Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Remember that Twitter will not suspend Trump but will instead mass-suspend users for *reasons*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The closest thing they've had to progress is banning guys with usernames like Judenjager1488, and some of them still slip through the cracks.

There's this creep who kept making accounts to send rape and death threats to a local activist, and I'd report him and he'd get suspended, but for like five minutes because his account would be back up by the time I got the notice.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I got suspended for mockingly repeating what a literal Neo Nazi said back to him. The Neo Nazi was not suspended. :discourse:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Spoeank posted:

I got suspended for mockingly repeating what a literal Neo Nazi said back to him. The Neo Nazi was not suspended. :discourse:

i got a week suspension for calling elon musk a "thot and nasty rear end ho". all the craziest assholes like mark dice and jack prisolec and prison paul and amy mek are free to spread their insanity though.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
My old account got banned for "targeted harrassment" of @Raytheon.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

I got suspended for calling JK Rowling a wizard bitch.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

i got a week suspension for calling elon musk a "thot and nasty rear end ho". all the craziest assholes like mark dice and jack prisolec and prison paul and amy mek are free to spread their insanity though.
They also banned any accounts that had ‘Elon Musk’ in them like the Italian Elon Musk one

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Remember when trump’s twitter account was suspended for like ten minutes a while back and it was made obvious that any temp at twitter hq can suspend anyone they want for any reason with no oversight whatsoever?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
My account got perma suspended for telling TERFs to get in the sea. Not a specific TERF, just TERFs as a concept, just after the Mumsnet/Mermaids poo poo.

Twitter is a good company.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

They also banned any accounts that had ‘Elon Musk’ in them like the Italian Elon Musk one
It was beautiful while it lasted.

"I send a tha calzone into the space! I no pay a the taxes, ay!"

SteelMentor posted:

My account got perma suspended for telling TERFs to get in the sea. Not a specific TERF, just TERFs as a concept, just after the Mumsnet/Mermaids poo poo.
Cathy Brennan is a fake goth.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

Remember that telling the bad people they are bad is in itself, bad. -Twitter

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

SteelMentor posted:

Can you explain what happened there? I used to follow Lisa Muggeridge on twitter who seemed like not a terrible person and then she took a deep dive into TERFsville because of some mumsnet thing I have no idea about. What happened?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

honestly the worst part about twitter is getting timeouts for swearing. even in your own tweets.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Ron Jeremy posted:

Can you explain what happened there? I used to follow Lisa Muggeridge on twitter who seemed like not a terrible person and then she took a deep dive into TERFsville because of some mumsnet thing I have no idea about. What happened?

Mermaids is a UK charity based around giving support to transgendered kids and their families, and is generally well regarded for their work. Naturally, TERFs loving hate them, and Stonewall for doing the heinous treason of recognising trans people are real.

A couple of months ago, some TERF snuck a camera into a seminar the group was running and gave the footage to one of the UK papers (the Telegraph, I think). Despite the paper trying to make it out like the charity was indoctrinating parents into forcefully transitioning their kids or some crap, the seminar was pretty tame Gender 101 stuff and as a result it bounced off the public consciousness. This naturally made TERFs loving furious and Mermaids became the great Satan to Mumsnet.

Enter wonk-eyed bellend Graham Linehan, who incited the Mumsnet userbase to flood the National Lottery with concerned letters wrt the Lottery giving Mermaids and Stonewall charity grants in hopes of suspending the payments. It worked, if only because the Lottery's internal rules means they have to investigate poo poo if enough outcry against a charity is brought up, freezing the grant indefinitely. While Stonewall could handle without it for the moment, Mermaids desperately needed it, thus leading to all the TERFs laughing it up Twitter about how they totally owned a children's charity.

And that of course led into local Goon makes good hbomberguy running a now well publicised charity stream and raising a loving boatload of money for Mermaids to spite Lineham, who is now in like his second week of the ultimate corncob.

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
Forgot which one Crooked Media was and when it came up in the premium episode I briefly confused it with Feral Audio and very briefly had an alternate-timeline glimpse of a truly heinous TV show concept

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

honestly the worst part about twitter is getting timeouts for swearing. even in your own tweets.
I've heard of this happening but it's never happened to me

I've also done it in replies to other people (which I've heard has caused probations), but nothing there either

Then again Twitter is nothing if not inconsistent about punishing users so I shouldn't be surprised

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

SteelMentor posted:

Mermaids is a UK charity based around giving support to transgendered kids and their families, and is generally well regarded for their work. Naturally, TERFs loving hate them, and Stonewall for doing the heinous treason of recognising trans people are real.

A couple of months ago, some TERF snuck a camera into a seminar the group was running and gave the footage to one of the UK papers (the Telegraph, I think). Despite the paper trying to make it out like the charity was indoctrinating parents into forcefully transitioning their kids or some crap, the seminar was pretty tame Gender 101 stuff and as a result it bounced off the public consciousness. This naturally made TERFs loving furious and Mermaids became the great Satan to Mumsnet.

Enter wonk-eyed bellend Graham Linehan, who incited the Mumsnet userbase to flood the National Lottery with concerned letters wrt the Lottery giving Mermaids and Stonewall charity grants in hopes of suspending the payments. It worked, if only because the Lottery's internal rules means they have to investigate poo poo if enough outcry against a charity is brought up, freezing the grant indefinitely. While Stonewall could handle without it for the moment, Mermaids desperately needed it, thus leading to all the TERFs laughing it up Twitter about how they totally owned a children's charity.

And that of course led into local Goon makes good hbomberguy running a now well publicised charity stream and raising a loving boatload of money for Mermaids to spite Lineham, who is now in like his second week of the ultimate corncob.

Thanks for the summary! I'd lost the thread of mumsnet a while ago. Just a small note, but most people in the community prefer "transgender," rather than transgendered. :)

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

T-man posted:

Just a small note, but most people in the community prefer "transgender," rather than transgendered. :)

Y'know I'm trans myself and never knew this, thanks for the heads-up!

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Lol this is the worst stream

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I would buy this on DVD

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Beardless Matt.:eyepop:

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
well that was something.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
matt on his 5th tallboy coors (at least - from the ones on the table), draining it a couple sips every 10 seconds or so. he's on pace to have another bad night

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

terrorist ambulance posted:

matt on his 5th tallboy coors (at least - from the ones on the table), draining it a couple sips every 10 seconds or so. he's on pace to have another bad night

oh god, you can hear it in his voice

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

terrorist ambulance posted:

I mean, if we just do the math here, it takes SEVERAL coors lite tall boys to equal even a pint of liquor so

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
The next big stream they do will need Matt in the restraints from silence of the lambs.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I've been enjoying the chapo stream. I want Matt to get drunker though.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

“Jake Flores, you’re a bad person and a terrible comedian.” - Nanette

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The New England patriarchs

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

“Knowing will set you free.” - Virgil

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

is there a yotube upload of the big game show from tonight?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

KoRMaK posted:

is there a yotube upload of the big game show from tonight?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/374851687

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wasn’t feeling the stream, felt like my sense of detached alienation from the first half of a truly awful first half cultural experience was not ready for what seemed like an earnest attempt to create something new, and that the comment stream was a depressing cesspool. No big deal, hope they don’t take that poo poo too seriously.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol chapo boys getting fatter and fatter with every new video

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

Not Felix

Serf
May 5, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

your patreon dollars at work

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

my chunky bois better eat up to start the revolution

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Felix remains fit, chaste, and sober as the rest of the boys succumb to decadence and drug abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Most importantly, Felix remains bearded.