Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

We can only hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
is there any reason they couldn't make a Let's Go: whichever pokemon in that gen is your favorite? how many labor intensive animations do Eevee and Pikachu get?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

eevee gets a poo poo load

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Make Let’s Go Shuckle, imo.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There just aren't any iconic pokemon that are in gen 2 and beyond that Pikachu and to a lesser extent Eevee have in terms of a go-to face. Maybe togepi and wobbuffett, but beyond that not much.

Instead of just recreating each gen with a pokemon yellow paint, they could give a unique gimmick for each one. And of course, pokemon go integration as well.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

indigi posted:

is there any reason they couldn't make a Let's Go: whichever pokemon in that gen is your favorite? how many labor intensive animations do Eevee and Pikachu get?

While selling two versions has always worked for Pokemon, selling a version for every Pokemon would likely affect sales negatively.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pokemon Let's Gold Pikachu edition (you can bring over your partner) and Pokemon Let's Silver Eevee Edition

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

seiferguy posted:

There just aren't any iconic pokemon that are in gen 2 and beyond that Pikachu and to a lesser extent Eevee have in terms of a go-to face. Maybe togepi and wobbuffett, but beyond that not much.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

It would just be a rehash of pikachu, though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Let's Go! Pikachu 2 and Let's Go! Eevee 2, then 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and then Gen 10 will actually debut with its Let's Go version.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

We can only hope.

Thumbnailed on mobile, I parsed the neck ruffle as part of the sky so it looked like popplio had been beheaded.

What I'm saying is I agree

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Pokémon Let’s Go Togepi and Pokémon Let’s Go Shiny Togepi.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what should be my 6th poke for let's go alolan sandshrew or alolan exeggutor or aerodactyl

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Blhue posted:

Thumbnailed on mobile, I parsed the neck ruffle as part of the sky so it looked like popplio had been beheaded.

What I'm saying is I agree

You and I are enemies now.

Edit:

Super No Vacancy posted:

what should be my 6th poke for let's go alolan sandshrew or alolan exeggutor or aerodactyl

Alolan Exeggutor is the funniest option because she looks ridiculous, but Aerodactyl is the funnest because you can ride on her.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 1, 2019

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh ok i wanted one to ride on lets do that. oh wait i wonder if i even picked the right fossil

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

You get the Aerodactyl fossil in Pewter, it's not one of the ones you get in Mt Moon so you don't have to worry about getting locked out of it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh yeah. drat this thing is big

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Lance's aerodactyl have me the most trouble from the elite 4 when I fought it, cause it had earthquake to counter my raichu (next time I'll use zapdos), and rock slide to counter my lapras. Made me think higher of the pokemon.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Let’s Go Snubbull would be the best.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Blaze Dragon posted:

While selling two versions has always worked for Pokemon, selling a version for every Pokemon would likely affect sales negatively.

no, I mean you sell one version but instead of the traditional starter-choosing method you're free to pick any non-legendary/mythical pokemon to be your buddy. call it Let's Go Jhoto. then nine months later release Let's Go Celebi

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I would buy let's go oddish so fast

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Borsche69 posted:

Something like this is probably pretty likely. It seems as though stuff like Dragon types and dual types were added late in development, which is why you get weird bugs for the super effective prompt, why missigno has a bird type move, why almost every grass type also seems to be poison type, etc

AFAIK for most of development there was no Dragon type, only Bird and Flying. Then they decided to make a custom dragon type for the Dratini line. They dumped Bird and combined it with Flying, which up til that point had been for dragon-likes instead of natural birds.

All the poo poo that should be dragons, like Aerodactyl and Gyarados, got left as Flying for some reason even though that type no longer denoted a dragon status.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Super No Vacancy posted:

Alolan Sandslash got benched because he doesn’t spin in a ball like Kanto Sandslash or Alolan Sandshrew.

EDIT: Walking animations are very important to me. Alolan Raichu is highly recommended for tail surfing.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 4, 2019

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

AdmiralViscen posted:

AFAIK for most of development there was no Dragon type, only Bird and Flying. Then they decided to make a custom dragon type for the Dratini line. They dumped Bird and combined it with Flying, which up til that point had been for dragon-likes instead of natural birds.

All the poo poo that should be dragons, like Aerodactyl and Gyarados, got left as Flying for some reason even though that type no longer denoted a dragon status.

That probably explains why Pidgey, Spearow and the like aren't just pure flying type. They would have originally been bird type but had to get put into flying, but they got normal stuck on them to keep them separate from the old flying but dragon types. It still bugs me they never made them pure flying. The normal typing only makes sense if there are pure flying types around that they seem more "normal" to in comparison. Hell the normal type in general seems almost obsolete. In Gen 1 it served as this baseline where most moves were normal and Typed stuff was the exception, but now the move pool has expanded so much it seems more like a way to penalize moves by giving them a typing that can never be super-effective. The only reason to even really have it around anymore it that there's really no way to describe say Herdier as anything but "a dog". Perhaps they should rename it to "typeless" or "N/A" or something.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

AdmiralViscen posted:

That would explain a lot, honestly. Especially Lance being the Dragon-and-Things-That-Look-Like-Dragons-If-You-Squint.

Like the Rock/Ground, Bug/Grass, and even Psychic/Ghost divides, you’d think that Gamefreak would have learned to make things easier on themselves and just consolidate similar themes into one single type. No need for Bird and Flying when you could just make a Wind type and be done with it. At least on that last one, they actually caught it during development rather than taking over a decades to make the two distinct.

galagazombie posted:

That probably explains why Pidgey, Spearow and the like aren't just pure flying type. They would have originally been bird type but had to get put into flying, but they got normal stuck on them to keep them separate from the old flying but dragon types. It still bugs me they never made them pure flying. The normal typing only makes sense if there are pure flying types around that they seem more "normal" to in comparison. Hell the normal type in general seems almost obsolete. In Gen 1 it served as this baseline where most moves were normal and Typed stuff was the exception, but now the move pool has expanded so much it seems more like a way to penalize moves by giving them a typing that can never be super-effective. The only reason to even really have it around anymore it that there's really no way to describe say Herdier as anything but "a dog". Perhaps they should rename it to "typeless" or "N/A" or something.

Agreed. Normal worked better as the “doesn’t fit anywhere else” type, which is why you got plain old animals lumped in with pixies, a living program, and basically anything that happens to be pink. Then Fairy came along to take most of the weirder ones under its wing, leaving a type that is much easier to define. Now Normal actually does refer mostly to generic animals and basic moves that don’t have much defined forms (the handful of lasers and multi-element attacks notwithstanding).

There’s really no reason why there can’t be more pure Flying types given how readily everything else can have common mono-type representatives. It’s not like Pikachu is made of electricity, but it doesn’t have to lug around a Normal typing.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 4, 2019

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyHQlmCtquo

The Pokemon Sun and Moon anime is going to be dealing with death next week.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Won't be the first time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

indigi posted:

no, I mean you sell one version but instead of the traditional starter-choosing method you're free to pick any non-legendary/mythical pokemon to be your buddy. call it Let's Go Jhoto. then nine months later release Let's Go Celebi

Because just off the top of my head your buddy has a bunch of animations that involve sitting on you and others that are only used in cutscenes, also gets dressed up in little outfits.

All of that would need to be done individually for all the different potential poke men you could use as a buddy, or simplified down and made worse for whatever value of worse people want to get upset about.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

galagazombie posted:

That’s what I’ve always thought too, but I never saw it confirmed

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

who decides what’s “normal”......

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

oddium posted:

who decides what’s “normal”......

My uncle who works at Nintendo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Because just off the top of my head your buddy has a bunch of animations that involve sitting on you and others that are only used in cutscenes, also gets dressed up in little outfits.

All of that would need to be done individually for all the different potential poke men you could use as a buddy, or simplified down and made worse for whatever value of worse people want to get upset about.

yeah that's what I figured, which is why I asked about how much buddy-specific animations there were

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I'm disappointed it doesn't have any eyes on its feet.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
So I'm guessing giveaways and support of US/UM is pretty much done with? I see they're giving away berries til September or something though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Some code cards might still be good, but LGPE have replaced it as the current game.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1093193219154894849

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Kill it with fire, from orbit.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chill Penguin posted:

Kill it with fire, from orbit.

Eh, unlike other Funko Pops, it actually looks appropriately like a Bulbasaur, I don't hate it.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Yep, that's a rare Good Funko. It's not just the same figure with a different hair and clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It looks like a ditto posing as a Bulbasaur