Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Well that's what happens when you're so bad with a sword

Oh, he's great with a sword. He's just not a swordsman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
All I can see is this:

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
being hosed up isnt a sign of being a poor swordsman unless we count maya one as well

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Each of those scars represent an encounter he may have learned from, and none of them represents a wound that killed him.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Each of those scars represent an encounter he may have learned from, and none of them represents a wound that killed him.

You mean an encounter he failed to learn from, because he is neither a farmer nor a noodle vendor.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

make mockery posted:

being hosed up isnt a sign of being a poor swordsman unless we count maya one as well
I think it's based on Meti and her quote, "the undefeated swordsman must be exceptionally poor," so I expect this observation to be Maya's.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

DancingShade posted:

That's also not his true form - we've seen his ruined body in previous chapters.

Pretty boy in the dream realm, scarred up wreck in person.

It’s a metaphor for the internet.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

You mean an encounter he failed to learn from, because he is neither a farmer nor a noodle vendor.

Just because he didn't learn the most valuable lesson about swords doesn't mean he learned nothing about them.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
i very much like the emerging theme of "toxic relationships" for this book

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Dead Reckoning posted:

Cio's flying cloud of tiny paper dildos

Papercuts. :gonk:

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013
Allison, have you ever considered not making terrible decisions?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Boron_the_Moron posted:

Allison, have you ever considered not making terrible decisions?

Eh, that never got her anywhere.

Royalty is a continuous stupid mistake.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

If you are concerned about the consequence of your decisions, you are not Royalty.

make mockery
Jan 31, 2019
i feel like thats a little far, id say that if you are paralyzed by fear of the consequences of your decisions youre not royalty

you can still be like "aw dammit" after

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
True Royalty would deal with regret by unmaking the universe and reconstructing how it was before that fateful decision, then taking the other fork to see how it pans out.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I think True Royalty is having no regrets.

Especially if you do something regretful.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
who the gently caress doesnt constantly make terrible choices

show yourself coward

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

nimby posted:

I think you've got it and I want to change my answer to yours.

It's all part of the Divine Plan (tm). Spilling that coffee? Definitely part of the Divine Plan. It was a Divine Lesson on the temporal nature of hot drinks and the transitory happiness that blah blah blah so ends sermon 986 of 12874.

Please leave your cash and cheques made out to cash in the donation box on your way out the temple.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Feb 4, 2019

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

DancingShade posted:

It's all part of the Divine Plan (tm). Spilling that coffee? Definitely part of the Divine Plan. It was a Divine Lesson on the temporal nature of hot drinks and the transitory happiness that blah blah blah so ends sermon 986 of 12874.

You're approaching it all wrong.

Spilled your coffee? Continue drinking from the cup, that coffee better make sure it's getting back in there before you finish.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
This is not a coincidence because nothing is ever a coincidence.

(I think readers of KSBD would probably enjoy Unsong- it's got the same holy poo poo level of inventiveness except in prose form rather than graphic novel form. Plus, Royalty would probably roll with the Kabbalah just fine.)

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I think the most surprising part of dream Incubus is that neither of his nipples are pierced.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

left nip totally has a bar piercing

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

They were both pierced in his (I think?) first appearance to her: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seekerofthrones4-23/

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

nimby posted:

DancingShade posted:

True Royalty would deal with regret by unmaking the universe and reconstructing how it was before that fateful decision, then taking the other fork to see how it pans out.

pseudorandom name posted:

If you are concerned about the consequence of your decisions, you are not Royalty.

I see many wretches who have mistaken strength for power.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Royalty is knowing what the consequence of your actions will be and doing it anyway.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Royalty is being the consequence

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Royalty is understanding that you will most likely regret your decision at some point, but will DEFINITELY regret your indecision

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Royalty Is.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Rotten Red Rod posted:

They were both pierced in his (I think?) first appearance to her: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seekerofthrones4-23/

Royalty is getting to choose whether your dream-projection self has pierced one, neither, or both nipples.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If you're letting somebody else tell you what Royalty is, you don't have it.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Royalty chat is the second worst chat, after Aesma chat.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Dead Reckoning posted:

Royalty chat is the second worst chat, after Aesma chat.

Spoken like the master of Aesthetics.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It's honestly very on-brand for Royalty chat to consist of everyone disagreeing about what Royalty is, and presenting their own theory as the absolute gospel truth no matter how contradictory it is.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Begemot posted:

It's honestly very on-brand for Royalty chat to consist of everyone disagreeing about what Royalty is, and presenting their own theory as the absolute gospel truth no matter how contradictory it is.

The only suspected master of Royalty was a self-professed liar so I concur

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The only good chat is nipple chat

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Shugojin posted:

Royalty is understanding that you will most likely regret your decision at some point, but will DEFINITELY regret your indecision

I would just be afraid that my dream nipples would heal if I left the bars out and then I'd have to get them pierced again and I don't know what they charge to pierce a real nipple so I can only imagine what they charge to pierce an astral nipple.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dr Cheeto posted:

The only good chat is nippoodle chat

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
True royalty is working out the perfect ramen broth

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Royalty is not derailing the conversation from the sick loving lats and delts of Swolemon David and Swole-YISUN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Dr Cheeto posted:

True royalty is working out the perfect ramen broth

make big chunks of garlic and onion so they're held together by their natural skin and char them. Toss them in a stock pot with mushrooms and ginger and your choice of veggies. Throw in your stock meat of choice be it chicken, pork or both. Reduce down for a day keeping it topped up with water. Then strain it through a fine mesh and press out all the good broth concentrate which you can freeze for later.

Carmalizing and dehydrating work if you want to make a powdered broth you can store for long periods at room temp.