Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
boogiepop is the first time i keep coming back to a show despite having no idea what's going on six episodes in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I will 100% be making a k-on simulwatch for the 10 year anniversary in April

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I think I have some idea what is happening though the show likes to add in more and more complications.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SPOOKY ELECTRIC

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Namtab posted:

i'll join

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

SPOOKY ELECTRIC

I love it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Namtab posted:

K-on being 10 years old makes me feel way older than Precure and Nanoha being 15 years old for some reason

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fangz posted:

I think I have some idea what is happening though the show likes to add in more and more complications.

The fact that there was a K-On post between this and the Boogiepop post I think it was intended to refer to amuses me.

"Yui's... getting good at the guitar? What is happening?!?"

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I can't wait to rewatch K-on while not hiding in my dorm room hoping no one else catches me watching it!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

SPOOKY ELECTRIC

for normies only

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Currently suffering from a triple knockout blow from Mob, Kaguya-san, and Promised Neverland.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

a kitten posted:

Currently suffering from a triple knockout blow from Mob, Kaguya-san, and Promised Neverland.

Wind down with cat roommate.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Furnaceface posted:

Wind down with cat roommate.

Aww yeah get you some cat roommate. All the feels.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMF8tjDjuEU

nice of toho to release a trailer with a corny english voice over for the new pa works

basic plot line is basically the same as this seasons asuka, tho with less an ptsd angle probably, director did jojo's writer did grimgar

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

a kitten posted:

Your Life Is Your Own

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Namtab posted:

sorry i already watched k-on in 2019

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

RME posted:

sorry i already watched k-on in 2019

watch it again

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Always be watching K-On.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
ABK

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Namtab posted:

Yes.

I rewatched K-ON! in 2016 and it was excellent and I am excited to watch it again.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1091752054681415681

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Magnificent KOTOBUKI is on Crunchyroll now if you want your pancake needs through different sources!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Magnificent KOTOBUKI is on Crunchyroll now if you want your pancake needs through different sources!

Excellent news because hopefully the subs are styled better than on ps4 vrv, they desperately need an outline or drop shadow or something over there. Gimme some options, streaming services :argh:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Looks like they dropped the silly all-caps on character names, so that's a good sign.

Ueno and the other stuff from Sentai this season seem to have made it over as well.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Zara is amazing this episode and we have some great dog fights. I also want Ukiyo-e painter back as she was 100% into Zara

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Davincie posted:

nice of toho to release a trailer with a corny english voice over for the new pa works

basic plot line is basically the same as this seasons asuka, tho with less an ptsd angle probably, director did jojo's writer did grimgar

It sure looks like grimdark Jojo's, which makes perfect sense given that writer/director combo. Definitely looking forward to it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
BTW Revisions still isn't on Netflix. Are they pulling the "we'll just dump it all in at the end" bullshit again?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Davincie posted:

Little alarmed at how elaborate the fairy designs look. I hope they've got real good CG, because those look like they'd be a nightmare to animate traditionally.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

BTW Revisions still isn't on Netflix. Are they pulling the "we'll just dump it all in at the end" bullshit again?
They'll never stop pulling that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just hire kou yoshinari to animate them like the made in abyss monsters, that poo poo rules

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

well it is available in some regions already, but yeah we won't see it until they feel it has a slot in their schedule and the english dub/etc are completed.

but none of this means you can't watch it english subbed right now if you try hard enough

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
All of Revisions is up on Japanese Netflix with English subs right now. It's not even being held while it airs weekly.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i watched the first couple eps and it's entertaining how the mc is such a delusional piece of poo poo. there are bits of it that make me think of Infinite Ryvius but even that show had issues so i guess my expectations for Revisions are a bit low.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Someone subbed and uploaded that chinese anime about Karl Marx. It weirdly reminds me of Jojo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T0a_jXHiDo

There are debate bar fights.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 3, 2019

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
5 minute warning!

Allarion posted:

I'm still streaming a movie today on this Superbowl Sunday. It'll probably be a Conan movie, though for which one, we'll have to see as google will determine that diceroll.

https://cytu.be/r/kotori

Also moview@tch will now be preceded by the simulwatch of Gallery Fake starting at
4:00 pm PST/7:00 EST/11:00 UTC on Sunday!

so the actual movie will be around 4:45 approximately.
Come join in if you're not watching the superbowl!

Also for future reference for any newcomers for any google drive videos, cytube requires a userscript, using either tampermonkey or greasemonkey depending on your browser, so if you wanna set that up beforehand, just click here https://cytu.be/r/alsokotori

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
hot karl

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Fangz posted:

Someone subbed and uploaded that chinese anime about Karl Marx. It weirdly reminds me of Jojo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T0a_jXHiDo

lol @ the budget jrpg-quality cgi

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh so better than average anime cgi?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

It's weirdly inconsistent. There's bits where it's okay, there's other bits where it's awful. And it's odd that they go with pretty complicated and realistic character designs. Also I didn't realise philosophical technobabble could be a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Fangz posted:

It's weirdly inconsistent. There's bits where it's okay, there's other bits where it's awful. And it's odd that they go with pretty complicated and realistic character designs. Also I didn't realise philosophical technobabble could be a thing.

The philosophy hole goes deep, my friend.