Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Cojawfee posted:

How are you able to listen to podcasts on Spotify? Every time I've tried, it forgets where I was in the podcast.

I haven't had this issue, but I only use the web app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Unmature posted:

A friend in the animation industry and I started a podcast where we're going through every show ever broadcast on Adult Swim. Some guests we've recorded with/have coming up are Nick Wiger from Doughboys, Rick and Morty director Bryan Newton, and a very special Venture Bros guest we haven't revealed yet.

I'm posting it because our Patreon show is going through every episode of The Venture Bros and we put the first episode out on our free feed today: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-deep-end/id1445635911?mt=2&i=1000427764149

If you like it there are more waiting at Patreon.com/thedeepend!

Yea I just heard you talk about this on Talking Simpsons today. I may have to find time to add a new pod, because I really want to listen to that. But then Bob and Hank do the KOTH mini series I'll finally break and toss them 5 bux that I can't really afford but still, its king of the hill dangit.

I still use Podcast addict, because I don't want to have to figure out where I am on pods Im behind on in a new app.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I still use Podcast addict, because I don't want to have to figure out where I am on pods Im behind on in a new app.

This is what keeps me on the terrible iOS app. I try new ones all the time but always end up back there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Unmature posted:

This is what keeps me on the terrible iOS app. I try new ones all the time but always end up back there.

Yea I'm way behind on both Jay and MIles Xplain the X-men and Greatest Generation, and I don't want to lose my spot when I get time to go back.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

SeanBeansShako posted:

Unless they are a turbo nerd, no they have not heard of Hulu.

Hulu is literally US only, though they are supposed to expand this year.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

it goes all too well with the noted phenomenon of how victims of childhood abuse and neglect can end up constantly trying to relive and reconstruct said childhood, trying to get it right this time and fix everything that went wrong.
Hello, every relationship I've ever been in. I wasn't expecting somebody to mention you in a Venture Brothers thread.

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
Is there even going to be a Bluray release of S7, or is physical media old hat at this point? I don't care that much, since I bought the season on Amazon, but it still would be nice to have another set to put on my shelf alongside S1-6.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
As long as they're profitable, I guess they will continue. Fans love their commentaries, I hear.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

I'm also eagerly anticipating a S7 Bluray release, the commentaries on the previous seasons are indeed excellent and help scratch that itch for more Venture Bros in the long waits between seasons. The packaging and box art on them is also pretty good, like how season 3 had a whole retro videogame theme where all the menus and stuff had been done to look old school - it's also the first season that was created in HD and it's interesting what they say about all the backgrounds and stuff they had to re-create for the transition. Season 1 is a little sparse on the extra features but it's still a great buy just to have them in the best quality and just about all the episodes you'd want to have commentaries.

It really sucks that it's hard to get them across the pond, though - my condolences, EuroGoons. :(

Strabo4 fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 23, 2019

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It usually takes about 6 or 7 months after the season finishes airing for the blu-rays to come out. Season 6 ended airing in March and the blu-rays came out in October.

Hopefully we'll have an announcement for March or April soon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Apparently Scare Bear was inspired by this while Jackson was looking for bear costume pictures: http://www.artnet.com/artists/mark-wallinger/sleeper-pvnaFFBhsFpFFm4whZMhmA2

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Apparently Scare Bear was inspired by this while Jackson was looking for bear costume pictures: http://www.artnet.com/artists/mark-wallinger/sleeper-pvnaFFBhsFpFFm4whZMhmA2

I'd buy that for a dollar.

But... where's his... knife... super-power?

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Strabo4 posted:

It really sucks that it's hard to get them across the pond, though - my condolences, EuroGoons. :(
Having done it just recently, it's not actually hard to get them. I ordered them through amazon.com (the .com is important here) and it went very smoothly :
- international shipping is an option
- the final fee apparently included shipping, VAT and customs so that I knew going out exactly how much I would pay
- I could pay in my own currency

Now playing them however? That's another story. I have software on my PC to ignore the region blocking and my own player can play US blurays just fine after a small manipulation involving the Konami code, but I don't know how widespread those region-free players are.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
Tomorrow will be the 60th anniversary of the Day the Music Died....

... which was the day the Guild of Calamitous Intent was born!

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Dragoon breathlessly proclaiming that he was accidentally inventing Hip-hop! is one of my favourite line deliveries in the whole series

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I had ordered myself from my LCS the VB book but it took forever for them to get it in, of course it comes in the week after I pay rent so i have no money.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

I had ordered myself from my LCS the VB book but it took forever for them to get it in, of course it comes in the week after I pay rent so i have no money.

No rent money, you mean.

If you get kicked out and find yourself living on the streets, you can use this book as a weapon against aggressive hobos. It also works surprisingly well as body armor against armed thugs. And you won't be homeless, because the Venture Bros. book has been recognized by a certain Irish brewery (no, not that one) as the world's largest and sturdiest bivouac tent.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

twistedmentat posted:

Just throw a party in someone else's house, cover it in photos of them and steal all their poo poo while they're still going "what the gently caress". Ka-ching!

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

It took like three weeks for it to get to France. Why did you have to wait so long?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It took forever because Diamond apparently ran out of them.

But I grabbed it yesterday. I just skimmed the book, but I'm amazing at how fully formed VB was at the start, just needed refinement. Though glad they dropped the Brocks Secret Brother thing.

Doc saying he designed Kim as being too hot was pretty good too.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Finally watched the latest season, was way too busy to watch it live. That final Batman reveal was hysterical.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Finally watched the latest season, was way too busy to watch it live. That final Batman reveal was hysterical.

It was almost entirely a copy from the ending of the movie darkman if you’ve never seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4YcCF8uLiI&t=130s

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mr. Nice! posted:

It was almost entirely a copy from the ending of the movie darkman if you’ve never seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4YcCF8uLiI&t=130s

Bruce Campbell/Sam Raimi early cameo team up there.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The Welcome To The Basement guys just covered Darkman eerily enough.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

tarlibone posted:

Tomorrow will be the 60th anniversary of the Day the Music Died....

... which was the day the Guild of Calamitous Intent was born!

They still havent explained what happened to Ritchie Valens though! :ohdear:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

ExplodingSims posted:

They still havent explained what happened to Ritchie Valens though! :ohdear:

Maybe he was Monseñor?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

idgi, if it came in sooner would you not have enough for rent? Did you not know how much it would cost and put that amount aside?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

It took forever because Diamond apparently ran out of them.
I bought mine through a local comic shop and despite them ordering one for me the instant the SKU was available it look like 4 months to arrive.

Just staying on the Venture brand, really.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
The book is worth whatever wait it takes. And I recently got mine signed by James Urbaniak and he by chance wrote a quote from my favorite episode! “Nobody gets the shrink ray!”

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

qirex posted:

I bought mine through a local comic shop and despite them ordering one for me the instant the SKU was available it look like 4 months to arrive.

Just staying on the Venture brand, really.

Yea 2.5 months is pretty good all things considered.

It answered a question that I always had, was the woman in the original opening supposed to be Molotov or just generic lady, but yes, it was an early design for her.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Hey we interviewed James Urbaniak and he’s a really cool nice guy https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-deep-end/id1445635911?mt=2&i=1000430717140

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Unmature posted:

Hey we interviewed James Urbaniak and he’s a really cool nice guy https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-deep-end/id1445635911?mt=2&i=1000430717140

This is a pretty great interview. Good idea for a podcast too, subscribed.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

MadJackal posted:

This is a pretty great interview. Good idea for a podcast too, subscribed.

Thanks! We’re having a great time making it and we have some more awesome guests lined up

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Unmature posted:

This was fun, thanks! Nice work, don't stop producin'

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Unmature posted:

The book is worth whatever wait it takes. And I recently got mine signed by James Urbaniak and he by chance wrote a quote from my favorite episode! “Nobody gets the shrink ray!”

Man, now I want my copy to be signed by him with THAT'S MY DAISY!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sash! posted:

I’d go for “what was David Coverdale to do?”

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

qirex posted:

I’d go for “what was David Coverdale to do?”

Break up white lion?

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Sash! posted:

My co-host said if he picked his quite it would be that but he wrote “have a scientastic day” in his which is also amazing

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd opt for "I gotta get my life together".

Also if I got Doc or Jackson to sign it I'd ask for "you masturbate enough".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What was what White made Billy say when he answered the phone for conjectural technologies?