Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

a neat cape posted:

Sterling Sharpe was not better than Shannon

Yes he was. And Shannon was excellent. Even Shannon Sharpe called himself the second best Sharpe. He always had such immense respect for his brothers talent and even gave him his 1998 Broncos SB ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

a neat cape posted:

It's Eric Weddle

the goat at being just barely in frame as his man catches a game clinching first down

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
We are 1 day into the offseason :v:

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
pro bowl safety clayton fejedelem

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Finally woke up and caught up on this thread.

Feels good man.

Pats weren't the most talented team this year, but got red hot in the playoffs and not even a genius Wade Philips defensive gameplan could stop them.

https://twitter.com/TACanevari/status/1092413260274511873

More embarrassing, scoring only 3 points in the Super Bowl, or 28-3?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Sterling Sharpe was not better than Shannon

Sterling was in my mind setting up to compete with Rice for best wide receiver ever before he was injured and he was far better than Shannon who is one of the best tight ends of all time. That said, Rice's ability to stay on the field goes a long way for him being the best ever.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Embarrassing? 3 points.

Devastating? 28-3.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'd say this because 28-3 requires so many things to go wrong that blame can't be placed on any one or two people. Literally everyone on the Falcons except for Julio Jones hosed up in a huge way at some point during that comeback.

Whereas McVay wasn't prepared and Goff just had his lunch money stolen.

If any of like 14 different plays doesn't happen pretty much exactly that way, then the Falcons win that game. There was just absurd outcomes in that game.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

That isn't true, their defenses were highly ranked in both 2005 and 2007, years he was around and playing at an all-pro level. The year he was hurt 2006 they dropped off drastically, and magically improved again when he came back for the playoffs.

He was a great player whose career was cut short.

lol alright if we have pivoted so far from the original discussion that we are now retconning the peyton manning colts defenses into being super good i think im done

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Nick Foles is better than the Rams

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Nick Foles is better than the Rams

I don't think Foles is much better then Goff, but Doug Peterson is a much braver coach then McVay

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

I don't think Foles is much better then Goff, but Doug Peterson is a much braver coach then McVay

Pederson.

The d stands for "daring"

wrt McVay, the V stands for "vagina"

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I won $250 in squares

$275 :hfive:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

28-3 means you won three quarters (by a lot), and just forgot to play the fourth

scoring three points in the super bowl means you forgot to show up to the drat game

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Pederson wouldn't run it late in the Super Bowl on 3rd and 22 that's for sure

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

evilweasel posted:

28-3 means you won three quarters (by a lot), and just forgot to play the fourth

scoring three points in the super bowl means you forgot to show up to the drat game
28-3 means you should have won the drat game

3 means you never had a chance

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The last time a team only scored 3 points in the Super Bowl, they went undefeated the following season. Rams confirmed for 19-0

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
The good news is every bad team copied the Rams hiring mini-McVeys, thus ensuring the Patriots will make the Super Bowl for the next 10 years anyway

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Dre2Dee2 posted:

The good news is every bad team copied the Rams hiring mini-McVeys, thus ensuring the Patriots will make the Super Bowl for the next 10 years anyway

Maybe Anthony Lynn will make some adjustments next year

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Thankfully the earth mercifully is going to kill us near the end of the decade of darkness.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

lol alright if we have pivoted so far from the original discussion that we are now retconning the peyton manning colts defenses into being super good i think im done

The Colts under Dungy from like 2005-2009 were not bad defenses, they were actually really good. You're just thinking in some sort of "Great offense so must be bad defense" cliche.

They were literally the #1 defense in points against in 2007.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

a neat cape posted:

Yeah but 5 days til AAF season

If I weren't in the process of moving to an adjacent city, I would totally go to a Hotshots game.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I feel kinda bad for Brian Flores, who, now as the head coach of the Dolphins, is going to be unfairly maligned for his eventual failure(s) there, due to the fact that he will never, ever, have the personnel he had in New England.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

even tho the acronym is wrong im still reading aaf as anne frank fanfic

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I know this will be a little controversial but I just have to get it off my chest:

I'm starting to get a little sick and tired of the New England Patriots winning everything all the time.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Something more controversial was the Beer ASMR commercial which was extremely funny to see in public

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I think the Colts defense in 2007 benefitted from playing very bad offenses except for the 2007 New England Patriots and the 2007 San Diego Chargers, who defeated them. The best offense they played against and defeated was likely the 2007 Jacksonville Jaguars.

i refuse to repeat the name of the poster who I think of when i read "aaf" but it would stand for aac but football instead of cum.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/BryceAnslinger/status/1092503720712200192

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

that was certainly a Super Bore

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Greg Cook was the greatest QB of all time if you extrapolate hishguahguaihgugaiug

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

I think the Colts defense in 2007 benefitted from playing very bad offenses except for the 2007 New England Patriots and the 2007 San Diego Chargers, who defeated them. The best offense they played against and defeated was likely the 2007 Jacksonville Jaguars.

Even if they did, that doesn't suddenly make them bad. The 2000 Ravens had the same issue where bad teams are what put them into record-setting territory and they got lit up by teams like the Jaguars and Jets who could pass. But that doesn't make them not a great defense. Also I don't think the Colts were even bad defensively against the Chargers, it was mostly the Chargers' defense wrecking Manning and getting lots of turnovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvVn3PLS2QU This is that Jaguars game and one of my favorites from Ravens history. But this is the same defense that set the points record. But they look so vulnerable at times here.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Looke posted:

that was certainly a Super Bore

:yeah:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we have been over this but please don't put words in my mouth such as that defense being bad. What I am trying to say is that i am completely neutral between Ghost DOg and my roommate Kawalimus.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Knowing the Bengals someone will get a season ending injury from a bro-hug

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if you were actually neutral you would just agree that i am right

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

we have been over this but please don't put words in my mouth such as that defense being bad. What I am trying to say is that i am completely neutral between Ghost DOg and my roommate Kawalimus.

I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth I'm sorry my brother/roommate. Please forgive me :). It's not you it's more the contention that those Colts defenses were real bad in the manning era when that era they were actually pretty strong and highly ranked, even if they had help from bad opponents. Cause lots of great defenses had that kind of help just like my Ravens did.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

if you were actually neutral you would just agree that i am right

Most of the time. BUT NOT THIS TIME!!!

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Interesting question do you think that other teams will be able to use the schemes and ideas that Belichick came up with here to beat the Rams next season?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Jared Goff is being traded to the Tel Aviv Bengals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

LionYeti posted:

Interesting question do you think that other teams will be able to use the schemes and ideas that Belichick came up with here to beat the Rams next season?

I don't think the Pats really invented anything last night. They just played good defense and laughed as the Rams folded like a deck of cards.