Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FirstAidKite posted:

Orange chicken is good. We had chicken for dinner but it was just fried chicken from giant eagle. Still good tho

Look up Tasty's video on the original Panda Express orange chicken, that's what I used to make the sauce and it was a hit although I think I'd use a little more OJ and a little less sugar next time, and use whole dried chilis instead of flakes for that authentic look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
I was thinking about trying Apex Legends after reading about it all day, but I had forgotten the name. Had to Google 'apex titanfall' to jog my memory. That sure is a perfectly smooth title that glides over my brain without catching on to any of the synapses. Possibly the least memorable pair of words I've ever come across.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah "apex legends" sounds like a fake game or possibly some obscure final fantasy spinoff

It actually is pretty fun tho, but I'm a dumb baby that likes overwatch sooooo

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

son of a bitch

e: reading further, their contract expired, so it's not an FF7R situation where the whole project is re-starting from scratch

it was already mostly being made by cygames, they just had platinumgames in on it to get a platinumgames combat system and presumably don't need them anymore now that they have it.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
“Legends” just makes any title feel like a cash in or nostalgia crutch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This game is never coming out.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

It sounds like a phone game

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Steve Yun posted:

Excuse you Megaman legends was not a cash in. :colbert:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
What are some cool names for recent games. Something distinctive, yet cool sounding.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

What are some cool names for recent games. Something distinctive, yet cool sounding.

Monster Hunter World

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ScKNGwbvg

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sunless Skies

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Exapunks is better than any answer I can think of, and maybe someday I'll be smart enough to play it

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Shindragon posted:

I didn’t say they are cash ins. I said it makes them sound like cash ins.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ultimate Chicken Horse

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I decided to watch a playthrough of witcher 3, and I did not quite expect a polish version of sherlock holmes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Enter the Gungeon: Advanced Gungeons and Draguns

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Shindragon posted:

the japanese name is undeniably better tho

Rockman DASH (Digouter's Adventure Stories in the Halycon days)

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Darude Insurgency: Sandstorm

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
battle royales aRE BAD

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

splatoon
hollow knight
celeste
return of the obra dinn
octopath traveler

not recent but, the world ends with you

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Apex thoughts: tf2 was more fun and better balanced.
This game has no cool movement and enemies are hard to pick out clearly enough in the very dense environment.
Ammo/clip size/ttk also all feel out of whack with dudes soaking up damage while im always reloading or running out of bullets.
Squad size is too small for my group, player cap is too small for the map.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

reading rpgfan reviews

"If there is one point that gives the story redemption, it's the translated dialogue. You can tell that Atlus had fun translating this title, and they didn't even bother being politically correct or even tasteful. Pop culture references such as "milf" made it into the dialogue, and Arabic-looking characters were donned such names as "Sadam Insein." Not necessarily clever, but certainly bold."

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

What game is that so I can avoid it and everything that localisation studio does in future.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The 7th Guest posted:

reading rpgfan reviews

"If there is one point that gives the story redemption, it's the translated dialogue. You can tell that Atlus had fun translating this title, and they didn't even bother being politically correct or even tasteful. Pop culture references such as "milf" made it into the dialogue, and Arabic-looking characters were donned such names as "Sadam Insein." Not necessarily clever, but certainly bold."

What the gently caress

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

njsykora posted:

What game is that so I can avoid it and everything that localisation studio does in future.
metal saga for ps2

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Some game called Metal Saga, and the review is from 2006.

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/metalsaga/index2.html

This isn't exactly timely news

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The pop culture reference, milf.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

chumbler posted:

Breaking Bad hadn't brought it mainstream yet in 2006

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

chumbler posted:

American Pie (which i still consider ground zero for the Milf as a pop culture thing) was already 6-7 years old at that point for christ sake.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm crossreferencing stuff on amazon with rpgfan reviews

they hated shining force neo which was actually a very good game, so im not actually listening to what theyre saying really

the followup (EXA) is $23 via amazon warehouse, and then i went down a rathole of reading ps2/ps3 rpg reviews

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

never listen to jrpg reviews

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

lol the new Bubsy game has a Kickstarter for DLC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cebVdtZCJkE

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I hated Runner 3 and it's very funny to be that their next game is fuckin bubsy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It is legitimately a Runner 3 reskin game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tales of Woe posted:

never listen to jrpg reviews

quote:

You may well like the quirky, crafting gameplay of Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland. You may well get into harvesting ingredients and building this little backwater into a real kingdom. But it is impossible to enjoy the game as a complete experience because you see everything through the eyes of one of the most vapid gaming protagonists ever created, and do all of your adventuring in a world so sickeningly sweet that you should get screened for adult-onset diabetes the moment you put down the gamepad. This, plus the repetitive nature of the campaign and the timed goals, betray the good elements provided through the crafting and adventuring.

Fun fact, while trying to find this quote, I had to go a few results down because googling "Atelier Meruru vapid" turned up multiple reviews

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I found a dragon in breath of the wild and it was covered in eyes and I was like "oh do I have to shoot its eyes" so I did and then I was all "oh I guess it doesn't care that I'm doing th-OH GOD IT CARES, IT CARES A LOT"

Now I'm running around in the woods and a giant skeleton cyclops just appeared outta nowhere so I guess I'm fighting him now

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Metal Saga on PS2 owns and lol if you disagree.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gamers hate girls, film @ 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't think I wanna be fighting this cyclops guy, maybe I will run away and-oh ok a bear decided to kill me instead