Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also if you want to read an article in the Breitbart/Gateway Pundit voice but about recruiting class rankings

https://gigemgazette.com/2019/02/04/recruiting-bias-texas-ridiculous/

Do other states have equivalents to Aggie jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm pretty sure almost all "constitutional carry" people have some sort of disqualifying thing in their past and should to a man not be allowed to own weapons at all. But I suppose that's why it's kinda fringe even among gun weirds.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Starting to think communism might not win

quote:

The demands read: “1. that you make a public acknowledgment and apology for the fact that you [Enoch] worked with a federal informant, 2. we also demand that you have members of PSL leave this protest, 3. we also demand that you put away all WWP propaganda or it will be taken from you.”

A Chicano militant could be heard saying, “Will you meet these demands? If you do not meet these demands, we will have to ask you to leave.”

“How exactly would you do that?” Enoch said. “Eat my rear end, that’s my demand.”

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Aggies aren't taking Abbott's SotS proposal to bring back the UT/A&M game
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3019182

What rude name is tsip supposed to stand for

Badger of Basra fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 7, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You mean t-sip? They just think that's a good own it's supposed to mean while they were off fighting wars UT people were sitting at home sipping tea. They also only ever call it t.u. instead of UT. These are not bright people.

Here's a whole loving wikipedia page about A&M slang, all of which I know because the mall sold T-shirts with all this poo poo on it.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

zoux posted:

Aggies aren't taking Abbott's SotS proposal to bring back the UT/A&M game
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3019182

hahaha

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

You mean t-sip? They just think that's a good own it's supposed to mean while they were off fighting wars UT people were sitting at home sipping tea. They also only ever call it t.u. instead of UT. These are not bright people.

Here's a whole loving wikipedia page about A&M slang, all of which I know because the mall sold T-shirts with all this poo poo on it.

Getting shot by the hun, to own the libs

edit: also I just read all of these and died of second hand embarassment

Badger of Basra fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 7, 2019

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I'm shook.

https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1093318411600437255

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Texas A&M has done a lot for civil rights by being the incredibly guilty defendent in many court cases

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1093382796305936385

Lol way to go collective numbnuts. Hmm is this El Chapo or basically-a-Republican Congressman

To be fair that could be loving Bigfoot and you couldn't tell.

Speaking of morons
https://twitter.com/KHOU/status/1093363785912537088

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 7, 2019

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I went to UT and the only rivalry anyone there actually cared about was with Oklahoma, so it's funny to see Aggies get all worked up.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Reminder that David Whitley, the bumbling nominee for Texas Secretary of State, is in front of Senate Nominations today which is 4-3 R/D split oh and one of the R's is Seliger. Also he needs 2/3s in the Senate anyway to get approved so the man is doomed. Kirk Watson is on this committee and I remember watching him meticulously take apart young-earth creationist and national embarrassment Don McElroy during his confirmation hearing for chair of the SBOE years and years ago (he did not get confirmed). Should be fun.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Is the 2/3 requirement in the constitution, or is it a rule the Senate could change like the threshold for bringing up bills?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

Is the 2/3 requirement in the constitution, or is it a rule the Senate could change like the threshold for bringing up bills?

Article 4 section 12 baybee

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

It'll go nowhere, but lol at this guy anyway

https://twitter.com/Motor1com/status/1093225153297817601

:thermidor:

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 7, 2019

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I've bought two cars and paid less than half that for both combined.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

No Safe Word posted:

same but for four cars

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

What time is Whitley’s hearing?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
We should just get rid of the front plate requirement all together.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

What time is Whitley’s hearing?

It was at 9, it's over now.

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 7, 2019

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

It was at 9, it's over now.

Oh, was there anything interesting?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Not particularly. Dude was extremely cautious. Seliger seems skeptical so he may not get out of committee.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dameius posted:

We should just get rid of the front plate requirement all together.

Nah, it serves a purpose. Every developed country and most US states require it, and that's probably the way it should stay.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Does it help cops? Yes. Thus...

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I’m going to the San Antonio DSA meeting tonight. If any of y’all are also going, feel free to PM me or whatever. :)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

I’m going to the San Antonio DSA meeting tonight. If any of y’all are also going, feel free to PM me or whatever. :)

TROT

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

edit: sadly I am not in San Antonio or anywhere else civilized

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Your jargon is lost on me, I just wanna hang out with leftists and protest poo poo man.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

No Safe Word posted:

I have a fancy car and don't have a front license plate and welcome this legislator looking out for my interests.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Trip report: A San Antonio DSA member presented a plan to pressure San Antonio’s government to be more aggressive on climate change. The attending crowd was about 20 people and they were enthusiastic and receptive. It was officially a DSA meeting but three of them were there. It was good!

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I see so many cars without front license plates on a daily basis that I assumed it was not required.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Comrayn posted:

I see so many cars without front license plates on a daily basis that I assumed it was not required.

As with many things, cops only enforce it when they suspect they can get you for something more. And if you're white you'll probably just get a warning, and if you're not you'll probably get the ticket because they're mad they pulled you over and didn't get to shoot at you.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Comrayn posted:

same

speaking of the cops, lmao

https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/status/1093727281141501952

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

My wife had the local news on while getting ready this morning and they mentioned the latest development in this (one of the cops "relieved of duty" aka on paid leave). What pissed me off is how they referred to it as "the deadly shooting incident in which five HPD officers were injured" because the injured cops are the tragedy here. No need to mention they got injured after they busted into an innocent man's house unannounced and blew away his dog, killing him and his wife for their trouble.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Comrayn posted:

My wife had the local news on while getting ready this morning and they mentioned the latest development in this (one of the cops "relieved of duty" aka on paid leave). What pissed me off is how they referred to it as "the deadly shooting incident in which five HPD officers were injured" because the injured cops are the tragedy here. No need to mention they got injured after they busted into an innocent man's house unannounced and blew away his dog, killing him and his wife for their trouble.

Excuse me sir, there was weed in the house.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol yea that was such a clusterfuck, glad that cop union toad man started shouting about how he was gonna COME FOR the people who insult cops right after it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1093974027524325383

That's gonna be a big ole jackoff session, though I don't know if Abbott has the kind of paraplegia where your dick don't work (hopefully he does)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1093974027524325383

That's gonna be a big ole jackoff session, though I don't know if Abbott has the kind of paraplegia where your dick don't work (hopefully he does)

Trump is so angry that near every republican and democrat and actual person working the border in El Paso have said 'uh no crime rates were actually low before the wall and actually have risen a small amount since after' so he has to do this poo poo

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
One of sen whitmires interns is on the potential non citizens list from the SoS. Whitley is done lmao. Fall on the sword for daddy abbott

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TropicalCoke posted:

One of sen whitmires interns is on the potential non citizens list from the SoS. Whitley is done lmao. Fall on the sword for daddy abbott

Oh he might not even get out of committee. Seliger and Kolkhorst were both pretty cool on him.

Also, the Gov's office has reason to be mad at him for loving this whole scheme up.