Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
looking forward to seeing joey raising money by going around to bars to see if anyone will bet him a shiny silver dollar that they can beat tiny in an arm wrestling contest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!
Old Palpatine really had him pegged when he decided to throw a scary (red and) black dude at him to distract him from the real Sith threat, eh?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Morphix posted:

reread it, he is literally hoping, like in a hollywood movie, that the bad guy, would approach him and reveal his rapey nature. The only piece of information he has is black, so he's scanning for black dudes, and hoping, the bad guy will reveal himself. It's dumb as poo poo, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's a racist impulse so much as wanting some sort of justice.

It is this. I would say Liam Neeson is great for admitting to being a racist idiot at one point of his life.
I mean personally I would say what he said is probably far less bad then what some rear end in a top hat like Tim Allen does on a regular basis.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 01:33 on Feb 5, 2019

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
wish he would have apologized for the racism tho.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

neeson can't go skiing anymore not because of the tragedy but because he keeps firing wildly at every tree on the slope

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
So this Lemony Negan poo poo happened the day PP loses more income okay yeah reality is normal

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

UBC "Free Speech Club" no longer pretending they're not Nazis

haha just kidding they're still doing the standard Nazi boilerplate, "post proof that Molyneux is a white supremacist, no that doesn't count, here's the dictionary definition of bigot, we welcome all views here, also Lauren is simply a thought provoking journalist"

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hi instead of making a new thread

Why do Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro (5'4") videos always appear as suggested recommendations on every computer i use when i visit youtube, even when i am pretty sure they dont know it's me and i dont even log into my gmail or anything, and theres no way they know how often i watch them

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

paul_soccer10 posted:

hi instead of making a new thread

Why do Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro (5'4") videos always appear as suggested recommendations on every computer i use when i visit youtube, even when i am pretty sure they dont know it's me and i dont even log into my gmail or anything, and theres no way they know how often i watch them

they know who you are

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

Reclines Obesily posted:

they know who you are

they pretty much know where you are at all times if you have a phone

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

using view bots and keyword spam, right wing operatives have juked the algorithm to such a degree that virtually any video you watch is deemed to be "related" to ultra-right wing propaganda

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
Gavin can't get a job because he created a hate group.

The Daily Beast: Gavin McInnes Sues Southern Poverty Law Center for Branding Proud Boys 'Hate Group':
https://www.thedailybeast.com/gavin-mcinnes-sues-southern-poverty-law-center-for-branding-proud-boys-hate-group?source=articles&via=rss

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

THC posted:

haha just kidding they're still doing the standard Nazi boilerplate, "post proof that Molyneux is a white supremacist, no that doesn't count, here's the dictionary definition of bigot, we welcome all views here, also Lauren is simply a thought provoking journalist"

lol the merch isn't free if you're spending $200 on it

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Tetrabor posted:

The Daily Beast: Gavin McInnes Sues Southern Poverty Law Center for Branding Proud Boys 'Hate Group':
https://www.thedailybeast.com/gavin-mcinnes-sues-southern-poverty-law-center-for-branding-proud-boys-hate-group?source=articles&via=rss

sounds like gavin should go back to canada

maybe that's where he left his chin

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

well that cuts out the part right after where he goes "oh god i was a monster. this is horrifying" or something like that which adds some context.

still when i read that i went uhh that's not going to go over well

People reflexively trying to attack the dude for admitting to being a hosed up human, it's dumb as hell

E cutting the quote to reverse the context like they knew people wouldn't read it that way with the full quote jesus loving christ

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN has issued a correction as of 06:56 on Feb 5, 2019

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
ayye lol not this guy again

https://twitter.com/Kherman112/status/1092441470697537538

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
if you see that guy lurking in the background that's an immediate sign that you're dealing with a total grift, if it wasn't obvious before

he's like the grift canary

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

People reflexively trying to attack the dude for admitting to being a hosed up human, it's dumb as hell

E cutting the quote to reverse the context like they knew people wouldn't read it that way with the full quote jesus loving christ
yep

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Morphix posted:

for raping his friend

lets not forget that bit of the story he tells, or the bit where he says he was hoping the villian would reveal himself to him on the street coming from a pub, presumably where our villian was planning more rapes

but ya, this for sure real story that really happend is a very clear and real case of racism, and not a hollywood actor playing up his image for ticket sales.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

oh lol morphix is the dude who did the "use the n-word, your most powerful verbal arsenal, to defuse a situation" post

quote:

Okay, lets just play out a scenario here

lets say you're white, and some, I dunno lets just keep it easy and say black, some black dude does something completely hosed up. Something so hosed in your head that you're weighing physical violence as a response. So, in that moment, if you wanted to hurt the other person, in the most sure fire way to do it, would be using racial slurs. Because you're aware of their power and their taboo nature.

So you call the guy the n-word while telling him to quit whatever behavior is causing your reaction. In your head you're trying to defuse the situation while still not acting like a bitch and backing down, you aren't being violent, but you're using your most powerful verbal arsernal to let him know you mean business.

It's weird because I've seen this scenario play out so many times in my partying life, and usually it ends with the white guy apologizing, and telling the black dude he has black friends and basically repeating the chris rock routine. I'm substituting white dude for asian, because in my experience it's mostly been asian dudes who played this out but I also mostly partied with my asian crew, but there aren't very many asian partying stereotypes that white people know so it's just easier to go black v white. Also alcohol + whatever else has been invovled in every one of these incidents. I dunno what the excuse is for online, maybe everyone just high out of their mind while posting? I know I usually am.

e- side note, you've never seen casual racism until you've partied with fobs who get hit on by some black dude. It's like, man, I can't imagine what it feels like to be on the reviving end of that cold shoulder. goddamn

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 07:20 on Feb 5, 2019

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i havent been paying attention to the Neeson thing but it sounds like he had some rage and revenge fantasies he didn't act on and feels bad about the person he was at the time? kinda sounds like the poo poo you would say in an honest discussjon about race but lol that be blurted it out during a random interview with a tabloid who has every reason to sensationalize

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Tetrabor posted:

You'd think one of the many successful, powerful Proud Boys out there would happily employ this fellow alpha

Aaaaany second now lol

cumshitter posted:

i havent been paying attention to the Neeson thing but it sounds like he had some rage and revenge fantasies he didn't act on and feels bad about the person he was at the time? kinda sounds like the poo poo you would say in an honest discussjon about race but lol that be blurted it out during a random interview with a tabloid who has every reason to sensationalize

Or maybe just like talk to a friend or your fuckin therapist about it, half the equation for call-out culture is that we also live in an overshare culture with a lot of people who have no idea when to shut the gently caress up (which is partially prolly a byproduct of stuff like social media that's basically shouting in a public square but doesn't FEEL like it)

Baku has issued a correction as of 07:52 on Feb 5, 2019

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
a whole lot of WWE-level drama involving patriot prayer's haley. a lot of drama out there these days.

https://twitter.com/egoldmanrevolt/status/1092463489807863812
https://twitter.com/andrewsorg/status/1091772270060527616
https://twitter.com/Samirite1/status/1092665306147840000

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

You'd think one of the many successful, powerful Proud Boys out there would happily employ this fellow alpha

Aaaaany second now lol

Or maybe just like talk to a friend or your fuckin therapist about it, half the equation for call-out culture is that we also live in an overshare culture with a lot of people who have no idea when to shut the gently caress up (which is partially prolly a byproduct of stuff like social media that's basically shouting in a public square but doesn't FEEL like it)

I feel like we actually dont live in an overshare cultural which is why loads of Americans are very very hosed up and deal with issues such as isolation and such which has been leading to the massive mental health problems our country faces. Like literally people dont talk about their issues and such and that leads to deeper more complex matters.

I think its problematic what he said, I think its problematic what he felt. I dont think he should be hammered for actually talking about it. I think critical questions need to asked of him about why he felt the way he did and if he has revaulted himself and his views on people of color.

I am going to be bad at phrasing this. I think its also problematic that people are using the fact he has access to therapy as some sort of magic cure all bullet for the how he felt or how he should have responded. Therapy doesnt work like that and its very lovely to people who go to therapy. This is not meant to deflect from the main point, but I wanted to point it out because I feel like that view point attrubutes to the stigma around mental health and deserves to be called out.

I think the real test will be his response to everything.

Telsa Cola has issued a correction as of 08:51 on Feb 5, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

THC posted:

Imagine how bad his presentation is gonna be when he can't do the 1-on-1 hypnosis techniques he uses in his videos.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

a whole lot of WWE-level drama involving patriot prayer's haley. a lot of drama out there these days.

so tired of PP, hopefully they implode with this and the money thing

prob not tho

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

THC posted:

Their last guest was Ben Shapiro so who could have seen this shocking heel turn by smug grinning rich white boys in blazers?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

wow, loving with the family of a violent drug smuggler who's also snitching for the cops, if I'm remembering my probably made-up fash lore correctly.

great move!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/1092729226548006913?s=19

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

moderate white supremacy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

we're just a little bit better than all other races, not too much but still clearly superior

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Literally the "throw half of all babies into the wood chipper" meme

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

Literally the "throw half of all babies into the wood chipper" meme

as a moderate i cannot condone that as it would be a barbaric and pointless loss of life

no instead we throw half of each baby into the wood chipper

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Nazis have been unwittingly taking advantage of the liberal fetish for being 'moderate' all this time, now we're just getting the logical conclusion. 'We're moderates like you, not those crazy extremists!'

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It's like moderates heard the story about Solomon, but never got the reason WHY he proposed the baby-dividing solution.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Samovar posted:

It's like moderates heard the story about Solomon, but never got the reason WHY he proposed the baby-dividing solution.

woman 1: sure cut the baby in half

woman 2: what the gently caress don't do that

solomon, esteemed centrist: both sides are the same, we'll cut the baby in half

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

oh lol morphix is the dude who did the "use the n-word, your most powerful verbal arsenal, to defuse a situation" post

so im a little confused here.

so it's cool to talk about killing people, but if I even try to speculate about some celebrities possible racism based on a stupid quote or heaven forbid an anecodte relevant to another stupid topic, ive become racist, destroyer of worlds, and mods can call me racist.

so just to clarify rules here, I can start calling the the 5 or 6 people who speculated about how Liam would kill people, which I'm am very sure is very serious, and that's why these people are obivously murders. I mean the words are right there. What kind of sick gently caress would speculate about someone elses murder. Absolutely disgusting behavior really. I'm barely able to hold these pearls I'm so upset

I mean, why give anyone the benefit of the doubt? You're a mod, and you have people speculating about murdering people in specific ways on your very forums. Right in this thread. No one could ever think these are jokes on a comedy based forum. So why is my totally racist defense of this dumb celebrity in a very serious discussion, probation worthy, and not you know, specific murder fantasies.

Or do you think Racism against Celebrities is worse than killing someone? Like that somehow worsens your dialogue that you've carefully constructed on these here forums.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

morphix do you eat rear end?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Morphix posted:

so im a little confused here.

so it's cool to talk about killing people, but if I even try to speculate about some celebrities possible racism based on a stupid quote or heaven forbid an anecodte relevant to another stupid topic, ive become racist, destroyer of worlds, and mods can call me racist.

so just to clarify rules here, I can start calling the the 5 or 6 people who speculated about how Liam would kill people, which I'm am very sure is very serious, and that's why these people are obivously murders. I mean the words are right there. What kind of sick gently caress would speculate about someone elses murder. Absolutely disgusting behavior really. I'm barely able to hold these pearls I'm so upset

I mean, why give anyone the benefit of the doubt? You're a mod, and you have people speculating about murdering people in specific ways on your very forums. Right in this thread. No one could ever think these are jokes on a comedy based forum. So why is my totally racist defense of this dumb celebrity in a very serious discussion, probation worthy, and not you know, specific murder fantasies.

Or do you think Racism against Celebrities is worse than killing someone? Like that somehow worsens your dialogue that you've carefully constructed on these here forums.

lmao pull the ripcord dude holy poo poo

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
post yr hog

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

SpaceGoku posted:

lmao pull the ripcord dude holy poo poo

I'm genuinely curious,

why is it okay to post as if you were really going to commit acts of violence. But I do the same functional poo poo and speculate about what goes through the head of a racist, and that's bad and probation worthy. And worse, I am now a racist.

like the only take away I'm having is possible racism is worse than possible murder. Sorry, speculating about possible racism is worse than murder. Because you know, that's what we were doing, speculating about a celebrities dumb story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

is “moderate” whit nationalism when you racially segregate by state, and nobody has to go back to Africa?