Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

veni veni veni posted:

Is this really the world we live in, where people are disappointed by a game that isn’t even announced yet, they know nothing about, and aren’t even 100% sure is real?

Also, so now no wall running is now confirmed because of an off hand comment a goon made itt. :wtf:

I mean, this thread on resetera is pretty convincing, they're generally right when it comes to leak reports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

veni veni veni posted:

Is this really the world we live in, where people are disappointed by a game that isn’t even announced yet, they know nothing about, and aren’t even 100% sure is real?

Also, so now no wall running is now confirmed because of an off hand comment a goon made itt. :wtf:

I mean if we're being honest, VG goons have been this way pretty much since I've been on SA, so I'm not surprised.

I love the Titanfall universe. I even dropped an obscene amount of hours and a few bucks into the mobile Titanfall game, that was fun as poo poo. I'm cautiously optimistic on this one. But hey, we'll see on Monday.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Really sad to hear the game tanked and now they are laying everyone off and closing Respawn. :kheldragar:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Really sad to hear the game tanked and now they are laying everyone off and closing Respawn. :kheldragar:

RIP

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
What if the game was fun.

Asking for a friend.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Insane Totoro posted:

Asking for a friend.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Insane Totoro posted:

Asking for a friend.

Wow, then they closed Respawn for nothing.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Pretty sure I've seen like 10 different games on the google app store called Apex Legends.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Well, it's real:

https://twitter.com/PlayApex

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
According to this, it's something of a stopgap between TF2 and the real TF3.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not including the word Titanfall in in the name says a lot. To me it signals that they are protective of the brand and what "Titanfall" means, while liking their own universe enough to explore making other games in it. Respawn has absolutely proven to me that they are awesome and know what they are doing. I'm kind of hyped to see this tbh, and will assume the best until proven otherwise.

May Respawn crush the BR competition. namaste.

Edit; Only maybe not crush it so much that all 4th graders start playing it.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/1092224787928080385

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

What is unlocked? What does that mean?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

DaveKap posted:

NDA I assume. Check out #ApexPartner on Twitter.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DaveKap posted:

I think it's some sort of joke about the leaks? I dunno it's phrased oddly.

tbh I don't know how anyone would have known about this reveal if it weren't for leaks, and they are demoing it 8am on a monday. Respawn really must not like people knowing about their games.

E:

Alehkhs posted:

NDA I assume. Check #ApexPartner on Twitter.

Oh yeah that's probably it. Zampella is retweeting well known BR streamers about it now.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://imgur.com/gallery/JFm7H5Q

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Not including the word Titanfall in in the name says a lot. To me it signals that they are protective of the brand and what "Titanfall" means, while liking their own universe enough to explore making other games in it. Respawn has absolutely proven to me that they are awesome and know what they are doing. I'm kind of hyped to see this tbh, and will assume the best until proven otherwise.

May Respawn crush the BR competition. namaste.

Edit; Only maybe not crush it so much that all 4th graders start playing it.

:same: to this cool and good post

Gunder
May 22, 2003

This is kind of exciting, as Titanfall 2 was my favourite multiplayer FPS of all time, but the rumoured lack of titans really does harsh my buzz a little.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

You joke but EA's going to do this eventually, lol

Gunder
May 22, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

I hate to think what they’ll do to BioWare when Anthem splats rather than lands.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Gunder posted:

I hate to think what they’ll do to BioWare when Anthem splats rather than lands.

Keep whatever zombie is left of that devteam and have it crank out as many quick-and-dirty projects as they can to cash in on the brand.
:nallears:

s.i.r.e. posted:

It is known. :smith:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Why does EA keep doing that to it's studios anyways?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gunder posted:

This is kind of exciting, as Titanfall 2 was my favourite multiplayer FPS of all time, but the rumoured lack of titans really does harsh my buzz a little.

Same here but battle Royale is just intrinsically lovely, you can't make a good one. So this bums me out.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Keep whatever zombie is left of that devteam and have it crank out as many quick-and-dirty projects as they can to cash in on the brand.
:nallears:

This is literally what's going to happen, on my flight back from Europe last year I sat next to a woman who works at EA right now and we talked about EA and such. She loves the job but when I asked about EA devouring dev teams she went "Yeah, it's bad." I told her I'd never forgive them for dismantling Visceral Games. She responded with "Yeah, a lot of those guys actually got put onto my team!"

She works on The Sims.... Mobile.

:suicide:

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

As an enormous company EA no longer gives a poo poo about quality, they care about profit. They buy up well-performing studios which succeed because they care about the types of games they make, and then force decisions on these developers which go against their strengths and what their established fan-bases want. The resulting games are bastardisations, stripped of what makes them special, which then fail. EA then places the blame on the developer for not reaching their completely unrealistic expectations and then shuts them down because of it.

gently caress EA

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

drrockso20 posted:

Because it eliminates competition and they get all the IPs and talent they want to keep.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Yeah, essentially EA is a giant profit scheme and the suits at the top think everything can be a yearly franchise like what EA Sports or COD cranks out.

Forcing studios into that never-ending crunch, with design decisions made by a board room, burns out the dev team and wrings out whatever creativity they had. :shrug:

but dat fuckn ROI tho... :homebrew:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Gunder posted:

here's the thing.

it's a mode to charge for later.

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
I've heard a screenshot of the game leaked, anyone got the goods?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
There’s one in the titanfall subreddit but no proof that it’s from the game or anything.it looks pretty bad tho. So bad I feel like it has to be fake

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I was in Bangalore once

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

If that's real they're really going for that Overwatch/Pixar look aren't they? Hahahaha, what poo poo.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/1092293184435060736

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This is insanely cool.

As a gun lover I love most of Titanfall's weapon designs. They look futuristic but you can see that they come from present designs. LMGs are my favourite. Spitfire look like a modern M249, Devotion RPM increasing with continuous firing is fun and the L-Star reminds me a lot of Doom's (1993) plasma gun with the short cooldown between bursts.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

If that's real they're really going for that Overwatch/Pixar look aren't they? Hahahaha, what poo poo.

You're a bit on the gullible side, aren't you

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

So teaser stream at 8AM PST and reveal at Noon

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I always need to check a web to know what hour is PST for a GMT (+1) goon. For once I can see the teaser in time after work (17:00 GMT +1). I hope the actual reveal isn't too late for me.

While I don't care about BR games at all, I'm really curious about this one and being a Respawn game I'm going to give it a try.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Oh wow, I hate it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Roof Eeeeeee Ooooooooh!
Roof Eeeeeee Ooooooooh!

BANGERANG LOST BOYS!!!