Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
anyone on PS4 who wants to throw down TF2 add captain__beans (yea that’s two underscores)

quote if you’re down to do cool pilot poo poo

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Feb 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

The delusion is calling 6-8 million copies sold vs the hope of 10 million a "huge financial failure."

You just a dope.

Titanfall 3 is in development. Suck on my robotic beanpole, you filthy squab.

ok :allears:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I like Apex Legends, but I would really like TF3 too. At this point I really don't care/want a single player campaign all that much. Yes, the TF2 one was great, but it's not the main draw for me. I'd be happy with a TF3 that's multiplayer only.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I can still find Frontier Defense matches pretty fast in TF2, game still owns.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm still yet to play this with either Guillermus or the Bear dude. If you see Nude_Tayne_ on, just shoot me an invite I'm more than happy to play this or some of that Apex.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Allright, kids. Are you ready for thrills, chills and kills?

Must I say that everytime? Yes. Yes I must.

Apex just made me launch TF2 again. Let's do this!

(I'll throw invites whenever I see you online, no matter what game you are playing!)

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

The delusion is calling 6-8 million copies sold vs the hope of 10 million a "huge financial failure."

You just a dope.

Titanfall 3 is in development. Suck on my robotic beanpole, you filthy squab.

I thought estimates were 4 million?

Let's be realistic here. Game probably broke even at two million sales. EA isn't in the business of just breaking even though. I'm guessing they expect a ROI of 400% or more on a product. If a game series can't hit that roi target they have no financial obligation to keep investing in it.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Mr.Citrus posted:

I thought estimates were 4 million?

Let's be realistic here. Game probably broke even at two million sales. EA isn't in the business of just breaking even though. I'm guessing they expect a ROI of 400% or more on a product. If a game series can't hit that roi target they have no financial obligation to keep investing in it.

I looked it up because I didn't believe the 6-8 number, and 4 million was indeed the figure in 2017. I'm guessing he assumed it somehow sold double that in the last 2 years, which is uhhhh... not typically how game sales work.

4 million is actually more impressive than I expected, though. But you're probably exactly right - it wasn't enough of a ROI for EA to give a poo poo in a world where Fortnite exists.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

For EA it's not a world where fornite exists, it's FIFA. That made as much ( maybe more) than fornite, but you rarely see news articles talking it about it.

Be coldly realistic here.

Product A takes 120 million to make and advertise, and returns 240 million in revenue and this products development cycle is 1-2 years.

Product b takes 120 million to make and returns 3,000 million each year and this products development cycle is 9 months to a year.

Which do you think will earn a yearly investment?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
That's bad math though because late 2000s - early 2010s Activision was notorious for putting profitable franchises on too-short release schedules and spiking their sales into the dirt

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
I've been on and off on TF2 PS4 here and there. It seems weekends are pretty healthy at like 3-4 thousand people and during the week late night easterns 2kish. Regardless I'm always down for some tits and falls. GT = Kithyen.

Kithyen fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 6, 2019

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

That's bad math though because late 2000s - early 2010s Activision was notorious for putting profitable franchises on too-short release schedules and spiking their sales into the dirt

I don't see how Activision applicable here or how my napkin math is bad.....

Severedseven
Jun 6, 2007

Heavy and light
Is there wall running in apex? If not count me in on playing more titan fall 2 on ps4 if anyone is interested.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Mr.Citrus posted:

I don't see how Activision applicable here or how my napkin math is bad.....

Bitter experience shows that yearly franchises don't retain their initial profitability. Sorry I muddled the point. Your math is fine, agreed.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Hey guys: Did you know that Titanfall 2 is a very fun shoot mans game with GIANT ROBOTS? It's true!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Lumpy posted:

Hey guys: Did you know that Titanfall 2 is a very fun shoot mans game with GIANT ROBOTS? It's true!

:hmmyes:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shite 'n' Ball Poo.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Lumpy posted:

drop a titan on it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Shite 'n' Ball Poo.

Dropping a titan on dis

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

wait why did we all stop playing Titanfall 2 again

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

A lot of people talked poo poo about it; goons proclaimed it dead on week one and decided to play overwatch and pubg instead.

I played 300 hours of this poo poo trying to keep the pilot lit (heh) while you fuckers were on vacation

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
This is the first FPS game I've really gotten into since my Halo days. Call of duty never stuck with me but TF2 ended up being everything I never knew I needed in an FPS (Giant robots, slide killing fools and wallrunning/jumping)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

My friends stopped playing it and they stopped releasing new content. I tried to get back into it a couple of times and got rekt. :( It's still a great game tho and one of the top FPS games of all time

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Because all our titans were maxed out and the player base fell off a cliff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

For me it was because Splatoon 2 came out

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Eventually I got tired of playing the same maps. If they ever did the impossible scenario of them adding custom maps I would absolutely still be playing it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I only stopped playing because, no matter how good a game is you gotta just move on at some point. Especially when you've seen all the content 10000 times and they aren't updating it and new games are coming out. I played it regularly for a year and a half though. It's probably my #2 most played game ever next to The Last of Us. Easily put probably 3 or 400 hours in. Felt like enough.

I tried to go back a few times recently, but I got so rusty I wasn't having that much fun. I really can't just leave a MP game for months and enjoy myself by playing periodically.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 7, 2019

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

A lot of people talked poo poo about it; goons proclaimed it dead on week one and decided to play overwatch and pubg instead.

I played 300 hours of this poo poo trying to keep the pilot lit (heh) while you fuckers were on vacation

344 hours here, keep up the good work comrade! :hfive:

I did take a break for a while after Doom 2016 and TF2 because I was feeling a bit burnt out on shooters in general but I always come back and I always wonder why I ever stopped because it's so drat good. I've played the campaign like three times and maxed out every Titan in frontier defense and stuff but I still love it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

We had a PS messages groups and were coordinating games a bit here and there but then eventually any time someone asked about a game a handful of people would leave the chat, and then there was none...

gently caress Titanfall 2 is so drat good. It’s not like it’s long but I have nostalgia for its niche release and larger player base

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Are they still running custom playlists? When they did the spicy bois one that was pretty fun

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

We had a PS messages groups and were coordinating games a bit here and there but then eventually any time someone asked about a game a handful of people would leave the chat, and then there was none...

gently caress Titanfall 2 is so drat good. It’s not like it’s long but I have nostalgia for its niche release and larger player base

Is a PS message group the same thing as these PS communities they have now?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Blisk slapping that Apex card gave me a good laugh.

https://gfycat.com/ElectricNegligibleAsiandamselfly

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Despite the saltiness there have been a lot of great reaction gifs and memes made

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Wazzit posted:

:golfclap:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Wazzit posted:

:discourse:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Hey I think it’s stupid for this to be a titan fall and apex thread because nobody’s gonna talk about titan fall because lunatics on the internet love free brs.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bogart posted:

Hey I think it’s stupid for this to be a titan fall and apex thread because nobody’s gonna talk about titan fall because lunatics on the internet love free brs.

There's also an actual Apex thread lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bogart posted:

That's my bad. I asked for a thread title change before much had been revealed and VideoGames was on forums vacation at the time so it came through late. Fortunately the Apex hype has sort of helped to boost the titanfall chat. We'll see what happens with these supposed upcoming Titanfall reveals they promised.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'm still yet to play this with either Guillermus or the Bear dude. If you see Nude_Tayne_ on, just shoot me an invite I'm more than happy to play this or some of that Apex.

Sorry man, I saw you on when I was playing Apex. I'll get TF 2 reinstalled tonight!

Lumpy posted:

Lumpy spitting the truth.

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

That's my bad. I asked for a thread title change before much had been revealed and VideoGames was on forums vacation at the time so it came through late. Fortunately the Apex hype has sort of helped to boost the titanfall chat. We'll see what happens with these supposed upcoming Titanfall reveals they promised.

Word. Fair enough. I’m enjoying frontier defense again tho if anyone wants to ps4 it.