Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

d3lness posted:

Can somebody explain this weird autofallatio thing Bandai has with their products? Does the p-Bandai store exist just to get better profit margins?

According to Bandai toy executives, gundam fans only live in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
The actual biggest kick in the balls is that Gundam Base carries no P. Bandai product.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Yawgmoft posted:

The actual biggest kick in the balls is that Gundam Base carries no P. Bandai product.

That would sort of defeat the purpose of P Bandai if they did though.

They will be selling the V2 Assault Buster at the Victory exhibition this month though.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 7, 2019

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Yawgmoft posted:

They sometimes do though.

Not a full range but there is has been a second section to the right as you walk in that has gundam base limited and a small selection of P-Bandai kits.

Noticed this the last 2 out of 3 years I've been there around October, so it could be a special thing.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I wanted the HGBF Fenice Liberta and Mao gunpla from the BF movie, but alas only had money for the amazing z´gok and that was it. Praying for a reprint.

Thankfully this guy was not pbandai, I love it more than the Z

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ka0 posted:

I wanted the HGBF Fenice Liberta and Mao gunpla from the BF movie, but alas only had money for the amazing z´gok and that was it. Praying for a reprint.

Thankfully this guy was not pbandai, I love it more than the Z

I got lucky and found the Fenice Liberta at a convention store. It is a sweet kit, and a real pity it didn't get sla general release.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I picked up the RG Sazabi. That build was super fun (except for the part where it took 20 minutes to figure out that I couldn't get the back piece on because I hadn't fully seated the shoulder joint fml). Shame that the massive forearms get in the way of most of the weapon loadout tho.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Puddin posted:

They sometimes do though.

Not a full range but there is has been a second section to the right as you walk in that has gundam base limited and a small selection of P-Bandai kits.

Noticed this the last 2 out of 3 years I've been there around October, so it could be a special thing.

While the boxes are similar, they're probably event specials, usually clear versions and coatings, rather than PB releases.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

RillAkBea posted:

Ooh ouch. Bandai finally putting out RG Banshee's Armed Armor VN/BS but of course it's a P-Bandai.

https://p-bandai.jp/hobby/special-1000009986/

drat it. While I like Banshee Norn I'd really love the vibration nails too. Looks like it can do dynamic poses with them too, whereas the HG was a static pose and the MG only had rotation along one axis (and thus couldn't spread out the arms).

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

RillAkBea posted:

While the boxes are similar, they're probably event specials, usually clear versions and coatings, rather than PB releases.

Ahhh I see, my mistake!

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
Look what arrived in the mail today~

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Ka0 posted:

I have the other problem, I'll build and paint my kits but I hoard building supplies and paints.

I'm seeing a doctor on Wednesday

Good lord man

You remember when that goon posted pics of his 30K or so gun collection, and later some people broke in his house and stole 'em?

I'm just saying, I'm out here, watch out

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Ka0 posted:

I have the other problem, I'll build and paint my kits but I hoard building supplies and paints.

I'm seeing a doctor on Wednesday

My paint collection is at least double yours if that's any consolation.

I've made a conscious effort to stop caring about the colors being an exact match and just whittling down my paint supplies.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

OscarDiggs posted:

That's gonna be quite the stark contrast from the Gundam you put together before, but it should be a fun little trip for the price.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

OscarDiggs posted:

Obviously too late now to ensure you buy the most modern version, but if you're ever curious to see the improvements between old HGUC and modern HGUC, give this a look: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10310668

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
It's fine you gotta build like 50 Zakus to get your gunpla sommelier certificate anyway

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
As far as the test goes make sure to spit out the Zakus. You can swallow one or two but you're gonna have a real bad time otherwise

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Importing directly from Japan may be a bit of an issue. I don't want to end up having to pay any extra fees.

bingsu
Aug 10, 2017

OscarDiggs posted:

Importing directly from Japan may be a bit of an issue. I don't want to end up having to pay any extra fees.

Amazon has quite a lot of Gunpla for sale. They often don't have P-Bandai (and if they do it's at inflated prices) but most of the HGs, MGs, and RGs on there are at a decent price.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
That link was more for showing off the modern Char's Zaku II than giving you a purchase link. Here's the Amazon.com link: https://www.amazon.com/MS-06S-Chars...=HG+zaku+origin

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

OscarDiggs posted:

Granted I'm down in Australia, but I've never had to pay anything from buying stuff from Japan.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I could be completely wrong but I believe UK customs apply a 3.5% duty fee and then a 20% VAT charge to anything shipped from outside the EU. Importing can get costly here. One of the reasons I'm hesitant to try Hobbylink Japan and their virtual warehouse or whatever it's called.

If any of the UK goons in here have ordered from them before, I'd love to hear what your experience was like with them. I understand that people tend to use them for bulk orders, but the customs stuff scares me off.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Veotax posted:

I could be completely wrong but I believe UK customs apply a 3.5% duty fee and then a 20% VAT charge to anything shipped from outside the EU. Importing can get costly here. One of the reasons I'm hesitant to try Hobbylink Japan and their virtual warehouse or whatever it's called.

If any of the UK goons in here have ordered from them before, I'd love to hear what your experience was like with them. I understand that people tend to use them for bulk orders, but the customs stuff scares me off.

I can't remember what the exact limits are, but at the very least, if you're buying High Grades one at a time and you're not using tracked shipping, you'll be fine. I've bought larger packages in the past without getting charged the VAT and handling fees, but at that point it's down to luck (and waiting ages for stuff to arrive from Japan).

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

I've also been reliable informed that anything below £15 will more then likely just be waved through, so some of the cheaper hobbylink boxes may be doable, not counting the wait.

EDIT: And that new Char Zaku does look very nice.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
I finally finished my Eva-01 kit. I'll pose it and put it on a stand once I have the chance.

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Veotax posted:

Any commercial goods under 15GBP is in the clear. If its a gift under 45GBP is fine. Some ebay sellers and websites will mark it as a gift.

Duties only apply if its more than around 150GBP I believe.

The real annoying thing is if its over 15GP and under 150GBP you get an 8GBP + 20% VAT fee. I don't mind the VAT but the 8GBP fee is killer.

It tends to be applied fairly unevenly sometimes I've gotten away with a higher value parcel avoiding it, other times I've been 1GBP over and gotten hit with a 10GPB fee

Although with what gunpla prices are in the UK its probably worth the risk ordering from Japan.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I've had 200 Euro packages get through np, and 20 Euro ones get flagged. It's p much luck of the draw.
Agreed that I don't mind the VAT it's the flat fee of 13 Euro that is BS esp on smaller packages. Still cheaper than the limited resellers on average though.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Looks like we're gonna get all the Wing gundams in HG.

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1094068411036983296?s=19

It appears to be the TV version though which should be cool if they resist the urge to use stickers.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 9, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

It appears to be the TV version though which should be cool if they resist the urge to use stickers.

Hopefully that means we'll get the main gundams of other series too down the line :pray:.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

RillAkBea posted:

This is a trend I can get behind. Wing tv designs, yes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Come to think of it, you may as well assume there are EW versions getting released as well eventually - they're just variants on the TV designs, and you know how much Bandai loves to reuse molds.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I am very much salty about my MG options for Gundam Wing, specially the Zero. I'll take whatever comes.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

RillAkBea posted:

What happened to that image a few years ago where they teased all the EW gundams after wing got released? If they do follow through I won't complain, unless it's an insane amount of stickers or P-Bandai. Imagine getting cancer and pisces. Or a fully transforming taurus.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sazabi posted:

Imagine getting cancer

I'd rather not tbh

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

There's also this

Droyer posted:

I'd rather not tbh

It's fine there's already a Tallgeese kit too

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Sazabi posted:

What happened to that image a few years ago where they teased all the EW gundams after wing got released? If they do follow through I won't complain, unless it's an insane amount of stickers or P-Bandai. Imagine getting cancer and pisces. Or a fully transforming taurus.

Maybe the plan is TV HGs and then EW RGs later? They already have the Wing/Wing Zero done like that.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Zonekeeper posted:

Maybe the plan is TV HGs and then EW RGs later? They already have the Wing/Wing Zero done like that.

Yeah except for the part that it's been 3 years since the Wing got released and the Wing Zero was only a year or so before that. So we should have seen something else by now. Unless it's Wings anniversary coming up and they want a big announcement of like 5 different kits.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
P-Bandai megapack of RGs of all 5 of the boys.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sazabi posted:

The advertisement was for all five EW Gundam suits as RG kits using the same inner frame (theoretically meaning a short turnaround time between each), and they've just never followed through on it past the EW Wing Gundam :argh:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

EthanSteele posted:

P-Bandai megapack of RGs of all 5 of the boys.

As long as it's a full release in the US like the Avalanche Exia I am on board.