Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

King Hong Kong posted:

The Lions: traditional incompetence
The Patriots, an intellectual: an immense amount of focused preparation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I can't believe the Patriots stupid underdog "nobody believes in us" bullshit worked and is now going to get echoed the entire offseason by dumb-as-a-rock Pats fans

This is truly the darkest timeline

Also Gilmore should have received MVP for likely saving us from OT in that terrible terrible game.

Freaquency fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Feb 4, 2019

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Alaois posted:

everyone wants warcrimes back to answer for his bullshit about the Mack trade, but right now I want him back to answer for his bullshit about everybody being idiots for not treading Gared Joff like a future hall of fame QB

Mack has an arthritic knee next caller

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Huh funny how the Pats gave up the most points in Super Bowl history last year and then practically shut out the other team this year, I wonder what changed, and what happened to the guy responsible for that.

Except Detroit kicked the crap out of the Pats this year?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

Everyone is asking; does Corey Coleman get a ring?

Never made it off their practice squad, so it's up to them if he gets one. If he did he'd be the 5th former Cleveland Brown to get a ring from this win

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that wasn't really the rams defense being good, brady sucked. a bunch of those 3rd down incompletions he had edelman or gronk wide open. plus not running sony more was dumb as hell.

it is funny that brady plays probably the best super bowl a qb ever has and loses then plays like absolute dogshit and wins. football.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
That game was so so lovely and boring good lord

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Silly Burrito posted:

You win a championship, you get a championship sized boombox.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1092274894967050240

Can we put a bet on which players in this video will not go to the White House?

Edit: Apparently you can get your own here. https://bumpboxx.com/collections/all

waah fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 4, 2019

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

that wasn't really the rams defense being good, brady sucked. a bunch of those 3rd down incompletions he had edelman or gronk wide open. plus not running sony more was dumb as hell.

it is funny that brady plays probably the best super bowl a qb ever has and loses then plays like absolute dogshit and wins. football.

Basically just a repeat of the Broncos/Panthers game. Hopefully Brady retires too

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am so happy for the long suffering Boston fans everywhere, and when I say everywhere I mean it half of them can't name the state the team is from.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

C-Euro posted:

Huh funny how the Pats gave up the most points in Super Bowl history last year and then practically shut out the other team this year, I wonder what changed, and what happened to the guy responsible for that.

Except Detroit kicked the crap out of the Pats this year?

That was a miracle.

For many years, the Lions' scouting department was Matt Millen watching college football on Saturdays. The Patriots are actively scouting every player in college and the NFL, right now.

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.
https://twitter.com/Erolli__/status/1092226778070839296?s=20

https://twitter.com/Erolli__/status/1092227634342223872?s=20

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Can Chris Long share his Water Peyton award with him?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Freaquency posted:

I can't believe the Patriots stupid underdog "nobody believes in us" bullshit worked and is now going to get echoed the entire offseason by dumb-as-a-rock Pats fans

This is truly the darkest timeline

Also Gilmore should have received MVP for likely saving us from OT in that terrible terrible game.

They have probably been using that poo poo to justify cheating for 20 years. Nothing new to see here.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I love Monday mornings. Got the Boston Globe to frame even though I'm pretty much out of wall space.

Gilmore deserved MVP and also we denied Suh a ring, gently caress him.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lynch splurged on a few items that I know of .. a Lamborghini, a waterfront property in the Bay Area, some jewelry. I don't think his signing bonus would have covered all that.

Not only that, where is the money that he's investing in these businesses coming from? Nevermind that investing in failing businesses is a... risky proposition

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s a shame the actual best team in the NFC wasn’t in the game so, sadly, we just can’t draw any conclusions from this one.

Yeah, it's a bummer the Cowboys didn't make it there.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Lynch splurged on a few items that I know of .. a Lamborghini, a waterfront property in the Bay Area, some jewelry. I don't think his signing bonus would have covered all that.

Not only that, where is the money that he's investing in these businesses coming from? Nevermind that investing in failing businesses is a... risky proposition

Maybe he put that signing bonus down on a 100/1 horse and it won?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he got a 3 million signing bonus and makes about 5 mil per year off endorsements. i think gronk also lives off endorsements and hasn't touched his football money.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Groovelord Neato posted:

A fair part of Brady sucking was throwing to Hogan over and over, who never got separation and couldn't fight for the ball or catch poo poo. He was the anti-Edelman in that game but hogged a ton of targets anyway.

Also have no idea why they stopped running at all for that stretch in the middle. At least they crushed it late. :killdozer:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Everyone and their mother was going "You have to get to Brady!"

Bitch please, he has the same problem Rodgers has: he'll hold the ball for forever and if you take away his targets you can get pressure on him with two pass rushers.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Im so loving glad the Eagles took their opportunity last year, unless you are the Pats, getting back to the SB is loving hard. So super glad we didnt poo poo the bed like every other (non Giants) NFC team that played against Billy 5 Aces and Tom Open Mouth Kisser of Sons Brady

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Remember all those Patriots posters saying how cool Patriots super bowls are all exciting and good?

loving LOL

It would be extremely exciting and good to watch my team win a 3-0 super bowl. So yeah they have a point.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

iospace posted:

Bitch please, he has the same problem Rodgers has: he'll hold the ball for forever and if you take away his targets you can get pressure on him with two pass rushers.

How about their generational DL who wins the DPOY every year wreck the game? That would've been nice...

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/austinkarp/status/1092432971464876033?s=21

good

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the patriots o-line played exceptionally well in the playoffs i figured donald and suh would be non-factors barring some total collapse.

but i also thought this was going to be a repeat of the last super bowl where both teams seemingly passed at will.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/SportsTalkBarry/status/1092419260268335104

This is the most patriot thing to ever patriot.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

iospace posted:

Hmm so what did you get up to last night instead of watching the game

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Phobeste posted:

watched ski jumping.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

kiimo posted:

Mahomes put up 630 yards and 7 touchdowns against those intellectuals this season.

The Patriots use a fake basic lovely gameplan in the regular season so when the playoffs roll around they can blindside their opponent. Mahomes would have thrown 3 picks and for 150 yards after Belichick warlocked his defense into filling every possible sidearm passing lane

lol mcmagic you are not seriously quoting that account and taking it at face value

Try saying his name out loud

Here's another tweet he made after the Superbowl

https://twitter.com/SportsTalkBarry/status/1092268141248430080

Intruder fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Feb 4, 2019

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

LA was below the national average lol

Also: https://twitter.com/JeffDuncan_/status/1092438225698897920

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phobeste posted:

I watched Death Wish 3, Death Wish 4, and the original Carrie :unsmith: I had a good night

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sean10mm posted:

I honestly can't get over how fraudulent McVay was. The Pats lined up differently and he was just totally owned for the entire game because Goff can't read quarters coverage or audible

:wtc:

I mean yeah, but I'm not sure you can actually blame McVay for that.

Would be interesting to see what that offense could do with someone who can actually diagnose defenses under center. Like... say... a certain number 12.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sean10mm posted:

A fair part of Brady sucking was throwing to Hogan over and over, who never got separation and couldn't fight for the ball or catch poo poo. He was the anti-Edelman in that game but hogged a ton of targets anyway.

This had better be Chris Hogan's last game as a Patriot.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Intruder posted:

The Patriots use a fake basic lovely gameplan in the regular season so when the playoffs roll around they can blindside their opponent. Mahomes would have thrown 3 picks and for 150 yards after Belichick warlocked his defense into filling every possible sidearm passing lane

lol mcmagic you are not seriously quoting that account and taking it at face value

Try saying his name out loud

Here's another tweet he made after the Superbowl

https://twitter.com/SportsTalkBarry/status/1092268141248430080

Pretty sure the guys picture is from some for-profit drug rehab program TV ad too.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it's pretty obvious jared goff can't create anything on his own. mcvay really is a genius

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Seeing Aaron Donald vanish against the Patriots sure makes me feel better about all the times Watt has vanished against the Patriots :colbert:

Infidel Castro posted:

Pretty sure the guys picture is from some for-profit drug rehab program TV ad too.

I used to follow him but he tweets and deletes like 30 jokes an hour in addition to the other 30 he doesn't delete. Workshop your material on your own drat time!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the postseason peyton won his first ring he had 3 TDs and 7 picks and 6.8 YPA. his second ring he was probably the worst starting qb in the league.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Like 5 games... that's such a small sample of Brady's postseason experience that you can literally say "sample size problems!"

Dude has played in 40 postseason games now lol. Over two extra seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

You show 'em Louisiana!!