Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Did people already forget the Rams fell apart after the Bears humiliated them?

They were absolutely not the second best offense anymore when they walked into Mercedes-Benz.

Everyone credited the Bears defense after that game.

Why not credit the Patriots defense now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yeah, seems like the Rams dont have enough fans to care, which isn't quite the same thing?

I'm pretty sure people still write about sports even if the fans aren't posting on twitter.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

Because the Bears game felt like the Bears dominated every part of that game where last night felt like the Rams were just scared shitless.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think overtime should be changed to first score wins because it's so hard to score.

Nov 6, 2002

weird Asian candy posted:

Because the Bears game felt like the Bears dominated every part of that game where last night felt like the Rams were just scared shitless.

Moving goalposts.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

a neat cape posted:

You're right, it was a great defensive performance, but the Rams were also a very different team

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ok so we just disagree on why they were scared. You say it's because of the big stage and I say it's because the Patriots defense played well

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

lol not at all. I watched both games and they felt very very different. Bears game felt like the Rams had no chance due to what the Bears were doing. This game felt like the Rams had no chance because they had no idea what they themselves were doing.

a neat cape posted:

Ok so we just disagree on why they were scared. You say it's because of the big stage and I say it's because the Patriots defense played well

Sure. I'm not saying they didn't play well. I'm just saying I more got out of that game that the Rams offense isn't what many made it out to be.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'm pretty sure people still write about sports even if the fans aren't posting on twitter.

like all of the people who write about sports are from new england. its uncanny

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
As a :patssay: monster I agree the Rams were fraudulent. McVay choked hardcore and Goff can't read defenses or audible.

Run on 3rd and long while trying to keep up with the Pats, punt on every 4th down, 0 trick plays, Romo begging them to change up ANYTHING on offense, lmao only Wade Phillips was legit.

Nov 6, 2002

lol not at all. I watched both games and they felt very very different. Bears game felt like the Rams had no chance due to what the Bears were doing. This game felt like the Rams had no chance because they had no idea what they themselves were doing.

If there's an offense yesterday that stopped themselves, it was clearly New England. Every time they went across midfield they'd kill a drive with some kind of unforced error, off target throws, or very strange situational play calls, like throwing on 4th and 1.

The Rams offense, particularly Goff, just looked completely overwhelmed by what they were seeing and the pressure New England was bringing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Where is 6RingShrimp?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

list of ravens qbs who would have won:
lamar
joe
kordell stewart
trent dilfer
anthony wright
chris redman
randall cunningham
marc bulger
tony banks
ryan mallet

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

If there's an offense yesterday that stopped themselves, it was clearly New England. Every time they go across midfield they'd kill a drive with some kind of unforced error, or very strange situational play calls, like throwing on 4th and 1.

The Rams offense, particularly Goff, just looked completely overwhelmed by what they were seeing and the pressure New England was bringing.

Are we really back to the Pats fans and the :cry: everyone thinks we suck, we are the victims in everything :cry: narrative? The Pats offense, and Brady were garbage. I've already said this. This doesn't automatically disqualify the Rams offense from the same offense.

Gimme a break.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If there's an offense yesterday that stopped themselves, it was clearly New England. Every time they went across midfield they'd kill a drive with some kind of unforced error, off target throws, or very strange situational play calls, like throwing on 4th and 1.

Brady looked out of sorts last night, especially in the first half. Even his short passes were off the mark

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the rams offense was nowhere near as dynamic after kupp went down. add in whatever the gently caress they were doing with todd gurley and jared goff being incapable of playing without a script

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The Pats covered every wr well and got pressure on Goff I dont know what you guys think good defense is but that is good defense.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Todd Gurly gets 10 carries

"hmmm yes it's the Patriots offense who stopped themselves" - a football intellectual

Nov 6, 2002

Are we really back to the Pats fans and the :cry: everyone thinks we suck, we are the victims in everything :cry: narrative? The Pats offense, and Brady were garbage. I've already said this. This doesn't automatically disqualify the Rams offense from the same offense.

Gimme a break.

What in god's name are you talking about?

My point is dude the Pats offense was moving the ball a bit, but fizzling out, despite keeping Brady relatively clean. Meanwhile Goff was being forced off his mark all night long by the NE D.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it's not hard to force goff off his mark. mostly because he isn't good.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Brady took some hits early and that's all it takes to get Brady off his game

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

The Pats covered every wr well and got pressure on Goff I dont know what you guys think good defense is but that is good defense.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ghost Dog posted:

like all of the people who write about sports are from new england. its uncanny

All of those 2005 sportswriters driving the bad officiating narrative in SB40, not Seattle fans

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Yes, Brady played like dogshit

Nov 6, 2002

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

All of those 2005 sportswriters driving the bad officiating narrative in SB40, not Seattle fans

Not a narrative when even the refs are apologizing.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81992cfa/article/super-bowl-xl-referee-regrets-that-mistakes-impacted-the-game

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Patriots went from playing 60% man coverage to almost entirely zone. Goff and McVay couldn't cope with the change and Gurly wasn't used for whatever reason.

Say defensive struggle all you want this wasn't anywhere near the same Rams team as the first half of the season.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Offensive Genius Sean McVay's idea to fix the Rams after Kupp went down was 2 TE sets which was doesn't work when your TEs are JAGs. Rams offense has been sneaky bad ever since they lost their slot white guy

I'm Jared Goff and I throw footballs into CJ Anderson's rear end

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

What in god's name are you talking about?

My point is dude the Pats offense was moving the ball a bit, but fizzling out, despite keeping Brady relatively clean. Meanwhile Goff was being forced off his mark all night long by the NE D.

You responded to my criticism of the Rams offense with "If there's an offense yesterday that stopped themselves, it was clearly New England." Like somehow the Patriots were worse. They weren't.

Go back and look at the Saints game. They did the same stuff to Goff, but he was able to make some throws to salvage it. Play calling wasn't helping his QB, and Goff looked completely lost. New England's offense fizzling out and the Rams offense making GBS threads the bed are two separate things I'm not sure why you are trying to lump them in together.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Can’t we all just be friends and agree that Goff is a bum and Mcvay is a fraud?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

/cosigned

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

down

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

a neat cape posted:

They were in the loving superbowl

That doesn’t mean their offense was anything like it was during the first half of the season.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 4, 2019

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Moreso the former than the latter

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Agreed, bless

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Todd Gurly gets 10 carries

"hmmm yes it's the Patriots offense who stopped themselves" - a football intellectual

brady was forcing throws to covered guys when he had his two best guys wide open on a bunch of third downs. and not running sony a bunch was dumb as hell. that game's probably over a lot earlier minus that poo poo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

King Hong Kong posted:

Ross, did you follow the Rams at all at the end of the season? Their offense completely fell apart and McVay wasn’t able to adjust after defenses figured his offense out.

They were in the loving superbowl

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
At the start of next season we will be watching the most boring and emotionless episode of America’s Game yet, where three to four members of the patriots will do their best to convince us they were scrappy underdogs.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah. Also admit your team was barely above fraud status all year long, and lucked into this title too instead of retroactively pretending they were a great team too, and we can be friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Bosushi! posted:

At the start of next season we will be watching the most boring and emotionless episode of America’s Game yet, where three to four members of the patriots will do their best to convince us they were scrappy underdogs.

Eh, hopefully it'll be the Gronk farewell tour.