Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Davis wants out so they have no choice.

They've failed at building a team long enough that he has a right to want out.

I did like their Boogie/AD thing they had going for half a season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I just started watching anime for the first time, it’s called hunter x hunter, I’m 40 episodes in, and I can’t get enough, sorry friends

whatever makes you happy

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Grittybeard posted:

They've failed at building a team long enough that he has a right to want out.

I did like their Boogie/AD thing they had going for half a season.

I just wonder how the Bucks are going to try and avoid this exact situation from happening to them in a few years.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I think the problem with anime has always been when anime is treated as its own genre and not just something you can watch

Like, Millennium Actress or Grave of the Fireflies are just good movies, just like something like Jojo is just a good show. The fact it was animated in japan is irrelevant to that larger truth.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I think the problem with anime is that so much of it is thinly veiled pedophile smut.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I just started watching anime for the first time, it’s called hunter x hunter, I’m 40 episodes in, and I can’t get enough, sorry friends

My brother recently told me to watch this, I never knew him to be an anime person.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I've been watching Kado: The Right Choice which is about a bunch of japanese government officials trying to figure out what is going on when a 2 km cube appears at an airport and lands on top of a plane.

I'd say it lifts heavily from Arrival, but they seem to have come out at roughly the same time.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think the problem with anime is that so much of it is thinly veiled pedophile smut.

that too

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Why Davis

New Orleans needs u

E: oh
Holy poo poo Davis was drafted in 2012 play yeah never mind. You do you Davis.

The older I get the worse I get at perceiving time.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 5, 2019

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
My little brother is heavy into anime and I have always smirked at him but after spending a whole weekend binging hunter x hunter I can see why he likes it. The story moves really fast there are tons of fights and discussions about characters powers and ability...it’s almost like an animated non-Roman version of my all time 2nd favorite TV show Spartacus

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The story moves really fast there are tons of fights and discussions about characters powers and abilit

watch jojo

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I liked Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo in addition to Dragon Ball Z

E: my phone autocorrects dragon to dragoon. There’s no way any human uses dragoon more than dragon come on

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You just don't get it. They are actually all 1000 year old demons who just appear to be teens.

Jojo rules but is difficult to watch because Dio is such a great villain.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
lol it snowed less than an inch and they’re closing all the schools in town

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

shonen/seinen/shojo/josei as main genres make even less sense when it's an anime movie although i appreciate them more than the setting-type genres like isekai which might as well be a giant banner that whatever you're watching/reading is about as good as one of those amazon kindle unlimited literary rpgs.

i don't watch anime because the earlier stuff had to deal with the constraints of having people hand draw a million frames so you ran into problems with scenes being incredibly stilted and tracing over the manga's scenes and poses, and the newer cgi-assisted stuff is ugly imo.

i'm looking forward to the dorohedoro adaptation but i'm not sure how well a viscerally ugly and raw piece of outsider art can be adapted into an anime.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

which one is the genre of "I died and was resurrected in a video game"

which is really loving weird that its common enough to be its own genre

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

is the artist the most forgettable best picture winner in recent memory?

Slumdog

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I wish I enjoyed watching TV by myself more because I definitely would have given Jojo's a shot by now. I don't think I could convince my wife to sit through it with me.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yeah, isekai. that's the genre with sword art online that had the famous "semen glopping" line in the book

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

hifi posted:

that had the famous "semen glopping" line in the book

wait hold up run that by me again

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It used to be based on books/fables but it makes sense that a lot of that genre migrated to video games, being aimed at kids and all.

hifi posted:

yeah, isekai. that's the genre with sword art online that had the famous "semen glopping" line in the book

what.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1092807525102247938

:lol:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i guess it wasn't in the book (termed light novel in japan) but "sword art online" started out as a web novel, basically a blog where the chapters get posted; it's popular in japan i guess. after the first volume the characters are freed from being imprisoned in a virtual reality mmo and the main characters have sex and there's an entire chapter dedicated to it as sort of a non-canon fanfiction but also written by the author and posted on their webpage. i don't know how bad the translation is technically but the end result is like someone did mad libs on erotic fiction.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That's very anime, but in a world where JK Rowling is telling us that wizards poo poo themselves constantly, I guess sure, whatever.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I cant wait for someone on CNN to talk about how presidential trump sounds tonight and how this might be a pivot only for him to tweet at 1am tonight that Nancy Pelosi is a post-menstrual swamp rat or something

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the Dot Hack shows had some of that. Or "person in a coma is also in a video game"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I watched the first episode of The Americans last night. It was good enough for me to continue.

Anyone else watch that show?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I cant wait for someone on CNN to talk about how presidential trump sounds tonight and how this might be a pivot only for him to tweet at 1am tonight that Nancy Pelosi is a post-menstrual swamp rat or something

No one outside of Fox News has talked about him becoming presidential since the missile strike in Syria back in March 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ehud posted:

I watched the first episode of The Americans last night. It was good enough for me to continue.

YES YES YES

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ehud posted:

Great Show!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

Which anime is that?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

He's not mad. Chuck's mad!

Glad to see his executive time is well spent.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

Counterpoint: Cody Parkey :v:

Then there's Bartolo Colon, who is my spirit animal in terms of being an amazing fat athlete performing well past the average player's prime.

I’m confused

The Cody parkey who had his kick blocked and then 0 out of 150 could complete the kick when given the opportunity?

That’s the guy?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtY7017Fs8V/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=17fuus76ltbdi

I did not know Mike Tyson has a giant tattoo of Mao Zedong on his shoulder

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Android Apocalypse posted:

Counterpoint: Cody Parkey :v:

Then there's Bartolo Colon, who is my spirit animal in terms of being an amazing fat athlete performing well past the average player's prime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVFsq9FQBlc

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/aoc/status/1092793717533093888?s=21

:hai:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

https://twitter.com/stevemorris__/status/1092807628147879939

:gritin:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just wonder how the Bucks are going to try and avoid this exact situation from happening to them in a few years.

The Bucks are really good and have surrounded Giannis with good talent. The Pelicans are poopoo and have surrounded Davis with players who are either bad or constantly injured

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Why Davis

New Orleans needs u

E: oh
Holy poo poo Davis was drafted in 2012 play yeah never mind. You do you Davis.

The older I get the worse I get at perceiving time.

The real mind gently caress is thinking about how long he's been in the NBA and then realizing he's 25 years old

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is she not attending?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’m confused

The Cody parkey who had his kick blocked and then 0 out of 150 could complete the kick when given the opportunity?

That’s the guy?

Wasn't the challenge to complete a kick from half the distance actually?

Although they did disqualify anyone who had any kicking experience whatsoever, so if you kicked 50% for extra points in high school you weren't allowed in this challenge