Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
we're in real hypernormalisation territory now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Jose posted:

seems fine to me

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

So who's more stupid, Theresa May or Trump?

Trump by a country mile. May is annihilating her nation because the country is in an untenable position and doing otherwise would destroy her party. Trump forced the party to do things his way because ???. There's a bunch of American Republicans who have had it with the guy, including the head of the Senate. May just won a pair of no confidence votes.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Chaps, don't worry, in a few years we'll all be Brexit Millionaires*.

*One million pounds will buy one Melton Mowbray mini pork pie, imported from Poland

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

ReelBigLizard posted:

One million pounds will buy one ticket into the Great British Food Lottery for a Melton Mowbray mini pork pie, imported from Poland

Fixed

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Keep calm and Hunger Games when

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3TT1VE8Jq0

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

ReelBigLizard posted:

Chaps, don't worry, in a few years we'll all be Brexit Millionaires*.

*One million pounds will buy one Melton Mowbray mini pork pie, imported from Poland

More like one Freddo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 16 days!)

slumdoge millionare posted:

Trump by a country mile. May is annihilating her nation because the country is in an untenable position and doing otherwise would destroy her party. Trump forced the party to do things his way because ???. There's a bunch of American Republicans who have had it with the guy, including the head of the Senate. May just won a pair of no confidence votes.

Theresa May reads from a script at private meetings.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Theresa May reads from a script at private meetings.

Trump can't read.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Trump can definitely work a crowd better than May can

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JFairfax posted:

Trump can definitely work a crowd better than May can

That doesn't take much

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1092800821543256066
https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1092806631245729792

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1092806746190565378

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

fire everyone at the bbc into the sun

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1092777277459288064

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Bryter posted:

The FTPA is loving awful and should be repealed though.

why

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

The Grauniad posted:

May floats the prospect of the UK and Ireland staging a joint World Cup bid for 2030, provided the two respective football associations approve the idea. 

A fantastic combo of English resentment that Russia outspent them in World Cup bribes and English resentment that Ireland is an independent state

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
as if there'll be a single soccer stadium left standing in britain by 2030

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

for everyone unaware each country in the UK has its own football association

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao that the 500k bribe worked

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Jose posted:

for everyone unaware each country in the UK has its own football association

I was under the impression that each county, pub, and abandoned phone booth in the UK has its own football association

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I don't think the American MSM is even aware that Turning Point USA exists, but they immediately get featured on the BBC.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I don't think the American MSM is even aware that Turning Point USA exists, but they immediately get featured on the BBC.

The head of it is the son of a major Tory donor and Darren Grimes who got convicted of fraud during the referendum is also part of it

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Can't wait for the UK to switch to Bison Dollars post Brexit.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

seriously though any britgoons reading this should be working on establishing ratlines out of britain before no deal brexit happens

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

A friend's brother is dumb as poo poo and wants no deal. I can't be arsed to discuss it with him because his brain just can't deal with concepts more complex than putting on clothes and eating and talking to him just annoys me. I do look forward to him losing his job and not realising why though so at least there's that to keep me happy post apocalypse.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

amerigoons on march 22nd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7WZq9USk5c&t=163s

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I've been reading BBC HYS. Let's play a game. Ask/tell me anything and I'll respond as a Brexiteer would.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Jose posted:

you already fell for Brexit how much more normalised can you get? a modest proposal comes back into vogue as dietary guidance level or...?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Glenn Quebec posted:

I've been reading BBC HYS. Let's play a game. Ask/tell me anything and I'll respond as a Brexiteer would.

why do you look like that?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Drunkboxer posted:

why do you look like that?

We wont be subject to EU rules. There is no different to meeting US standards to export or Chinese standards to export there. We could decide our own standards for here And we will should ensure those standards are greater than the EU and Japan so there cars can't come here without changes.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

it makes one party rule more difficult to achieve so authoritarians on both sides are opposed to it

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Raskolnikov38 posted:

as if there'll be a single soccer stadium left standing in britain by 2030

have to have the Games somewhere, why not take advantage of the Ancients building prowess?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Glenn Quebec posted:

How soon after we leave the EU will the septics come crawling around looking to eat our lunch?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Relevant Tangent posted:

How soon after we leave the EU will the septics come crawling around looking to eat our lunch?

Don't be fooled. The E.U. are desperate to get a deal. Ignore the weak MPs and REMOANERS. Get the best deal for the UK or No Deal Here We Come --- WTO Article 24

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov38 posted:

seriously though any britgoons reading this should be working on establishing ratlines out of britain before no deal brexit happens

Empirical best thing to have in a poo poo hits the fan situation is a really great passport and all your papers

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Glenn Quebec posted:

On a scale of May to Trump, how dumb are you?

E - Dumb isn't the right word, wilfully ignorant.

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
I've got a second passport and my foreign mum said I can move back in with her any time so I'm sorted provided I can still afford flights once the pound is worthless lol

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Rozzbot posted:

I've got a second passport and my foreign mum said I can move back in with her any time so I'm sorted provided I can still afford flights once the pound is worthless lol

stock up in hard currency, like the euro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

An insane mind posted:

On a scale of May to Trump, how dumb are you?

E - Dumb isn't the right word, wilfully ignorant.

May? As one who has worked for 40 years I understand that May has to deal with PROJECT FEAE from remoaner and that running the government costs money. Back our PM and if you want to save money the house of Lord's costs us 240000 pounds daily!