Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Not happening. Maybe in Tf3. AL is it's own thing, regardless of its affiliation with the lore.

:airquote: Damage control :airquote: notwithstanding, there is no TF3... :nallears:

So, Titan Mode is just as likely as TF3, right now. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:airquote: Damage control :airquote: notwithstanding, there is no TF3... :nallears:

So, Titan Mode is just as likely as TF3, right now. :shrug:

There absolutely is a TF3 in development.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Yeah I doubt Respawn can sustain Apex Legends and the Star Wars game plus another major project. Every time you read stories about game studios collapsing, there's invariably some 'second project' that they end up scrapping when they realize they need all hands on deck for the current game. It sounds like they scrapped a quick TF3 on Source, so the whole thing needs to be redone on a new engine, which is not a quick or simple task.

If they have any plans for TF3 it's far on the back burner.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

The developer said that they are not working on TF3 and that what was TF3 became AL, unless they pulled a Northam in the last 12 hours...

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lemming posted:

Damage control

lol

"gently caress YOU RESPAWN, I WANTED TITANFALL 3 AND YOU MADE A DIFFERENT GAME I HATE YOU!"

oh hey there buddy, we're still working on Titanfall stuff, stay tuned.

"STOP LYING REEEEEEEEE"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

The developer said that they are not working on TF3 and that what was TF3 became AL, unless they pulled a Northam in the last 12 hours...

The work they were doing for TF3 in Source pivoted into AL, and TF3 shifted to next gen. Even Zampella has said that the teams are separate.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1092578757603442689

General Battuta posted:

Yeah I doubt Respawn can sustain Apex Legends and the Star Wars game plus another major project. Every time you read stories about game studios collapsing, there's invariably some 'second project' that they end up scrapping when they realize they need all hands on deck for the current game. It sounds like they scrapped a quick TF3 on Source, so the whole thing needs to be redone on a new engine, which is not a quick or simple task.

If they have any plans for TF3 it's far on the back burner.

There are at least 3 teams within Respawn atm.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Apex Legends looks pretty good but the people defending it in the Titanfall 2 thread are acting like real shitheads.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
God forbid someone like a game on this dead comedy forum........

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

It is good, you should play it

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bardeh posted:

lol

"gently caress YOU RESPAWN, I WANTED TITANFALL 3 AND YOU MADE A DIFFERENT GAME I HATE YOU!"

oh hey there buddy, we're still working on Titanfall stuff, stay tuned.

"STOP LYING REEEEEEEEE"

quote:

"There are some people who think there are too many battle royale games or it's a fad, the world thinks we're making Titanfall 3 and we're not - this is what we're making.

Fans of Titanfall are upset about this, so they put out some vague statement out today about how they're "working on more Titanfall" in a tweet. How is that not damage control, for their fans that were specifically upset about them saying that they stopped making Titanfall 3?

Edit: And you know, to be clear, it being obvious damage control doesn't mean we're accusing them of lying. Just trying to control the damage they did to the trust they had developed with their community. Of course, you seem really prone to jumping to conclusions, so don't let me get in the way of your being upset other people have different opinions from you.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wheeee posted:

It is good, you should play it

I probably will, looks pretty polished and the Apex thread has had a lot of positive feedback.

Stan Taylor posted:

God forbid someone like a game on this dead comedy forum........

Being a dipshit isn't inherent to liking a game.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I think we should all just take a deep breath, pause, take a step back and realize that I posted a very funny pun/joke in the Apex Legends thread and it got zero acknowledgement.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I think we should all just take a deep breath, pause, take a step back and realize that I posted a very funny pun/joke in the Apex Legends thread and it got zero acknowledgement.

please repost

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Xarbala posted:

Apex Legends looks pretty good but the people defending it in the Titanfall 2 thread are acting like real shitheads.

Yea for real. like... just go post in the apex thread. Unironically using “reeee” to characterize people’s complaints? What is this, insane people fb political memes?

Like, I feel like most the tf2 fans are fairly reasonable in their criticism; a few have even tried the game and admit it’s well made despite the lack of “titanfall-feel”. Just use this thread to talk about titanfall and use the apex thread to talk about apex.

Also I’m always looking for people to play titanfall 2 with.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lemming posted:

Fans of Titanfall are upset about this, so they put out some vague statement out today about how they're "working on more Titanfall" in a tweet. How is that not damage control, for their fans that were specifically upset about them saying that they stopped making Titanfall 3?

Edit: And you know, to be clear, it being obvious damage control doesn't mean we're accusing them of lying. Just trying to control the damage they did to the trust they had developed with their community. Of course, you seem really prone to jumping to conclusions, so don't let me get in the way of your being upset other people have different opinions from you.

I apologize for my post. It was pretty childish.

I'm still not sure why they have damaged any trust though. Was TF3 ever publically confirmed?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bardeh posted:

I apologize for my post. It was pretty childish.

I'm still not sure why they have damaged any trust though. Was TF3 ever publically confirmed?

From the EA acquisition of Respawn:

https://news.ea.com/press-release/company-news/ea-acquire-respawn-entertainment

quote:

The acquisition builds on a successful publishing partnership between Respawn and EA, with multiple projects currently in development – a new title in the Titanfall franchise, a game set in the Star Wars™ universe and a VR gaming experience.

So not, like, explicitly Titanfall 3, but this was back in 2017 and there was no other reasonable way to interpret it.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

That Apex is this good, despite allegedly being the salvaged remains of an abandoned Titanfall 3 which was scrapped when Respawn realized Source was holding it back, only strengthens my existing faith in Respawn and the eventual Titanfall 3.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Xarbala posted:

Gamer expectations is a deeper shade of brown that that tho

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
AL is fun and I’d like to play some of it with you all but what I really want is Titanfall 3.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hey so I'm pretty sure this is an unofficial account because the only thing Vince ever points to is @PlayApex and it'd make a lot more sense that this wasn't official.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
https://twitter.com/EddieMakuch/status/1092913048191291393

uh

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1092946592993366016

I'm loving lost.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I'm hype for Titanfall The Premium Card Game. Finally something to take the throne from Artifact.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
To be fair the real entertainment is watching these Respawn execs dunk on nerds all the way to the bank.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Insane Totoro posted:

To be fair the real entertainment is watching these Respawn execs dunk on nerds all the way to the bank.

If the game has the legs to do so, of course.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

FastestGunAlive posted:

Yea for real. like... just go post in the apex thread. Unironically using “reeee” to characterize people’s complaints? What is this, insane people fb political memes?

Like, I feel like most the tf2 fans are fairly reasonable in their criticism; a few have even tried the game and admit it’s well made despite the lack of “titanfall-feel”. Just use this thread to talk about titanfall and use the apex thread to talk about apex.

Also I’m always looking for people to play titanfall 2 with.

Most people in the last few pages of this thread stopped talking about Tf2 two years ago so it's kind of funny that they all just showed up on the spot firstly to doomsay for 48 solid hours and when that had lead to nothing of substance to pretend like this thread is somehow hallowed ground again.

The reason why people originally brought the news to this thread was because the hype was ambiguous and sudden and no other part of the forums was paying attention. The success of AL, regardless of its origin or relation to Tf proper, will have an effect on Tf going forward, and I think that's worth discussing itt if people want to. If you don't like it then don't respond to it, but I don't see how it's a detriment when the thread was already dead except for a few of us still playing and posting.

s.i.r.e. posted:

If the game has the legs to do so, of course.

Yeah, I'm sure Respawn isn't automatically assuming it will be a success though they seem confident in their product. A million people in 1 day with no prior marketing is nothing to sneaze at, and if that expands their base for future projects then great.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Insane Totoro posted:

They know what they're doing

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Titanfall kart racer lets goooooo!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is anyone still playing AL or are the servers dead?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m going to get drunk and play Titanfall 2 in protest

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Is anyone still playing AL or are the servers dead?

lol

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Most people in the last few pages of this thread stopped talking about Tf2 two years ago so it's kind of funny that they all just showed up on the spot firstly to doomsay for 48 solid hours and when that had lead to nothing of substance to pretend like this thread is somehow hallowed ground again.

The reason why people originally brought the news to this thread was because the hype was ambiguous and sudden and no other part of the forums was paying attention. The success of AL, regardless of its origin or relation to Tf proper, will have an effect on Tf going forward, and I think that's worth discussing itt if people want to. If you don't like it then don't respond to it, but I don't see how it's a detriment when the thread was already dead except for a few of us still playing and posting.

Yeah, I'm sure Respawn isn't automatically assuming it will be a success though they seem confident in their product. A million people in 1 day with no prior marketing is nothing to sneaze at, and if that expands their base for future projects then great.

Ok

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

If AL is the lovely game needed to keep blood in the veins for future projects, then praise be to it. But with so much writing on the wall it's hard being optimistic, doubly so when EA is involved.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

EA hoping for a 3 billion dollar comeback.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Xarbala posted:

EA hoping for a 3 billion dollar comeback.

EA would be fine with 3% or less of that, but everybody buys lottery tickets. :shrug:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CRAYON posted:

What exactly does it do a poor job communicating?

Teammates are chattering about vital stuff like non-stop, what other audio cues do you need? I would describe all of the hud stuff the opposite of sloppy. Seems quite polished actually.

I'm not talking about player interaction. I find it very hard to keep track of where enemies are via audio cues (footsteps, gunfire etc), which is traditionally super important in this type of game, and enemies also tend to blend into the very busy backgrounds way more than I'm used to. I just find it really hard to tell wtf is going on compared to other BR games.

The HUD stuff might be fine after you get used to it but I find it pretty confusing tbh.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Apex got me to reinstall both origin and Titanfall 2, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. No matter what happens, this is nothing but good news for Titanfall.

People who actually expected a Titanfall 3 after both 1 and 2 were huge financial failures were just deluding themselves tbh

see, like this guy

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

panda clue posted:

Apex got me to reinstall both origin and Titanfall 2, and I can't imagine I'm the only one. No matter what happens, this is nothing but good news for Titanfall.

People who actually expected a Titanfall 3 after both 1 and 2 were huge financial failures were just deluding themselves tbh

see, like this guy

The delusion is calling 6-8 million copies sold vs the hope of 10 million a "huge financial failure."

You just a dope.

Titanfall 3 is in development. Suck on my robotic beanpole, you filthy squab.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I want to believe you, but I think devs stating multiple times now that it's not isn't particularly reassuring.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Which dev? Zampella's statements, and the contractual agreements surrounding the Respawn acquisition contradict whatever tweet you're referring to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I don't mind what they release or if they do lootboxes with Apex Legends. I kinda like it but I don't see myself playing it more than 20-30 mins a week tops.

I want Tit and fall 3 like everyone else but I'm not going to blame them if Apex prints money (or not) and we never get what we want because I'll have plenty of quality videogames so play.

What we can actually do is to play more Titanfall 2 in both PC and PS4! I'd love to play some F_D or whatever.