Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Honestly, this is the high point of the sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

hmm nioh's on sale for $25 which is more than i'd want to pay but i desperately need something to tide me over until sekiro

I've been playing it recently for the first time and I definitely think it's extremely worth it. It's a ton of fun and there's a ton of depth to the combat.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

A soulslike without a Randomize Face option is like a hot dog without a sausage

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
70k people watching livestream to watch a BR game reveal, what a time to be alive

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don't watch streams so i don't have any sense of scale, is that a lot or a little?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RIP Respawn.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

are they ever going to mention the word "titanfall"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i don't watch streams so i don't have any sense of scale, is that a lot or a little?

if that many people watched me play survival kids I'd probably have an anxiety attack

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

are they ever going to mention the word "titanfall"

I think it's Expanded Universe. And it has no Titans or wall-running etc. It just has the weapons from Titanfall. Even the art design looks absolutely nothing like titanfall its just Overwatch

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

this is like, the late night infomercial equivalent of a game reveal. battle pass only $9.99 + shipping and handling, operators are standing by

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat it does have Meta choices based on their Heroes though.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

In Training posted:

I think it's Expanded Universe. And it has no Titans or wall-running etc. It just has the weapons from Titanfall. Even the art design looks absolutely nothing like titanfall its just Overwatch

battle royale but there's also titans and you can parkour would be way better than this. why is it so lame

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

drat it does have Meta choices based on their Heroes though.
is it hobby grade though...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that limp bizkit lookin guy said titanfall!!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

In Training posted:

no wall running in a loving titanfall game. jesus christ.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

corn in the bible posted:

battle royale but there's also titans and you can parkour would be way better than this. why is it so lame

Its insane like the idea is right there just do that lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they got the beat saber song lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's insanely whack but you bet your rear end I'm downloading it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Game looks fun

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
There's going to be a sad opening to a slowed down popular song with the gruff soldier saying "That they when they attacked, when the earth shook...it was like a titan's fall"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why is it called Apex Legends

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Help Im Alive posted:

That was the first name they tried that wasn't already copyrighted

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

haveblue posted:

That was the first name they tried that wasn't already copyrighted

This... is more true than most people think these days.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Cowcaster posted:

A projected 100,000,000 people watched the Super Bowl so this is the equivalent of 0.07% of a Super Bowl.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

because if they called it titanfall royale they might as well release it straight to the recycle bin

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

homeless snail posted:

because if they called it titanfall royale they might as well release it straight to the recycle bin

Similarly, taking Titanfall and removing all the good fun parts they also may as well release it straight to the trash

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Looking around the Twitch homepage, a random Fortnite stream has 30k viewers, so that's not very reassuring

Also, Twitch now thinks that Donkey Kong 64 is my favorite game and keeps recommending people streaming it, so thanks, hbomberguy.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lemming posted:

Similarly, taking Titanfall and removing all the good fun parts they also may as well release it straight to the trash
for people with good taste sure, thats not who this is for

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

More like Nadir Legends am I right?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I've been sitting here trying to come up with a worse name than Apex Legends but I can't do it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Apex Legends sounds like some forgotten og xbox game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Relax Or DIE posted:

I've been sitting here trying to come up with a worse name than Apex Legends but I can't do it.

Apex Legends: Revolution

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Rise of the Tomb Raider

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I think the idea is that squads are 3 people so it's like a triangle

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rat’s Anus

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
You can link your steam accounts to get friend list from steam in Apex Legends, an Origin exclusive game.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
EA is really going to the bat on how many concepts they can ruin, aren't they

Having a cool ironman suit and shooting aliens: Nope

Being a supersoldier jumping and wallrunning around then summoning a mech to fight with you: Gone

A space opera where you discover new civilizations and make the first contact with them: lmao

Star Wars: They didn't even have to try

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Relax Or DIE posted:

Uh Capstone Annals?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

homeless snail posted:

for people with good taste sure, thats not who this is for

Yeah but none of those people are going to stop playing Fortnite, like why bother. This cycle of trying to make the next successful BR is like everyone trying to make MMO's after WoW, they all crashed and burned and nobody cared about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Metal Gear Survive