Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Majorian posted:

Superbowl LIII: Two Old Ladies, My Roommate and the Bartender.

gently caress off you santa barbar silverspoon piece of poo poo. you didn't even leave in the bit about ice cream sandwiches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

gently caress off you santa barbar silverspoon piece of poo poo. you didn't even leave in the bit about ice cream sandwiches

It was a commentary on the boring superbowl, not you.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Majorian posted:

It was a commentary on the boring superbowl, not you.

i'll kill you and myself

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Let me have one of those ice cream sandwiches first, then sure.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/jeetsidhu_/status/1091864299440619521

🙏🙏🙏

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Is it Ancestry or 23 and Me that is the front for the Mormons building a massive DNA/people database?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Ancestry.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
all i know is that one cousin tried out 23 and me and suddenly we find out my grandfather or one of his brothers had a child out of wedlock none of the family knew about

or they did know about but never mentioned

it's hard to tell with a japanese family

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I just found out, thanks to 23andme that I'm not actually my crazy racist right winger dad's child. Probably anyway. I did it, then my sister did it and it showed up that shes my half sister. So uh one of us is clearly a product of an affair.

Anyway, I'm loving jazzed to not be related to that rear end in a top hat.

We are getting someone on my dad's side of the family to test and my brother. DNA is some crazy poo poo.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i think it's rad how dna testing is just destroying decades of family secrets in one fell swoop. unfortunately i look and act too much like my parents to ever doubt i was related to both of them. especially as i get older, i basically look like my father as i remember him when i was kid and i act more and more like my mother

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I think my dad knew. He told me multiple times as a kid that he never wanted me. We fought constantly. He beat all of us kids pretty regularly but I was born 6 years after my brother. I knew my mom cheated on my dad because she used to take me along on weird car rides and left me in the car alone alot as a kid.

My siblings have all agreed to not tell him though because my mom died a few years ago and there's no point in bringing it up with him if he didnt know.

Definitely odd to confirm this sort of poo poo in my 30s.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'm crying.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

silicone thrills posted:

I think my dad knew. He told me multiple times as a kid that he never wanted me. We fought constantly. He beat all of us kids pretty regularly but I was born 6 years after my brother. I knew my mom cheated on my dad because she used to take me along on weird car rides and left me in the car alone alot as a kid.

My siblings have all agreed to not tell him though because my mom died a few years ago and there's no point in bringing it up with him if he didnt know.

I was referring to football games in a joking manner, and then I read this and now I'm actually sad.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

drilldo squirt posted:

I was referring to football games in a joking manner, and then I read this and now I'm actually sad.

that game was poo poo, i can't believe i wasted hours of my life on it

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

Sorry to hear that, that’s hosed up. It sounds like your sibs are at least a good support network for you though, I hope?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Well poo poo didn't mean to be a downer. Finding out I'm not related to that rear end in a top hat is rad.

So like. How bout that Northram poo poo. Hope he resigns tomorrow.

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
my mother, my father and i got three wildly different sets of results, all of which were completely wrong according to what we actually know about our family's background, and i sincerely believe the whole thing to be a sham and not even a good sham

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
it did tell mum she was 1% inuit which was pretty funny

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

pikachode posted:

my mother, my father and i got three wildly different sets of results, all of which were completely wrong according to what we actually know about our family's background, and i sincerely believe the whole thing to be a sham and not even a good sham

23andme is creepily accurate. And it was correct on some diseases we know about in the family like a degenerative eye disease. When it comes to historical birthplace poo poo they are all bad because people feed it poo poo data. Like everyone in America thinks they are native American or has a Scottish great auntie.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/magazine/ancient-dna-paleogenomics.html

this article whips, it's about the conflict between paleogenomics and archaeology/anthropology/indigenous peoples in the pacific

it blows my mind how many well-regarded genetic reductionists there are; they're basically creating a finer-grain enlightenment race science. what kind of freak disregards history as a method for understanding the past!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Furnaceface posted:

Is it Ancestry or 23 and Me that is the front for the Mormons building a massive DNA/people database?

both. well they started out as mormons updating their genealogy records but now they're primarily dna collection services for the police and fbi

also it's largely junk science

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Feb 4, 2019

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

pikachode posted:

dna testing is yet another great breakthrough in mormon science alongside cold fusion and dirty sodas

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Majorian posted:

Let me have one of those ice cream sandwiches first, then sure.

technically speaking, any ice cream cone is also a sandwich

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

exmarx posted:

i love reading it. there's a guy who doesn't understand barthes' death of the author but thinks he's really smart, and another guy whose brain got broken by j j abrams' the force awakens so hard that he turned alt right

I think he's trying some incredible Gambit where he purposefully misunderstands death of the author to prove it, but it's not going well, like at all

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

The Muppets On PCP posted:

also it's largely junk science

laughs in dermatology

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

Well poo poo didn't mean to be a downer. Finding out I'm not related to that rear end in a top hat is rad.

Oh that part is definitely rad. I just meant I'm sorry your not-dad is such a piece of poo poo.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Randler posted:

laughs in dermatology

23 and me
kids are vaccine free
homeopathy
dermatology
and phrenology
science if you please
master all of these
bring the corporate medical establishment to their knees
i master...junk science

*sick rear end guitar solo*

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1092589787259781125

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

"People who will be guillotined."

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

They warned us about the corporate identity politics and how insidious they would be, turns out it’s actually just a jackass coffee Republican lol.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://mobile.twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1092528221390815233

Japan, American intervention success story.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

freedom house is real bad

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
but they got freedom right there in the name how could they possibly be bad

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

wonder what makes North Korea only 3% better than syria

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
China 14 more like 140 amirite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn-uh1IXEBw

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Berke Negri posted:

wonder what makes North Korea only 3% better than syria

not currently hosting russian and/or iranian armed forces = 3 freedom points

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

watched a little bit of Russian Doll on Netflix tonight

it seems cool and Netflix has a lot of neat programming ty

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

cool forum post on my uni learning management system. this paper sounds good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Berke Negri posted:

watched a little bit of Russian Doll on Netflix tonight

it seems cool and Netflix has a lot of neat programming ty

Could check that out. I’ve finally gotten around to Punisher S2 now that I have the week off and it’s disappointingly not as good as S1 but I’ll see it out anyway.