Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Plan on running a mafia-like or mafia game in the next few months, be in the meantime, have 2 spots left for my regular SAS BYOGM NBA sim game, can read about it here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3880912, basically a draft your own team + keeper league sim game with $25 amazon gift card given to the winner each season/year, so if you're into the NBA, check it out and read and see if you're interested, again, 2 spots left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

i am being hypn..otize..d

i wil..l buy... taste... ketchu...p ...and... chic...en...frie...s

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I guess El Dorado is too old of a series for people to want to join anymore.

All these young kids and their newfangled games fill up first.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I legit didn't know games were queueing until i went to add mine to votefinder, didn't mean to step on yall :(

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I legit didn't know games were queueing until i went to add mine to votefinder, didn't mean to step on yall :(

The return of the dreaded queue proposal is at hand

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
something something big game queue

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

bowmore posted:

something something big game queue
The only tyrannical government I've ever successfully overthrown.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

For my part I keep skipping games because they're all like 20+ players. I can barely keep track of what's going on in a 13 player, once it gets past 18 I'm pretty much not going to bother.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Retro Futurist posted:

For my part I keep skipping games because they're all like 20+ players. I can barely keep track of what's going on in a 13 player, once it gets past 18 I'm pretty much not going to bother.

I agree with this, I've been signing up for bigger games recently and it's honestly more work than it's worth for the first half of the game. Let's bring back smaller, shorter games!!!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

George Kansas posted:

I agree with this, I've been signing up for bigger games recently and it's honestly more work than it's worth for the first half of the game. Let's bring back smaller, shorter games!!!

:yeah:

George Kansas Mafia, a game for 0 players, not open for buisness!!1

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Dunno who spelled tomb raider "tomb radyre" but they are dumb. Also dunno what a "tire binch" is.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

This but unironically

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I actually do have a 13 more or less ready to go, but I’ll give it a few days

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

11 person games are the sweet spot unless it's something awesome like Harry Potter, Civ, Cowboys

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You just wait till I get my soldiers game up

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I took a tablet so it shouldn't be too long

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I could always do another Sandman Game if people want something small and simple.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

more like the super BUST am i right????

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
super busb checking in

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

I guess El Dorado is too old of a series for people to want to join anymore.

All these young kids and their newfangled games fill up first.

Oh man, I can't do more than one game at once these days, but I totally miss the unique gold searching mechanics of El Dorado. Brings back memories.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lest ye be uninformed, there's still time to join the congregation.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Lest ye be uninformed, there's still time to join the congregation.

i am being hypn..otize..d

i wil..l buy... taste...ext...ra... ketchu...p ...and... chic...en...frie...s

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

now that the avatar service is down

how can i find my old avatars so i can bring back some personality to my posts

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ernie. posted:

The best way to do it is this:

Your avatar is currently hosted at https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/4f/84/00189414.0009.png. This means that (usually) changing the last number to 0001-0008.png will pull up your prior static avatars, while starting from 0001.gif onwards will show you your old .gif avatars.

The one you're looking for is here: https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/4f/84/00189414.0003.gif

edit: https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/4f/84/00189414.0004.gif is a bit bigger version of it actually

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Ernie. posted:

but that one has plenty of personality

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Podima posted:

The best way to do it is this:

Your avatar is currently hosted at https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/4f/84/00189414.0009.png. This means that (usually) changing the last number to 0001-0008.png will pull up your prior static avatars, while starting from 0001.gif onwards will show you your old .gif avatars.

The one you're looking for is here: https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/4f/84/00189414.0003.gif

edit: https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/4f/84/00189414.0004.gif is a bit bigger version of it actually

Sick, thanks Pod!

I had no idea that they were stored on SA's servers forever.

And more importantly, I had no idea that I had spent that much on avatars over the years.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Welcome! It's not 100%, I think there are some chunks of time when avatars weren't saved - I know others have tried that same method and reported that it didn't have all of their avatars. But regardless, the clapping cactus was saved and that's what counts!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Adus posted:

but that one has plenty of personality

i appreciate you sweet-talking me, adus

but dancing cactus is basically what i love seeing beside my posts and helps me keep my only-blow-up-once-every-three-games streak going!

i got bear when i wanted to hibernate a bit to remind myself that i'm too busy to play games on the internet

but now i'm way less busy so i don't need to have the reminder anymore :)

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
just turn avatars off

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

busb posted:

just turn avatars off

i see why you want people to do that...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

busb posted:

just turn avatars off

hm

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

when i first started playing mafia i was shamed for not having an avatar

i can't help it that i used my avatar money in the past to buy a dude MLP avatars because he would complain about it in guildchat in wow

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

when i first started playing mafia i was shamed for not having an avatar

i can't help it that i used my avatar money in the past to buy a dude MLP avatars because he would complain about it in guildchat in wow

It is I. I shamed you.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
any games recrootin?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

imgay posted:

any games recrootin?

mafia's dead you silly.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
=(

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

any games recrootin?
no but they are rootin and tootin

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pod is helping me work out some details for a small game, I might be able to post it by this weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

imgay posted:

any games recrootin?

Yes