Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

the khajiit super back when are from the ehlofney (not looking up how to spell this) that eventually became mer but were changed they're not...exactly mer but the root is there

argonians are sui generis because the hist predates well, everything, and made them. technically anything or race could be made into an "argonian"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I'm new to the game, bought it ages ago but haven't played past level 5. I'm recreating my skyrim char after bouncing off my other ideas once I slogged through char creation and saw them in newbie action. So I'm dead set on: Orc, 2h weapon primary, blacksmithing (eventually), and wearing mostly heavy armor (transmogging to it is fine if this game works that way). Dual wield, 1h+sword, bow all fine as secondaries and to mix it up. Am I safe as a dragonknight or would one of the others be a better fit? I don't like sorc lightning form so I'm mostly looking at the others.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Better off doing Stamina Templar, in medium armor. Heavy armor is rear end for dealing damage.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

you can use the outfit maker to look like you're wearing heavy armor but yeah think of the armor types as light =Magicka dps, medium=stamina dps, heavy= tanking

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

bagrada posted:

I'm new to the game, bought it ages ago but haven't played past level 5. I'm recreating my skyrim char after bouncing off my other ideas once I slogged through char creation and saw them in newbie action. So I'm dead set on: Orc, 2h weapon primary, blacksmithing (eventually), and wearing mostly heavy armor (transmogging to it is fine if this game works that way). Dual wield, 1h+sword, bow all fine as secondaries and to mix it up. Am I safe as a dragonknight or would one of the others be a better fit? I don't like sorc lightning form so I'm mostly looking at the others.

While it's not perfectly optimal, you can absolutely play that exact build as a stamina DK and get poo poo done. Also, you have good taste.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I like using heavy armor on stamina DPS characters sometimes, but this is more for a solo play type of build where you're trying to be a one-man group. You kind of end up with a slower pace for combat; you don't kill stuff as fast but you can survive a lot longer. It's really a trade-off between more damage or more durability. More durability can sometimes pay off in a group if you don't have an amazing tank and/or healer, because you're taking some of the pressure off them if you can take a punch, but if you're doing any serious end-game stuff you probably want to go medium for stamina DPS.

In other news, my install ended up so hosed by the recent Steam issue that it is still, as of right now, about 10 hours of downloading away from being playable. loving Steam kept trying to download the files onto the wrong hard drive, and then running out of room and stopping. I finally got that straightened out by renaming all my other install folders to keep Steam from even finding them, and at that point I was two days into this poo poo and had to start over. And then at one point it downloaded half way, paused for some reason, then started over from the beginning again. Like I honestly don't know if I can ever play this game again, the way this poo poo is going. Somebody at Steam is really asking for bricks to be thrown in their direction.

Whoever I told several months ago that there's no harm in getting a Steam version of ESO, I sincerely apologize. There is harm! Don't do it!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks for the tips. I'm about done with the first area on the DK, I'll give templar a shot too and go with whichever feels more fun. I'm surprised at how populated everywhere is so far.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This game is basically free on Xbox right now. Does anyone know if the Xbox servers are a ghost town or not? Thinking of playing with a few friends.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
This game is absolute trash on console. I played from console launch June 2015 until Dec 2016 and went to PC and left flawless conquerer trial skinned nearly 700 CP toons and 10 million plus in the bank. Every month i find more people who continue to flee Xbone. Don't do it.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The console version is a damned anchor around the neck of the PC version, too. Don't support it :argh:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Is there a big difference between doing all faction stories on one char (via Cadwells?) vs leveling up an alt of each faction instead?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What's the problem with the console version, aside from the normal everything being easier and more user friendly with a PC?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

bagrada posted:

Is there a big difference between doing all faction stories on one char (via Cadwells?) vs leveling up an alt of each faction instead?

You only have to do the main story quest and the whole final zone once instead of three times. And you get some bonus cosmetics for finishing Caldwells.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Coldforge posted:

The console version is a damned anchor around the neck of the PC version, too. Don't support it :argh:
FF14 finally stopped supporting the PS3 last expansion and it really helped.

That's not a typo, either.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55715

Godspeed to wherever Lawrence goes, I hope they let him keep that scroll.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

uhhhhhhhhh poo poo that's real bad news

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So i begrudgingly have to admit to myself that i somewhat kinda enjoy the stealthy gameplay a little bit (after previously being VERY salty about the Thieves Guild)

I have started leveling Ledgermain, DB, Thieves Guild and getting thievery related passives, as well as leveling up Medium Armor for -detection radius%

Which brings me to gear:

I currently use 3x Night Terror for 2 meter detection radius and 5x Night's Silence so i can run while stealthed.
Are there any other useful set with similar bonuses?
I know about Shadow Dancer (Alternative to Night's Silence) and Night Mother's Embrace (Alternative to Night Terror)

What about other things, like consumables?
I have alchemy maxed, and have a stack of Invisibility potions

And finally, it looks like the actual classes don't have anything to make stealthy gameplay easier, not even Nightblade (ok they do have a 2,5 second invis) so it seems i am safe with being a Templar while playing stealthy gameplay? Or am i missing out on something big that i failed to notice while glancing through the various class skills?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

nightblade on paper would be best because you get on demand invis and a morph that let's you run while in stealth but pots will last longer and you can use a set (or vampire) for the running while stealthed thing

you can stack night terror and NME also (this also stacks with khajiit passives bonuses, and bosmer but iirc those are going away with upcoming race changes)

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Nightblade's invisibility move offers utility beyond just being an "oh poo poo" button. You can morph it so it buffs your next attack... so you hit it right before you strike, which makes it much easier to sneak up on a dude anyway, then you hit like a truck with your first attack. You can one-shot most mobs with this. It's also got no long cooldown, you can pretty much spam it until they stop looking for you.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Ineptitude posted:

So i have to admit that i am absolutely in love with the stealthy gameplay

<snip>

What about other things, like consumables?

The last passive vampire skill also lets you ignore the movement penalty when crouched, clearly the best passive in the game.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Kinda funny housing trolling https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/450508/our-eso-houses-are-being-vandalized-can-someone-please-help-us

E- anyone know how much the tel Galen house is going to be?

Snowy fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 7, 2019

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Probably 15-17,000 crowns, unless they offer an anniversary discount.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Here's hoping it's closer to 15.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Y'all are way off :lol:

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Morrowind going half off tomorrow for the event. Collector's pack on sale too. Might finally buy myself the gray bear.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

More than happy to be wrong if that's the price it returns at.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

if its that low i may actually have sub crowns saved up enough for it since i havent spent crowns in....awhile, since like maybe around or before murkmire

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Is there any player housing that tops Sleek Creek for free fast travel proximity to a wayshrine, crafting, banks etc? Another plus would be minimal loading screens so most crafting stations and bank are open air. I have been extremely lazy and spent the recall fee every time I need to travel to a city, up until a friend of mine got Sleek Creek which is pretty conveniently located/only one load screen from most everything I want.

I have the giant Summerfell cathedral thing and it's so comically big that I'm not really interested in trying to make it look lived in. I barely ever go there except to hang a trophy now and then.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
For a quick and easy way to make it look lived in I suggest making a large pile of lumber outside of your front door.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

egyptian rat race posted:

Is there any player housing that tops Sleek Creek for free fast travel proximity to a wayshrine, crafting, banks etc? Another plus would be minimal loading screens so most crafting stations and bank are open air. I have been extremely lazy and spent the recall fee every time I need to travel to a city, up until a friend of mine got Sleek Creek which is pretty conveniently located/only one load screen from most everything I want.

I have the giant Summerfell cathedral thing and it's so comically big that I'm not really interested in trying to make it look lived in. I barely ever go there except to hang a trophy now and then.

Sleek Creek House is the single most conveniently located house, I think. I'm also a fan of The Ample Domicile, which is really close to the crafting area in Stormhold, which is almost but not quite as compact and conveniently laid-out as Rawl'kha.

If you want a more traditional looking house and don't mind not having a yard, there's also House of the Silent Magnifico (Sentinel), Grymharth's Woe (Windhelm), and Cliffshade (right outside Marbruk).

Most convenient apartments are Sister of the Sands apartment (Sentinel) and Flaming Nix Deluxe Garrett (Mournhold). Mournhold is the only one of these with better guild trader options than Rawl'kha, and I'd like it as a "hometown" if I didn't get lost trying to find the bank every loving time.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 7, 2019

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Aramek posted:

For a quick and easy way to make it look lived in I suggest making a large pile of lumber outside of your front door.

I turned the outside area into a flea market-type deal with all of my extra furniture/paintings/plants piled up.

Also, along w/ the Morrowind event they're doing an ESO+ trial, so if you're not subbed now's the time to grab free stuff, fill your craft bag, and dye your costumes.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The poverty mansion got turned into my home base, got all my crap set up there now. Used to be over at Domus Phrasticus, but it got too small.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

count_von_count posted:

I turned the outside area into a flea market-type deal with all of my extra furniture/paintings/plants piled up.

Also, along w/ the Morrowind event they're doing an ESO+ trial, so if you're not subbed now's the time to grab free stuff, fill your craft bag, and dye your costumes.

These trials are awesome for scrubs like me who just buy crowns on sales and trot along unsubbed. Going berzerk this weekend on my houses, bags and outfits.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

When the trial ends does your crafting bag get emptied or do you just lose the ability to add to it?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

RudeCat posted:

When the trial ends does your crafting bag get emptied or do you just lose the ability to add to it?

The latter, can still take stuff out just can't put more in.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Oh poo poo that's really good

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Just noticed that eso+ is very nicely discounted on steam, 3 months being half price and 6 months even less. Does it work with the regular non-steam game? I'm definitely not reinstalling the entire thing, half price or not.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

valuum posted:

Just noticed that eso+ is very nicely discounted on steam, 3 months being half price and 6 months even less. Does it work with the regular non-steam game? I'm definitely not reinstalling the entire thing, half price or not.

I would also like to know this

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm reinstalling to try out the free membership. Is Warden still the best healer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Blast of Confetti posted:

I'm reinstalling to try out the free membership. Is Warden still the best healer?

Was warden ever the best healer? I think templar is still best, but warden is a very close 2nd (and in some places probably preferred) because of their synergies/buffs.