaaa fa!

X-O posted:

New season of Veep is off to a hilarious start. Strange that they changed the protagonist to a Governor from Virginia though. The name doesn’t even really make sense anymore.

i c wot u did there

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Apparently, a poputchik is a fellow traveler, which acquired a different connotation.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Escobarbarian posted:

I tried Fast Five after hearing it was good dumb fun and I dunno I just really didn’t have a fun time at all

You and I are apparently the Statler and Waldorf of the Fast and the Furious franchise discussions.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

poputchik

e:

Or new friend KGB, then you go gulag.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Russian Doll is amazing

Everything Poehler touches is gold

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Chris James 2 posted:

CBS has ordered a pilot for Frankenstein

The latest play on Mary Shelley's novel, this drama follows a San Fran homicide detective mysteriously brought back to life after being killed in the line of duty. As he resumes his old life and he and his wife realize he just isn't the same person he used to be, they zero in on the strange man behind his resurrection - Dr. Victor Frankenstein

Oh my God this is literally just Officer Downe but made by people who hate fun

e: like, yeah, RoboCop, but Officer Downe is already "what if RoboCop was also Frankenstein's monster"

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched the first four episodes of Russian Doll tonight and so far my theory is that the professor has a time dick that messes up the time stream of people he's hosed, and then the people they then turn around and gently caress also get their time stream messed up

Ok I don't really think that, I just wanted to type the phrase "time dick"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Time Dick is definitely a plot thread on Legends of Tomorrow next season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As I was saying before *chidi voice* I SaW tHe TiMe DiCk

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Okay, I'm hooked now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utBOYZ0pDo4

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Weren't we just talking about Jack from Twitter and what a piece of poo poo he is?

https://twitter.com/DonCheadle/status/1091899442582609920

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Weren't we just talking about Jack from Twitter and what a piece of poo poo he is?

Yeah, he's really bad.

The new High Maintenance also pretty good but there's schlubby 30 year old nudist dick so ummm. You're warned

bou
Aug 3, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

poputchik

e:

Thank you comrade! You're one of the most capable soldiers I've ever worked with. :glomp:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hey for context, and i'm not defending him here. He was specifically talking about them both standing up and taking no poo poo from the likes of North Korea.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rocksicles posted:

Hey for context, and i'm not defending him here. He was specifically talking about them both standing up and taking no poo poo from the likes of North Korea.
Trump gave Kim Jong Un a global audience last year in Singapore, something he hasn't really had before because he and his predecessors usually try to keep the country as isolated from the rest of the world as possible, and Trump even said he likes some of the ways Kim Jong Un does things.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trump gave Kim Jong Un a global audience last year in Singapore, something he hasn't really had before because he and his predecessors usually try to keep the country as isolated from the rest of the world as possible, and Trump even said he likes some of the ways Kim Jong Un does things.

I'm not talking about policy, it's not my area of expertise. I'm just saying he was talking about Obama giving it the hard talk in the media and official level stuff about North Korea for years and Russia too, but obviously more diplomatically. Trump did it too, but gave it the frat boy version on twitter.

That's where he compared them. They were talking about giving Trump a voice on twitter and where or do they draw a line. I tuned out 45 mins in, so i'm not sure if they expanded on it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't even want to attempt to make it 45 minutes into that conversation lmao

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm not a regular follower of this forum. Was "murder mountain" on netflix discussed/have a thread?

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Kingdom really found the perfect setting for a zombie outbreak. There was a goon in Ask/Tell who did podcasts on the history of Korea and the actions of the officials in the show perfectly mirror that of the actual Joseon dynasty when faced with hordes of bloodthirsty zombies Japanese.
-Use this crisis to screw over rivals in court
-Make token efforts to fight the crisis that do nothing but get loads of people killed
-Hide in flimsy castles and run away when they fall
-Kill anyone who is remotely competent as they could threaten your position

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah, he's really bad.

The new High Maintenance also pretty good but there's schlubby 30 year old nudist dick so ummm. You're warned

Sounds about par for the course

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Time Dick is definitely a plot thread on Legends of Tomorrow next season.
It's also a plot point in Future Man

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kingdom might be my fav show of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Russian Doll is good but I’ve gotten to the point in the show where the loops are starting to change and it’s starting to get a bit creepy. I really like it though.