Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The thought of exploring the world in the first tomb raider fills me with nostalgic glee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Cowcaster posted:

sorry for spamming the chat thread with solicitations for hot nioh tips from the gaming pros but this is all soulsborne stuff i would normally be spending 30 hours reading up on from a wiki but as we've established that's not really a resource here so i'm kind of rudderless

dude just play the videogame it's not a career choice

e: I definitely will say I liked Tomb Raider 4 a lot more than 2 but on the other hand I played them all, like, a decade ago :shrug:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

homeless snail posted:

name them so we can all make fun

i don't actually remember which is why i was asking the question!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

corn in the bible posted:

What if you're a twitch streamer

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

e: I definitely said I like Tomb Raider 4 a lot but on the other hand I played them all, like, a decade ago

that's how i like to play videogame

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Phantasium posted:

i don't actually remember which is why i was asking the question!

considering all you've got left is last revelation (which I do remember liking but I think was largely just considered more of the same), chronicles (terrible), and angel of darkness (worse than cancer), maybe just play other games.

or you could play the middle trilogy, those are fun

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

e: I definitely will say I liked Tomb Raider 4 a lot more than 2 but on the other hand I played them all, like, a decade ago :shrug:

so far better than 2 describes 1 so i'll still try it at some point.

as long as it's not a buggy mess, anyway

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Phantasium posted:

so far better than 2 describes 1 so i'll still try it at some point.

as long as it's not a buggy mess, anyway

If memory serves they wont get terribly buggy again until chronicles and then it becomes catastrophically buggy in Angel of Darkness

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The Longest Journey has incredible music. I never played the sequel games, tempted to though since I'm sure my laptop can actually run them now as they're like a decade old at this point.
Dreamfall is really great and Chapters, while the weakest of the three, is still quite good and gives the series the ending it needed.

TLJ is absolutely fantastic, I love it with all my heart.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 6, 2019

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/VGArtAndTidbits/status/1092790756702670850

I love this one

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Barudak posted:

If memory serves they wont get terribly buggy again until chronicles and then it becomes catastrophically buggy in Angel of Darkness

angel of darkness is just depressing

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i mean, nobody needed to tell me about angel of darkness, i think it'd be hard not to know how poo poo it was

though that makes it tempting to try just from a "just how bad was it?" angle.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Phantasium posted:

i mean, nobody needed to tell me about angel of darkness, i think it'd be hard not to know how poo poo it was

Its really bad, my dad who loved the series and wasn't shy of playing games he liked that might not be for everyone couldn't be bothered past the first level.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Phantasium posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtDCOjGPPFM

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*pours another 40 into the ever-growing pool of malt liquor on the floor for Star Wars 1313*

C-Euro posted:

We live in a world where Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse exists, so I question this headline.

E: actually that's a good chat thread flash poll- what is the best video game based solely on Disney IP? They have to have owned the IP when the game came out so no old Star Wars games.

Wasn't there a tie-in game for Tron Legacy that people liked a lot?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

C-Euro posted:

We live in a world where Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse exists, so I question this headline.

E: actually that's a good chat thread flash poll- what is the best video game based solely on Disney IP? They have to have owned the IP when the game came out so no old Star Wars games.

Unquestionably Aladdin.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

haveblue posted:

*pours another 40 into the ever-growing pool of malt liquor on the floor for Star Wars 1313*

There was Tron 2.0 which came out in about 2003 I think, that was good. Not sure about the movie tie-in though

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

oddium posted:

find What the Rock Is Cooking in a crate drop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnhLWD_tdJM

Barudak
May 7, 2007

haveblue posted:

Tron 2.0: Killer App was quite well liked but has no relation to Tron Legacy as that came out in 2010 and Tron 2.0 came out in 2003. Ok, well I guess the story has some relation because they're both based on the same rough idea that was probably percolating in different forms for years at Disney.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I liked the movie sequel to Tron and am looking forward to the 3rd film.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

tron backwards is nort. this is all i have to contribute to this discussion

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tron Arcade is also... interesting and who remembers the mod for Half-Life called Ricochet that was just Tron disc combat but not copyright infringing that valve pushed the poo poo out of until everyone played Counter-Strike.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Looked it up and yeah, I merged two separate games there. There was a tie-in game for Legacy (Tron Evolution) but it wasn't very good. Tron 2.0 was the one people liked but it had nothing to do with the movie.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

oh gently caress tron 3 is gonna be a kh tie-in

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

I can't believe Tron got norted

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFXYuw96d0c

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm disgusted no one posted the correct answer to this question though which is Dance Dance Revolution: Disney Mix* which features everything Disney is known for; pulse pounding club beats, dancing, and Mickey Mouse loving attacking the turntable.

*Also known as Dancing Stage featuring Disney's Rave which is a loving amazing name I can't believe Disney approved

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

I'm just really glad they always wanted to have him sit down and chat to a lonely dude

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Looper posted:

oh gently caress tron 3 is gonna be a kh tie-in

KH2 already had a Tron world tho

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Still partial to Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers and Ducktales

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Darkwing Duck is a good Megaman style action platformer.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Samuringa posted:

KH2 already had a Tron world tho

Holy poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Ikgq__VCI

"Let me talk to Rinzler, Quorra!"

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Darkwing Duck is a good Megaman style action platformer.

Uses the Megaman engine too!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chip and dales was good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Goomba Steve: Godammit, these projections are grim. Block production is down 75%!
Goomba Fred: Sorry, boss. Some rear end in a top hat keeps breaking them.
Goomba Steve: Tell me that we're still on set to hit our monthly mushroom targets.
Goomba Fred: ...He keeps eating the mushrooms.
Goomba Steve: That monster.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Surprising literally everyone, Apex Legends is fantastic.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its ok. Best in a diseased class

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

Its ok. Best in a diseased class

Being free and having remarkably stable servers helps

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's kind of like how when someone talks about how something's the greatest survival game or greatest jrpg or greatest mmo ever made, that's great and all but i just have no interest whatsoever

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i heard your characters have ults

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

Who told you that? They get worse until the upgraded versions of the first few games then they get bad again then they get good in the reboot for one game then bad again.

Basically if the tomb raider you are playing isnt the first or second in its respective line its probably garbage.

TR1 is good, 2 is ok, 3 is kinda interestingly bad imo, 4 is good because it's basically just "hey the mummy was real popular so let's ape that" and it did a good job of it, dunno poo poo about chronicles other than hearing it is bad, the one on the gameboy was a decent prince of persia clone from what I've heard, I played a tiny tiny bit of angel of darkness and lmao at them deciding to make it so that you needed to have rpg progression in how you do your acrobatics in a game series that is very centered around knowing exactly what you can and can't do in order to navigate platforming puzzles, and also lol at them just killing off von croy for basically no reason other than "hey he's a character that exists" when he's arguably one of the more interesting TR characters from the series (although that may be because of him showing up in more than 1 game and seeming to have some form of character development), then the Legend -> Anniversary -> Underworld series was good, the co-op game was good (guardian of light, idk how the other one was though since I never hear anyone talk about it), there's some arcade game I saw once and the most I could say was "huh, I didn't know tomb raider had an arcade game" and it is probably just a rail shooter or something, and lara croft go is a neat puzzle game that distills some of the tomb raider experience down into a puzzle game format.