Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

I was thinking of amazing stories or whatever those pulp comics were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Why don't they look?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
https://twitter.com/DocThompsonShow/status/530697492636393472

https://twitter.com/DocThompsonShow/status/820412186443055108

https://twitter.com/DocThompsonShow/status/768616123948421120

https://twitter.com/DocThompsonShow/status/458195535216668672

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/docthompsonshow/status/768616123948421120
https://twitter.com/apcentralregion/status/1093289825644564480?s=21

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Seriously, I'm confused about the Lineham tweet. Does he hate GG because he's one of those people who really hates video games?

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

life comes at you fast choo choo

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

Mr Interweb posted:

Seriously, I'm confused about the Lineham tweet. Does he hate GG because he's one of those people who really hates video games?

he's a hypocritical bigot

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

:trumppop:
:perfect:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Ague Proof posted:

that's unfortunate

The answer is "a train".

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

:holymoley:

Mr Interweb posted:

This guy's only been on my radar since the trans charity stream thing but he definitely seems like one of those "EXTREMELY MALE FEMINIST ALLY" types, who only support feminism when it doesn't personally offend them at all.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
how ironic, he complained about the victim gravy train and then a train turned HIM into gravy

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

Chillgamesh posted:

This guy's only been on my radar since the trans charity stream thing but he definitely seems like one of those "EXTREMELY MALE FEMINIST ALLY" types, who only support feminism when it doesn't personally offend them at all.

he's a terf because it provides him a pool of women he feels safe attacking

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Al ! posted:

he's a terf because it provides him a pool of women he feels safe attacking

Yeah that's what I mean. "WOMEN'S RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS, also by the way this group of people exist outside my personal definition of women therefore gently caress them"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Mr Interweb posted:

trans-exclusionary radical feminist

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

these are great

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I mean, I get that he's a terf, but I guess I'm still surprised because in my experience, most terfs also happen to be GG'ers

Al ! posted:

how ironic, he complained about the victim gravy train and then a train turned HIM into gravy

:lol:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Chillgamesh posted:

He's basically a feminist in the sense that he wants something to be pissed off about that he can get social cred for, just like every other TERF. Never mind that the facts that destroy that view can be understood by children and some dolphins

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Ague Proof posted:

trans-exclusionary radical feminist

Let's call him trans-exclusionary radical dudebro.

terd

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Al ! posted:

:hmbol:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
emily is correct

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why don't they look?

:golfclap:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Mr Interweb posted:

I mean, I get that he's a terf, but I guess I'm still surprised because in my experience, most terfs also happen to be GG'ers
He's a bit too old and is a bit too successful in real life to be into GG.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

in 99% of situations where people use "terf," it's more accurate to use "transphobe" instead. let's not reinvent the wheel here

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

in 99% of situations where people use "terf," it's more accurate to use "transphobe" instead. hth

fewer letters

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

this forum doesn't have a 280 character limit per post, who gives a poo poo about fewer letters unless you're lazy?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

feminism-appropriating reactionary transphobe

Serf
May 5, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

glinner was early on the gamergate thing, pushing back against them, but he always had some poo poo of his own to scrutinize, and then he turned out to be a massive terf

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

this forum doesn't have a 280 character limit per post, who gives a poo poo about fewer letters unless you're lazy?

i'm not saying i think it's a valid reason, just speculating

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Obviously there are a lot of lazy people here. And, presumably, people who like that you can make "TERF war" and "SWERF and TERF" jokes.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i thought linehan was just some random video game personality but apparently he was a writer for british comedy shows, including the IT Crowd. it's amazing how every single verified comedian on twitter has become completely broken

Spergin Morlock posted:

i'm not saying i think it's a valid reason, just speculating
i'd say that's true but people used "transphobe" a lot on twitter before "terf" became the insult of choice :shrug:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

CuddleCryptid posted:

He's basically a feminist in the sense that he wants something to be pissed off about that he can get social cred for, just like every other TERF. Never mind that the facts that destroy that view can be understood by children and some dolphins

he cares so little about women generally that he called the women's march organisers traitors because they made a pro-trans statement

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

SpaceGoku posted:

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

SpaceGoku posted:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

congrats to his son

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
terf is better as a slur because it's single syllable and it also implies that the person in question is being a bad feminist

they're right that it's a slur, it's just a descriptive slur in the way calling someone a nazi is a descriptive slur

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
that said i wouldnt call like pjw or antman a terf, just a transphobe

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Al ! posted:

terf is better as a slur because it's single syllable and it also implies that the person in question is being a bad feminist
this assumes that the person in question is a feminist, but most of the time they're not, they're just plain ol' bigots. also lol at being too lazy to say an extra syllable

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Jose posted:

he cares so little about women generally that he called the women's march organisers traitors because they made a pro-trans statement

and 'handmaidens'

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

this assumes that the person in question is a feminist, but most of the time they're not, they're just plain ol' bigots. also lol at being too lazy to say an extra syllable

not lazy, it just sounds better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Yinlock posted:

congrats to his son