Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

logical fallacy posted:

Drones harassing wildlife, especially endangered wildlife is not bad rear end. It's incredibly stupid and should be punished with jail time.

You shouldn't be filming animals without their consent anyway. It's basically rape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Only the morally inept refuse to get consent.

Tears for Fears
Aug 26, 2005

by Smythe

logical fallacy posted:

Drones harassing wildlife, especially endangered wildlife is not bad rear end. It's incredibly stupid and should be punished with jail time.

I’m pretty sure other animals harass, and sometimes eat to death, said wildlife. You should punish them too.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Tears for Fears posted:

I’m pretty sure other animals harass, and sometimes eat to death, said wildlife. You should punish them too.

I hunt and eat wildlife too. Doesn't mean stressing wildlife with a drone doesn't make you an rear end in a top hat.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Tears for Fears posted:

You're one of those people that says "Why can black dudes say the N-word but not me?" aren't you?

Context, dear.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I harass animals all the time to see which have the strongest, thickest skins. The winners are then slain and made into the finest and most durable leather clothing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dienes posted:

You're one of those people that says "Why can black dudes say the N-word but not me?" aren't you?

Context, dear.

Wow. Comparing black people to animals.

That’s a new one.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Tears for Fears posted:

I mean, animals have sex with other animals too. There's lots of things that it's okay for animals to do to each other that people shouldn't do to them. What a dumb argument.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Ariong posted:

I mean, animals have sex with other animals too. There's lots of things that it's okay for animals to do to each other that people shouldn't do to them. What a dumb argument.

We're not meant to gently caress the animals? This is disturbing news.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

logical fallacy posted:

lol yes

Tears for Fears
Aug 26, 2005

by Smythe

Ariong posted:

The argument, which isn’t dumb, is that animals have more important things to give a poo poo about than a drone going past their field of vision. They don’t care. YOU care because it makes you feel better, or something?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Tears for Fears posted:

You imbecile. You loving moron.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
lmao at any grown man flying a drone around, like a dweeb

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Idk a buddy of mine makes $200-400 per property he photographs (with his drone) for a couple of realtors. It's a great side gig for him.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Tears for Fears posted:

The argument, which isn’t dumb, is that animals have more important things to give a poo poo about than a drone going past their field of vision. They don’t care. YOU care because it makes you feel better, or something?

It is dumb, because you should know better than to fly your stupid drone near wildlife living in the twilight of their free existence, leave em the gently caress alone.

Remember that bear cub climbing up the snowy mountain? Turned out it was terrified by the drone filming it, and it could have ended with the poor little bastard dying or getting inured. I think that mother bear might care :shrug:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Do bears mourn their dead?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Do bears mourn their dead?

Have you not seen Brian's Song?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ferrule posted:

Have you not seen Brian's Song?

:thurman:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d6bEJmg6iM

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://deadspin.com/colorado-runner-kills-mountain-lion-with-his-bare-hands-1832365312

quote:

Yesterday afternoon, a trail runner was out for a run alone in the Horsetooth Mountain Open Space area outside of Fort Collins, Colorado, when he was attacked by a mountain lion. The runner said he heard something behind him, and as he turned around to look, the lion attacked him from behind, biting his face and wrist. He managed to break free from the cougar’s claws and teeth, and he told investigators from Colorado Parks & Wildlife that he choked the lion to death while defending himself

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
poor lion.

last thing we need is more trail runners

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Man, that dude has a bar story for life. Think they'll let him make a necklace out of it's claws or teeth? I think that dude earned the right to wear one.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Solice Kirsk posted:

Man, that dude has a bar story for life.

No it's a cat story

logical fallacy
Mar 16, 2001

Dynamic Symmetry
Cat tale

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

He's a cougar hunter.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

He's a cougar hunter.

#runnerforlife#runforlife#runformylife#AHHHHH

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This is great, until the drive cable to one of them fails and you veer off the sidewalk into oncoming traffic, or off the side of a bridge or something.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Memento posted:

This is great, until the drive cable to one of them fails and you veer off the sidewalk into oncoming traffic, or off the side of a bridge or something.

Yeah yeah I know mom

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/thedepthsbeIow/status/1093725804490559488

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Must be fun to smell like gasoline at the business meeting.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
What if it's an animal piloting the drone?

I grew up around there and have seen dozens of mountain lions on the trails over the years and my mother is always thinks I'm being paranoid carrying a pistol when hiking or riding the horses. I don't know if this article would reinforce her or my position on the issue.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

New Wave Jose posted:

Must be fun to smell like gasoline at the business meeting.

It's a power move.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

TontoCorazon posted:

It's a power move.

read market forces by the altered cabron author. its a terrible book, but gasoline is very much an exact biological analogue to testosterone in that universe

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Krankenstyle posted:

read market forces by the altered cabron author. its a terrible book, but gasoline is very much an exact biological analogue to testosterone in that universe

Lol

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Skip to 2:04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77My9qY2P44

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Krankenstyle posted:

oh man I wondered if I was the only person who's read that. whatever happened to the movie allegedly being made from it

anyway did you know it used to be enough just to get there first :)

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Krankenstyle posted:

I wouldn't say the book is terrible, I quite liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Aargh posted:

I wouldn't say the book is terrible, I quite liked it.

It lacks the nuance that one expects from a high-school composition assignment, but it is fun. (I’m a long-standing Morgan fan.)