Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Turtlicious posted:

i think when you get a bunch of gamers together it's actually called a "klan"???

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I wouldn’t say Mass Effect 3 rewards poor choices, but the game is a lot more interesting when you take the fuckup decisions that get people killed. Tali committing suicide at the end of Rannoch is the craziest scene in the entire trilogy, but most people never see it because they make peace with the Geth. Boring!

ME3 also ruins the Geth by turning them into a lovely pinocchio story

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

17 pages and thread still not stickied..

*plays a Kirby card face up*
https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_pmdhvfPaJP1t1ig6n.mp4

I SUMMON VIDEOGAMES IN ATTACK POSITION!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Videogames is dead, hes already fallen 2 weeks behind on his 52 week project

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Two weeks already? Good thing time does not actually exist.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Stay safe Videogames

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Titanfall 2 really wasn’t that good. The single player was alright and very short, while the multiplayer was painfully unbalanced and not fun.

The sp was awesome and the mp was too

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It always blew my mind when people used sniper rifles in Titanfall 2. It's like, a game where you have jetpacks and free running and giant robots and some people still decide it's more fun to lay prone on a rooftop clicking on things :psyboom:

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
People's brains have been poisoned by sniping being included in too many games that would be better off without, and healing can't begin until they stop giving people the option

They won't though

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Barudak posted:

Bravely Default does not pull anything that bad in its second half but it is a game where at a certain point the game assumes youve mastered whats available to you and broken it as hard as you can because it is too.

That's one of the reasons I love Bravely Default so much. When I went into it I knew I was going to care a lot about the job system and try to make my characters really powerful, and I worried that I'd just trivialize the game because it'd be balanced for "I dunno, just use what you want"-style play.

Nope. Not one bit.

I did play on Hard, but a lot of the things that tripped me up would've been tough on Normal, too. That game really wants to to actually pay attention to what each job can do and how you can play them off each other. Even doing hacky things like poisoning your own characters to gain extra BP every round feels intended and that owns.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Regy Rusty posted:

Knack was too powerful of a game for him, I would abandon the schedule to focus on that one too

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think videogames is in the GMT time zone so that would make up for the discrepancy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Regy Rusty posted:

NO MODS NO MASTERS

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

i think videogames is in the GMT time zone so that would make up for the discrepancy

It's the 5th :v:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

right but he's on gmt time

May 8, 2006

If this thread isn't stickied by the end of today, I declare myself the new mod. I won't do anything or enforce any rules except a new one that all posts must include a unit quote from your favorite RTS. And I will be unreasonable about it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

If this thread isn't stickied by the end of today, I declare myself the new mod. I won't do anything or enforce any rules except a new one that all posts must include a unit quote from your favorite RTS. And I will be unreasonable about it.

There's so many good ones though

Zug Zug

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

*busts out Age of Empire quotes* it's my time to shine!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

you wanna piece of meat, boy? - bill starcraft

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

who's excited for the big twitch stream today

apex whatever? no, the shaw bros movie marathon

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJZp9CdPEFA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssVqnEGpsgI

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
stimpack yeah

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'm going to do quotes from my third favourite JRPG series and you can't stop me :smug:

May 8, 2006

Hey I'll take all the Shadow Hearts quotes you have

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i posted this in the sekiro thread proper but it's pretty quiet over there since the game isn't out yet, i actually went through and watched all the video content game informer threw up over the past month about the game and it's looking much more ninja gaiden-y than i expected but was definitely hoping for, so even more hyped now.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
VideoGames is moving, it'll be a while until he's available again.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Another battle royale is being birthed today

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

another one specifically, or just like out there, somewhere, a new one is being born

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sunrise, sunset, sunrise, sunset, royale go the battles

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

XBC2 is loving awesome!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cowcaster posted:

another one specifically, or just like out there, somewhere, a new one is being born

The f2p titanfall BR that has no titans or parkour supposedly launches today

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

By the way, Dead or Alive 6 has been delayed until March 1st, so it's no longer a February game.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
people really like bioware's games because of the writing, right? I've never heard people talk about the gameplay

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

people really like bioware's games because of the writing, right? I've never heard people talk about the gameplay

Yes

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Looper posted:

Their best games had just the right balance of characters, story, and gameplay, none of these features overtaking the others but just in the right amounts to be compelling.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Looper posted:

Depends on the game. I think the Mass Effect series is good on both fronts, with 2 really hitting the sweet spot.

Dragon Age: Origins also has my fave crpg gameplay ever, some of that is down to nostalgia though.

It was really Dragon Age 2 where they got off the rails imo. There seemed to be a pervading idea over there that all people care about is flashy moves and set-pieces (the "awesome button" controversy was an example of that).

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

mostly. the gameplay has never been anything but above average at best. the writing was never particularly spectacular either but the fans went nuts over getting to mash their barbies together on dates for a while there.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mass Effect 3 had really good gameplay that shined in multiplayer.

Anthem looks like it's trying to have that gameplay but hoo boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I still think ME1 was way better than 2