Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

:rip: any potential train surfers who were hitching a ride up front on that train.

that sure is some take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

schmug posted:

that sure is some take

I mean, with the increased amount of youtube videos and popularity of train surfing it's probably something they have to account for when sifting through this wreckage, which is a pretty OSHA task in itself.
I get the feeling security is an increasingly more difficult task for rail workers. Every dumb gently caress and adventure tourist is now out there trying to hop onto trains because they watched on the internet and it looked easy.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

I get the feeling security is an increasingly more difficult task for rail workers. Every dumb gently caress and adventure tourist is now out there trying to hop onto trains because they watched on the internet and it looked easy.

I'm pretty sure it's actually getting easier and easier with CCTV systems and mobile phones and poo poo like that.

https://i.imgur.com/dBOUw1y.mp4

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i knew an Occupy fella who was a compulsive liar (oh i was special forces in Iraq) who called himself Cowboy who, after a near fight where I pointed out his compulsive lying, he promptly ran off to a rail yard, hopped the first train he assumed was going to California, got busted in Buffalo New York, and when he called another occupy fella to bail him out (this is a 7 hour car ride away) instead asked this fellow about putting a down payment in his name for loving Star Citizen of all things.

Also played a few shows with anarchist bands who would travel via train hopping, i walked past a pair of ladies airing out their pits, one of whom was loudly complaining that she "stank like gas station hot dogs" as i was on my way to go get dinner at a gas station.

i didn't get the dogs.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Oh god I just noticed the Related Stories section on the train derailment article:

:capitalism:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

drunkill posted:

https://i.imgur.com/DXXQIAw.mp4

do the soapy water test please

Having replaced, moved, unclogged many an old rear end toilet and drains in my house I was expecting something else to happen. Other then that, why he blowtorchin' the toilet hole yo?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Having replaced, moved, unclogged many an old rear end toilet and drains in my house I was expecting something else to happen. Other then that, why he blowtorchin' the toilet hole yo?

Has to do with sweating the toilet flange onto the pipe, if its not pvc.

It was mentioned a page back IIRC

e Yep

Hugh Malone posted:

same.

not sure what you would have to sweat on a toilet flange though? maybe trying to repair the flange? seems dumb, someone please help

e: asked my buddy, apparently older homes without pvc have a setup where you gotta sweat the flange on. ffffunnnnn

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

P.I.T. THIS MOTHERFUCKER

https://i.imgur.com/w2zhanz.gifv

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/cicrWBD.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/hB6xuKN.mp4

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
This thread keeps reminding me about how little I know about a world that's likely to kill me at any loving moment.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That’s awesome.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

insane how precise these things can be

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Im the hole in the back of the bucket

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

wjs5 posted:

Im the hole in the back of the bucket
I'm the other two holes you're evenly spaced with.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
how's about you two and your three holes come up to my room for some confined spaces training :pervert:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://i.imgur.com/tHxrdl8.mp4

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Anyone know what she is doing there?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Munin posted:

Making flour

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Munin posted:

Yeah it’s called Evasion, monks and rogues get it at level 7

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Munin posted:

This is a process called "Losing the use of a hand."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Munin posted:

Hasn't anyone ever told you to go pound sand?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

This doesn't seem right

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Slanderer posted:

This doesn't seem right

They are us to load and unload trucks.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Applesnots posted:

They're also every bit as fun as that gif makes them look.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

PittTheElder posted:

Oh god I just noticed the Related Stories section on the train derailment article:

:capitalism:

iospace posted:

Yup. Hunter Harrison was a "railroad industry darling" for a while (until he died, anyway). Well, the investors loved him, because he did exactly this. Defer maintenance, extract as much money as he can in a short time for his buddies, then resign and move onto the next company. Rinse, repeat, and then the problem of letting rails go to hell comes up.

Hunter Harrison was the CEO of CP and now the fruits of his "labor" are now appearing and how. Expect to see a flurry of poo poo like this. He also wanted to merge CP and CSX but the US Department of Defense came in and said "LOL NO YOU AREN'T" because that would mean a foreign company would be handling critical hauling contracts for them. He then left CP for CSX shortly after, then died while at CSX.

Unrelated, content!
https://twitter.com/wailard/status/1092521642746494976

iospace fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Feb 6, 2019

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Just being near flex belts make me feel like I'm about to lose a fingat. I'm pretty sure that's overreaction but the number of nip points short circuit my brain.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Applesnots posted:

I appreciate the guy standing on forks while doing it.

And the quickly edited instances of people getting knocked down by/falling off of it.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/SafetyFlrst/status/1088493428999143424?s=20

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

that guy's in for a surprise when he comes back to land

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Really bad runway or really good engine?

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

I'd guess a private airstrip where someone's put down a layer of asphalt and called it a day - probably worked just fine so long as people were content to use prop aircraft.

e: Is prop/jet rating of runways a thing?

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 6, 2019

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

IPCRESS posted:

I'd guess a private airstrip where someone's put down a layer of asphalt and called it a day - probably worked just fine so long as people were content to use prop aircraft.

It's a civil aviation airstrip, whatever that means

Source that just doesn't repost without credit:
https://www.expressandstar.com/news...-green-airport/

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Vampire is a badass name for a jet fighter.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Kazy posted:

It's a civil aviation airstrip, whatever that means

Means it's not government or commercial, and never sees much more than bug smashers.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

IPCRESS posted:

e: Is prop/jet rating of runways a thing?

most small commercial jets have engines that are higher up on the fuselage than someone's rare ww2 hot rod jet

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

luxury handset posted:

most small commercial jets have engines that are higher up on the fuselage than someone's rare ww2 hot rod jet

That's a pure jet engine. Most modern jet engines are turbo-fan jet engines. There's a big fan in the front of the cowling that sucks in cold air, and blows it out in a ring around the super hot jet exhaust from the center section. This both makes it way more efficient and makes it way less noisy. As a nifty side effect it also keeps you from power-blow torching the runway apart.

Sorta like comparing a big air gun to a blowtorch, similar air-make-go-fast technologies, wildly different operating temperatures of the bulk exhaust gasses.

Methylethylaldehyde fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 6, 2019

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/iEnZz7O.mp4

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Them Duke boys aren't handling retirement well.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

too soon boo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

They probably shouldn't have been driving anways