Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

TheHan posted:

I noticed Reign of the Supermen dropped today, and I actually kinda like it? Felt more enjoyable than the last animated DC movie I remember bothering to watch, and Superboy wound up being my favorite character. One thing really bothered me about the final battle though, Hank Henshaw makes a point of saying Superman won't kill him, and Superman says he's right, moments before jamming a crystal through Hank's skull and having the Eradicator kill him in his mind. Which is...kind of worse than killing him but also still killing him?

Isn't that basically how the Justice Lords started in JLA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SlothfulCobra posted:

Isn't that basically how the Justice Lords started in JLA?

Nah Superman straight up kills lex no attempts at rationalization

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay that marvel rising episode was indeed pretty bleh. too bad theyre so intent on running that initiative into the ground so soon

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Vakal posted:

I did laugh though when the justice league members all grouped together just in time for the falling portal to land on top of them. Also you can tell that this movie was animated before Aquaman was a hit for DC as he's nowhere to be found yet Hawkman is there for no reason.

I don't know how I forgot about this. Can't imagine the kind of one in a million chance it took to get the whole Justice League regrouping under the hellportal for really no reason and none of them-especially the Flash-not being fast enough to react to it.

Also, while not as good as Private Security, the latest Young Justice episodes finally, finally go into just what the gently caress it is the Light's endgame is. There's also some pretty clear references to the Anti-Life Equation and Final Crisis, so they may just get to it before season 52. Wish they'd maybe lighten up on gruesomely murdering Halo every mission, it's way past being shocking and edging into uncomfortable.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If I am going to say one thing about the recent episodes it's that Shade's design once he gets his clothes back is awesome.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

site posted:

okay that marvel rising episode was indeed pretty bleh. too bad theyre so intent on running that initiative into the ground so soon

I did like Dove Cameron's Gwen, but the writing was fairly kiddie.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

howe_sam posted:

I did like Dove Cameron's Gwen, but the writing was fairly kiddie.

Yeah, I think she'd be great in a good Spider-Gwen series. They just don't seem to be aiming very high with the XD stuff.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

RIP Miguel Ferrer, first voice of Vandal Savage.

I really hope that they don't make Will and Artemis date. It's Bow Hunter security not Bow Hunter firefighting.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Miguel Ferrer was awesome. Spider-Man 2099 was named for him!

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Hypocrisy posted:

RIP Miguel Ferrer, first voice of Vandal Savage.

I really hope that they don't make Will and Artemis date. It's Bow Hunter security not Bow Hunter firefighting.

That episode was hard to watch for me.

I think the reason why Olympia kept asking about the bear was a hint that she had either early stages of dementia or Alzheimer's Disease. Maybe that's why Cassandra called it a mercy killing... she would've died of the disease anyway.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ThermoPhysical posted:

That episode was hard to watch for me.

I think the reason why Olympia kept asking about the bear was a hint that she had either early stages of dementia or Alzheimer's Disease. Maybe that's why Cassandra called it a mercy killing... she would've died of the disease anyway.

Cassandra outright said that her mind had been going for a while and that is why it was a mercy.

Also glad the Ultra-Humanite is getting some respect, he is the original super villain after all.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 20, 2019

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Wow, Yemandi was legit in the latest Avengers Assemble - I'd love for her to make the jump into the comics as a pulpy adventurer past Black Panther.

Also, bonus: Frog Thor!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that's a Bloodborne hunter

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Hypocrisy posted:

RIP Miguel Ferrer,

Ah dammit, he was awesome, I always loved him on Crossing Jordan.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Young Justice S3 E12: Let's spell it out! D-I-E! D-I-E! Let's gooooooooooo! DIE!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I really liked the super tiny, almost impossible notice reference to that time Hal Jordan lost his mind and killed the whole Green Lantern Corps.

And, holy poo poo everything about Doom Patrol Go was great.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

You kind of just feel like Icicle Jr. could be a good guy if he was born to a different family.

Also, the little joke of Cyborg talking to Cyborg in the locker room.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

TheHan posted:

I really liked the super tiny, almost impossible notice reference to that time Hal Jordan lost his mind and killed the whole Green Lantern Corps.

I, ummm, didn't notice. :shrug:

When was this?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hypocrisy posted:

Icicle Jr. could be a good guy if he was born to a different family.

I wonder if he will end up getting with Artemis as they are a couple in the comics.

Though I did really enjoy his banter with Conner.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jan 26, 2019

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Oh, they're doing The Judas Contract again.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

420 Gank Mid posted:

Oh, they're doing The Judas Contract again.

I hope that's a fakeout because lmbo if they're doing another animated adaption of the same loving story.

Related, I can't be the only one who was super confused about Beast Boy's girlfriend being a different blonde eastern-Euro princess in the middle of all the Terra stuff.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

jng2058 posted:

I, ummm, didn't notice. :shrug:

When was this?

When he drops off the Fatherbox to Doctor Cyborg Hal's got white temples and in general looks extremely haggard, which is the look he had when Parallax possessed his body and drove him insane.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I hope that's a fakeout because lmbo if they're doing another animated adaption of the same loving story.

Related, I can't be the only one who was super confused about Beast Boy's girlfriend being a different blonde eastern-Euro princess in the middle of all the Terra stuff.

She's a Queen actually. We also met her before back in season 1.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

MonsterEnvy posted:

She's a Queen actually. We also met her before back in season 1.

Yeah, I had to wiki that one for a refresher, but it the moment it seemed very in-character for the show. :v:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TheHan posted:

When he drops off the Fatherbox to Doctor Cyborg Hal's got white temples and in general looks extremely haggard, which is the look he had when Parallax possessed his body and drove him insane.

To be fair he had the white temples for like at least 5 years before Emerald Twilight happened

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Wasn’t it retconned into Parrallax having been inside him since Coast City got trashed? Which is why he aged and went evil?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheHan posted:

Wasn’t it retconned into Parrallax having been inside him since Coast City got trashed? Which is why he aged and went evil?

No, it was retconed to Parallax having gotten into him earlier than that. The white hair wasn't aging but a symptom of fear. Coast City is just what cracked him enough for Parallax to get full control.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I think it will be just because of that. I suspect Dr. Jace is going to be the real betryer who's either Tara's mother (remember while brushing Halo's hair she said she'd lost a little girl) or cloned her or something and is somehow controlling her actions somehow.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Just caught up to Young Justice episode 13.

This was worth the wait.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I just found out there's a free app on my PS4 that lets me watch Spectacular Spider-Man for free. This is a good day.

(Also that weird CG one with NPH as Spider-Man, which is trippy).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Yvonmukluk posted:

I just found out there's a free app on my PS4 that lets me watch Spectacular Spider-Man for free. This is a good day.

Both of which were made by Adelaide Productions, who made a bunch of other really good shows as well

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yvonmukluk posted:

What app?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Skwirl posted:

What app?

Pop. It might only be in the UK, though.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I think the American equivalent of that is Crackle.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

https://twitter.com/Talkchampions/status/1093647110157680647?s=19

quote:

Riri

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hasn't that been her name the entire time she's existed?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Its that im struggling to find riri in these pictures

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Look Riri decided to get a perm lol

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Holy poo poo they didn't even try to make her look black. Just made a character model sorta brown and called it a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

Its that im struggling to find riri in these pictures

I guess Riri was actually named Madison in her first appearance