Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTRjb-XkXTs

Is Ike and his boyfriend canon now? If they get married do all the Smash Bros. get invited to the wedding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'd be surprised if Nintendo made Ike being gay officially canon. (He totally is gay, but I just don't see Nintendo admitting it.)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Okay TR3 is officially benched forever. After using a glitch to warp under the ground so that I could get past a gate to pass the first freakin' level because of a key failing to be where it needed to be, I've been meandering through this absurdly long level that's filled with tons of lovely instant death traps. I know TR2 became a bit overly reliant on traps like that except this game rations saves and also expects the window for these traps to be super tight thanks to adding a sprint button so after dying to the same trap at least a dozen times after getting through a long platforming section because I have no saves this game can go gently caress itself.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to try, for the third time, to play Warframe. Hopefully the goons didn't lie to me about how good this is

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

I'm going to try, for the third time, to play Warframe. Hopefully the goons didn't lie to me about how good this is

It is good but join the goon clan cause it doesn't explain poo poo. They're supposed to be updating the new player experience eventually.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahah wwhat a suprise Disney is flipflopping on their poo poo again. What happen to the whole we would focus on making good games again?

Lol gently caress off.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is it better to smash the vast amounts of trash i'm picking up into ingredients or sell it for cold hard cash or neither?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm thinking of teaching myself video editing by making a longform Youtube critique of precisely why EA's approach to Star Wars games have gone so poorly

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

I'm thinking of teaching myself video editing by making a longform Youtube critique of precisely why EA's approach to Star Wars games have gone so poorly

It's because people expect at least some effort, which is anathema to EA.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shindragon posted:

Hahah wwhat a suprise Disney is flipflopping on their poo poo again. What happen to the whole we would focus on making good games again?

Lol gently caress off.

Marvel happened

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Real hurthling! posted:

Marvel happened

The funny thing was that was also including Marvel games. :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No i mean mahvel (vs capcom)

Taintrunner posted:

Do it, but imo it mainly boils down to preventing other studios from gaining market share by sitting on it and farting out a battlefield reskin

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

okay mr plinkett

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Phantasium posted:

Okay TR3 is officially benched forever. After using a glitch to warp under the ground so that I could get past a gate to pass the first freakin' level because of a key failing to be where it needed to be, I've been meandering through this absurdly long level that's filled with tons of lovely instant death traps. I know TR2 became a bit overly reliant on traps like that except this game rations saves and also expects the window for these traps to be super tight thanks to adding a sprint button so after dying to the same trap at least a dozen times after getting through a long platforming section because I have no saves this game can go gently caress itself.

I never beat the first stage of TR3 so my only experience is playing the demo a lot.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
sen's fortress is loving awful and people who say dark souls is good are all liars

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sen's fortress is great

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

corn in the bible posted:

sen's fortress is loving awful and people who say dark souls is good are all liars

It sounds to me like you didn't get good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sen's is very close to perfect. The bonfire should be a little bit harder to miss (but not completely impossible to miss, mind you) but otherwise it's exactly what it should be

Barudak
May 7, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

I dont like Sen's Fortress very much because of the hidden bonfire but Dark Souls is real loving good and its sequels and prequels arent as solid.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I went to a Goldeneye 007 party tonight (or “party”) but gently caress it was really fun, would recommend

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I went to a Goldeneye 007 party tonight (or “party”) but gently caress it was really fun, would recommend

This sounds ludicrously filthy and I dare not even ask you what an "Oddjob" is

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
heh, i went to a nightfire party tonight

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

make sure the thumbnail has you crossing your arms making a serious face with big outlined text saying "EA STILL $UX??"

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

Spent the evening playing Apex Legends (ugh that name) and it's actually fun as gently caress? I feel like it makes a ton of smart updates to the formula.

Just being able to revive teammates is huge. I revived a guy on my team when there were only 4 total people remaining, turning a 1v3 into a 2v3. It keeps death from being frustrating and instead you're waiting to see if your teammates can turn the tables.

Hope people give it a chance. I know it's not Titanfall 3 but it still feels great to play and I feel like Respawn really put a lot into it.

I haven't and I will never play BR but the funny thing here is that a F2P game seems to be playable normally whereas the demo of a 7-year-development AAA game was a shitshow of epic proportions.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I've given advanced advanced notice to all my friends that I will be hosting a proper costumed Halloween party this year, and to start prepping their costume cause I'm going all out on mine :getin:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6EGK8CcsnQ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Was this a party where everyone gets together to do 4-player Goldeneye multiplayer on the N64 (License to Kill, Pistols only)? Because if so, hell yeah.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn gently caress me is Warframe rad as hell. A poor comparison but I feel like it's the Culture novels of videogames, at least aesthetically.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i'd settle for even being invited to a tomorrow never dies ps1 party tbh

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Graveyard Keeper is extremely chill and so far it's keeping me engaged better than Stardew Valley.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
hey so what the gently caress is with the Far Cry devs and hallucinogens?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The kids all like hallucinogens these days, I guess.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

Was this a party where everyone gets together to do 4-player Goldeneye multiplayer on the N64 (License to Kill, Pistols only)? Because if so, hell yeah.

Proximity-mines-only won the night

Barudak
May 7, 2007

James Woods Fan posted:

They want to do fantasy elements but are too cowardly to make Far Cry: Fantasy so this is their comprimise

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Taintrunner posted:

Goddamn gently caress me is Warframe rad as hell. A poor comparison but I feel like it's the Culture novels of videogames, at least aesthetically.

Just wait until you start doing the big story quests (semi-starting with Natah, really diving into the chaos with The Second Dream).

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pity every Starbomb song sounds the same, but cool graphics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5zL3FMyoq8

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

samus arin hanson

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

Pity every Starbomb song sounds the same, but cool graphics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5zL3FMyoq8

I've never hated anything more than this.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

James Woods Fan posted:

Far Cry 3 was popular so every Far Cry has to hit identical story beats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The alien buddies in HL2E2 are the chillest of bros :3: