Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Scomo is doing a Facebook Live Q and A on Feb 5th. HE IS RUNNING FACEBOOK ADS ABOUT IT WHERE HE YELLS AT THE CAMERA AND AGGRESSIVELY WALKS TOWARDS THE CAMERA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Anidav posted:

Scomo is doing a Facebook Live Q and A on Feb 5th. HE IS RUNNING FACEBOOK ADS ABOUT IT WHERE HE YELLS AT THE CAMERA AND AGGRESSIVELY WALKS TOWARDS THE CAMERA.

lmao this is a well thought out idea that will end well

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

PVO posted:

Successfully fighting wars on multiple fronts has historically been beyond even the mightiest of military powers. The Romans struggled when doing so, Napoleon failed when he exposed his east and west flanks, as did Hitler. The US more recently found the going tough fighting wars in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

The same is true in politics when a government comes under attack from all directions. Scott Morrison’s Coalition finds itself under assault from within, courtesy of the hard Right and the moderate wings of the party finding fault with some of his policies, and certainly with each other.

What is with 2019 and journalists starting every article with Rome analogies?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

Jesus loving Christ burn that shithead idiot party to the ground with everyone inside it

counterpoint, Diane Evers is good

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

NPR Journalizard posted:

counterpoint, Diane Evers is good

Free market good, government intervention bad - The Liberal PartyLabor PartyGreen Party

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Anidav posted:

White supremacy is an empire

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

Anidav posted:

The US seems to be in decline while the UK acting almost senile in cling to its "glory" days may be making end of empire analogies more topical?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Not politics, but first come first serve

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=uxXFSbThMm5PKMG7 -> Yakuza 0

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

tithin posted:

This will go quite well with my 2070

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

This will go quite well with my 2070

I hope you enjoy it, it's a fun game.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

tithin posted:

Sharing Yakuza 0 with people makes Tith poster of the year

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Anidav posted:

More proof that only boomers still give a gently caress about facebook

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."
Someone definitely needs to explain to me why the beaches of Manly need more toilets when people could just poo poo on the beach and make Tony Abbott clean it up.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Aesculus posted:

Free market good, government intervention bad - The Liberal PartyLabor PartyGreen Party

Everything a party does can be summed up in one picture, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Also, if a party isn't perfect, but is good, burn it and everyone associated with it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Everything a party does can be summed up in one picture, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Also, if a party isn't perfect, but is good, burn it and everyone associated with it.

Now you're talking.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

NPR Journalizard posted:

It's a party with terrible governance practices. It appears to be just as sex offender infested as either of the majors. There's clear evidence that it's not all that left wing economically. It's irrationally terrified of the conservative media when what it should be doing is sucking it up and owning the fact that the people who are going to vote green hate the conservative media. Then there's whatever the gently caress happened in Northcote where 10 nutters were able to essentially override the will of an entire branch with no repercussions whatsoever.

Maybe it's actually a bad party as well

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

And yet they still manage to be a force for good and drag the political discourse to the left.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet posted:

Van badham was right

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

NPR Journalizard posted:

And yet they still manage to be a force for good and drag the political discourse to the left.

:staredog:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i think it's pretty clear that victoria is an outlier.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Van Badham was still wrong, just because the greens are bad, doesn't make badham punching left against policy correct.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

Aesculus posted:

Guess the party:

*Sigh*

I do admit to throwing the words of the free market into the faces of fuckwits who suddenly get all hot under the collar about "the [rich, white] community" being unhappy about something while simultaneously being cool with the poor or some other group on the fringes getting thrown into the woodchipper in the name of Capitalism. But I'm not a Greens MP, either, so I'm hardly expected to be ideologically pure.

I'm still trying to prepare my submission to the committee on the refundable franking credits but I keep reading the other submissions and gently caress they make me angry.

"I've worked hard" kinda implies people who don't have 1.6 million or whatever squirreled away haven't. Wtf do they think the majority of people do with their lives? Skip work and go to the beach every day?

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

hiddenmovement posted:

It's a party with terrible governance practices. It appears to be just as sex offender infested as either of the majors. There's clear evidence that it's not all that left wing economically. It's irrationally terrified of the conservative media when what it should be doing is sucking it up and owning the fact that the people who are going to vote green hate the conservative media. Then there's whatever the gently caress happened in Northcote where 10 nutters were able to essentially override the will of an entire branch with no repercussions whatsoever.

Maybe it's actually a bad party as well

The younger members are vastly, vastly, vastly more economically left wing than older members, and more aggressive policies, like completely obliterating pokies in Victoria was one of those. Bhatal deserved to lose, and gently caress off forever. If she wasn't white-anted and won it would have been infinitely more embarrassing and damaging to have all this stuff come out about her while she's in a term. Most party members are generally pretty friendly/naive people, but have a habit of getting stepped on by those with "ambitions". Other than the majority, when membership spiked a few years ago, Greens Victoria picked up people who are NSW levels of cooked, and its been trouble ever since.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The Greens seem to be having the problem of people who couldn't get anywhere in other parties deciding to try their luck out out there.

Also "I've worked hard" is just "I'm not a racist" for greedy people.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
So the Victorian Building Authority has scheduled a forum on the progress of addressing combustible cladding today, and now less than a block away a multi-storey apartment fire is going which is spreading both quickly and vertically (same pattern as the Lacrosse fire) :tinfoil:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You could say it's a hot topic then.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

froglet posted:

"I've worked hard" kinda implies people who don't have 1.6 million or whatever squirreled away haven't. Wtf do they think the majority of people do with their lives? Skip work and go to the beach every day?

I was at work so thought “I’ll google this and check it out” and it’s the worst poo poo ever.

“We retired at 55 and now blah blah blah”

gently caress you. Me and mine will be working till we’re in our late 60s.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

“March 13, 2018 is like our personal Pearl Harbour”

These loving boomers man.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Dude McAwesome posted:

So it's gunna suck?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

So it's gunna suck?

Boomers gon’ boomer.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

If the franking credit reform goes through some old gently caress writes “I would probably make arrangements to end my life, rather than live in reduced circumstances” while he’s currently sitting on over $1.6 million.

Do it, you coward.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Dude McAwesome posted:

Provoked by long-term hostile economic policies?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

:yikes:

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Home invaded by a gang of Japanese youths.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Greens have made a pretty poor effort to connect with the union movement too. Environmentalists do a good job of getting wedged by business using it's workers as political human shields....

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah I get that.

I cant vote for parties that support concentration camps though. :|

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Frogfingers posted:

Bhatal deserved to lose, and gently caress off forever. If she wasn't white-anted and won it would have been infinitely more embarrassing and damaging to have all this stuff come out about her while she's in a term.

So how are things running in Darebin these days, Councillor?

I joke, but I do find this an interesting comment.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Maybe the union movement shouldn't fall for that poo poo either...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Frogfingers posted:

The younger members are vastly, vastly, vastly more economically left wing than older members, and more aggressive policies, like completely obliterating pokies in Victoria was one of those. Bhatal deserved to lose, and gently caress off forever. If she wasn't white-anted and won it would have been infinitely more embarrassing and damaging to have all this stuff come out about her while she's in a term. Most party members are generally pretty friendly/naive people, but have a habit of getting stepped on by those with "ambitions". Other than the majority, when membership spiked a few years ago, Greens Victoria picked up people who are NSW levels of cooked, and its been trouble ever since.

What exactly was the problem with Bhatal other than unfriending people on FB? Genuine question.