Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Gologle posted:

Why is FF14 getting a Nier raid? Nier isn't even a Final Fantasy game!

its nierly a final fantasy game though, and that's what matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gologle posted:

Because Yoko Taro is gonna be the director of FF16

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Make a Romancing SaGa raid where you can give Saruin all Fatestones for ultimate difficulty and I'll play your stupid MMO.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Barudak posted:

FF Games remade by Yoko Taro:

FF7: That scene where Cloud's mind breaks and he finds out he has been living a lie is actually the good ending

FF8: We all forgot our childhood because of Guardian Forces! The Guardians are the teachers, who Forced themselves onto you as a child and cause you to repress all childhood memories

FF9: Vivi is a dead child reanimated by mist and when you remove the mist he also dies, but not before the game says "Actually, You're the bad guy"

FFX: You don't find out that Sin's destroyer becomes the new Sin until the last battle. Yuna performs the Final Summoning, Dies, makes Tidus the new Sin, and then the party has to die to Tidus one by one.

Because Tidus is a dream he still disappears so it's sort of happy

FF11: Every time you get a party invite it matches you up with the guy who bullied you when you were 12 and asks if you'll still help him. If you say yes and he says no it deletes your character

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

FF7: That scene where Cloud's mind breaks and he finds out he has been living a lie is actually the good ending

FF8: We all forgot our childhood because of Guardian Forces! The Guardians are the teachers, who Forced themselves onto you as a child and cause you to repress all childhood memories

FF9: Vivi is a dead child reanimated by mist and when you remove the mist he also dies, but not before the game says "Actually, You're the bad guy"

FFX: You don't find out that Sin's destroyer becomes the new Sin until the last battle. Yuna performs the Final Summoning, Dies, makes Tidus the new Sin, and then the party has to die to Tidus one by one.

Because Tidus is a dream he still disappears so it's sort of happy

FF11: Every time you get a party invite it matches you up with the guy who bullied you when you were 12 and asks if you'll still help him. If you say yes and he says no it deletes your character

Tidus isn't a Dream, he's an Aeon.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Onmi posted:

Tidus isn't a Dream, he's an Aeon.

Thats what Aeons are in FFX. Theyre dreams of the fayth

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Barudak posted:

Thats what Aeons are in FFX. Theyre dreams of the fayth

Yes but they don't just disappear, that was the whole point of the game. They need Yu Yevon killed otherwise Dreams don't just "Go away"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Barudak posted:

Finally, we'll have a Good Final Fantasy game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Leal posted:

Finally, we'll have a Good Final Fantasy game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lfiTebewnc

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
AND they're doing an FFXV collab again??? Why can't FF14 stand on its own merits without stealing from their other games? Is it because it's...a bad game?!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Gologle posted:

AND they're doing an FFXV collab again??? Why can't FF14 stand on its own merits without stealing from their other games? Is it because it's...a bad game?!

All Final Fantasies are bad games friend

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Gologle posted:

why can't gologle stand on his own merits without stealing jokes from other posters?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I make an homage, you are inspired by, he steals.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
FF14 is the FF singularity. It is all FFs at once and thus it is a good game and a bad game.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Ending two: Time Kompression actually made Squall have to hide his adult identity but he, and the rest of the party, were the teachers all along.

Ending three: Time Kompression is just the shuffling of a deck of Triple Triad cards and the game was a dramatic retelling of a card game in the Balamb Garden cafeteria.

Ending four: Laguna and his son, Irvine, invent Triple Triad as a means to pretend that Irvine isn't trapped in a wheelchair after a dramatic fight with one of the abusive teachers at his military academy

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

zedprime posted:

FF14 is the FF singularity. It is all FFs at once and thus it is a good game and a bad game.

So is Record Keeper and it's better because it's not an MMO.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Crossovers are good.

If you don't think this is the raddest poo poo then I don't know what to tell your broken brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT8lDuQtrgE

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They can still do rad poo poo with original content though. Like that boss could be a completely original thing and it would be just as cool. Even cooler imho.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Marche somehow manages to be an even bigger rear end in a top hat.

Elephant Ambush posted:

No it just preys on people's impulses. Much better...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Elephant Ambush posted:

The only not awful trash Gatcha game is Yugioh Duel Links. Sorry Mr. Whale.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

gently caress nostalgia. *goes on to make another three hundred posts on the same 20-30 year old games over and over*

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Speaking of endings, I like how in FFT the guy who exposes the conspiracy behind War of the Lions gets burned at the stake

Bummer

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Guy should’ve Galaxy Stopped those motherfuckers and peaced out.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ffx: tidus finds out he is the only one and, in fact, the only THING that isn't a dream and he drifts alone through the void for all eternity

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Marche somehow manages to be an even bigger rear end in a top hat.

No it just preys on people's impulses. Much better...

FFTA: Marche actually IS the villain instead of only in people's dumb fan theories

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Elephant Ambush posted:

lol

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Marche did nothing wrong

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

WaltherFeng posted:

Speaking of endings, I like how in FFT the guy who exposes the conspiracy behind War of the Lions gets burned at the stake

Bummer

That's what he gets for being an unreliable narrator. :colbert:

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Thinking about playing Episode Ignis, but his character arc in the main game is so depressing I’m not sure how I feel about revisiting all that.

God the ‘band getting back together again’ scene in the last act of FFXV is such a bleak note. “You guys keep in touch while I was gone?” “Not really”. They try and redeem their friendship at the very end, but it is a small consolation.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Actually Episode Ignis is the happy ending they probably would've went with if they hadn't run out of time and money, and what they were trying to recreate with the rest of the DLC before it got poo poo canned

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The ending of ff15 is one of the few really good things in it, though.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it also definitely wasn't made that way because of time or budget constraints, because tabata never met a protagonist he didn't want to kill

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

The White Dragon posted:

ffx: tidus finds out he is the only one and, in fact, the only THING that isn't a dream and he drifts alone through the void for all eternity

Link did it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gologle posted:

Nier: Automata has the Engine Blade in it, so it takes place in the same multiverse as FFXV

...and the Cypress Stick, so Dragon Quest 1-3

...and FFXV had an XIV crossover already and another one coming so technically Nier is already in the XIV universe

...and XIV had an XI crossover as well so Shantotto is canon in Dragon Quest 3

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Nier: Automata has the Engine Blade in it, so it takes place in the same multiverse as FFXV

...and the Cypress Stick, so Dragon Quest 1-3

...and FFXV had an XIV crossover already and another one coming so technically Nier is already in the XIV universe

...and XIV had an XI crossover as well so Shantotto is canon in Dragon Quest 3

Thank you, Tommy Westphall.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
What if instead of moving to our France Lightning actually moved to Nier France so Nier is actually part of Fabula Nova Crystalis.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

If I want to big FFXV, should I get it for PS4 or PC? I prefer PC but it doesn’t look like the dlc is on that platform?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

chaosapiant posted:

If I want to big FFXV, should I get it for PS4 or PC? I prefer PC but it doesn’t look like the dlc is on that platform?

PC version comes with ALL the dlc, even the nickel-and-dime poo poo like Mage Masher and Gae Bolg, bundled in

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

The White Dragon posted:

PC version comes with ALL the dlc, even the nickel-and-dime poo poo like Mage Masher and Gae Bolg, bundled in

Oh ok. I didn’t see a “royal edition” or any DLC listed on Steam. That’s it then, Windows it is! Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You get the PC version to get Thomas the Tank Engine, mecha Donald Duck, and 2B as party members