Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think Horikoshi was hungry.

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1092459498533343232

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Rouncer posted:

I'll be fine with all the additional quirks provided Deku starts trying to research who the other holders were and what their quirks did. If he gets nowhere I want to see at a minimum a bunch of panels of questioning Gran Torino and All Might as well as showing frustration that he knows generally what the previous holders looked like but can't figure out what the hell their quirks were. Nana's should definitely be known and discussed since even if All Might didn't know (which would be weird) Gran Torino must have.

Deku just waiting for the rest of them to erupt now that he has been told about them would feel incredibly out of character.

I hope he starts his research by trying to figure out who Black Whip guy is. He knows what he looks like and what his quirk is, but the guy never told Deku his name!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Mraagvpeine posted:

I bet one of them will be a shield type of quirk.

Finally, a Shield Hero that respects women and doesn't keep child slaves

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Hell, same

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
How is this man so crazy good at drawing hands and perspective and dynamic poses (when he's not being slammed by deadlines)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

How is this man so crazy good at drawing hands and perspective and dynamic poses (when he's not being slammed by deadlines)

He really likes drawing hands.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Horikoshi thinks hands are great at showing expression.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Mulderman posted:

Horikoshi thinks hands are great at showing expression.

He's pretty well convinced me.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Which is more impressive:

Jumping at full tilt eating from a plate of spaghetti with muscles with a fork

or

Eating a bowl of rice at full sprint with chopsticks

My money's on the plate of spaghetti. Gotta keep that poo poo on the plate and you just know those muscles are sliding around like crazy. Not to mention trying to actually eat them with a fork.

Todoroki get's no points, his meal's on a stick.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

maybe he caught and prepared the fish while running too

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Manatee Cannon posted:

maybe he caught and prepared the fish while running too

Ok that vastly changes things since the other two could not quirk-cook their respective meals.

Or at least not Ochaco, Bakugo could have like explodo-cooked his if he put the ingredients in some kinda bomb proof pressure cooker but still he’d need extra equipment.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mulderman posted:

Yeah, there are times where I feel fan translations handled certain lines better.
But at the very least, the official translation are consistent. Which counts for a lot.
Out of curiosity, do you have any examples? No criticism intended, I just like translations and Japanese is as interpretation-heavy a language as you can get so I'm interested.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/216/5661/1

YO

Are they going to have Monoma try to copy Eri's quirk, or what?!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Yay Shinso gets into the hero course!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Uraraka blushed so hard she turned blackface :stare:

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
uraraka why the blackface.....

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

drjuggalo posted:

uraraka why the blackface.....
VIRGINIA SMASH!!!

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
Incidental blackface aside, Uraraka was adorable this chapter. :kimchi:

Ashido was decidedly not. :gonk:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

bare bottom pancakes posted:

Incidental blackface aside, Uraraka was adorable this chapter. :kimchi:

Ashido was decidedly not. :gonk:

Mina is a shipping fiend.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

picture too

Mina not being the main character shows that Horishiki has no vision.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That was a good chapter. :3:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Here's the Jaimini's Box translation too:

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/216/page/1

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Does the ending mean that Monoma is going to copy Eri's quirk to heal Mirio?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not revealing what class Shinso will be in makes me think they’ll be shuffling the classes in the 2nd year.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
What if they put Monoma in 1-A? What would he do?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

KittenofDoom posted:

Does the ending mean that Monoma is going to copy Eri's quirk to heal Mirio?

Or perhaps when he called Midoriya's quirk a "dud" he revealed himself? Perhaps he's the traitor?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't think him calling it a dud is an indication of him being a traitor.

Monoma's quirk probably has limits on what it can copy; he's not really surprised to find out that he can't activate Midoriya's quirk two chapters ago.

I took it to mean that duds are just quirks that Monoma can't activate for some reason, and that this is not the first time he's failed to activate a quirk. So when he didn't get Midoriya's power boost, he just naturally assumed that Midoriya's quirk was something that he couldn't copy for one reason or another (OFA needs to be passed down willingly, so maybe it has a mechanism against being stolen or copied).

Though considering the nature of OFA, it is slightly possible that Monoma did activate it, but he, not knowing about the specifics of OFA, just thought it was a dud because he didn't get the power boost for a multitude of reasons.
1. Maybe he only copied one aspect of OFA (the passing down ability which is useless on its own).
2. Maybe he only copied the quirk itself and not the stockpiled strength (in which case it starts with no stockpiled strength and is therefore useless).

EDIT: Then again, Midoriya taking note of his use of the word dud might imply something else, who knows.

Or maybe it'll lead to Monoma being unable to copy Eri's quirk and explaining what duds are. Who knows.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
On the other hand, if he DID copy OfA, and then he copies Eri.......could this get potentially get really bad? Just trying to imagine if he could start storing/stockpiling powers as well. He'd be another big target.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

The reason it didn't work for Monoma is he didn't clench his butt, grit his teeth, and scream in his heart "SMAAAAAAASH" :ssh:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well, Hori's still dying. like 13-14 pages again so we probably missed the end of the class advisement or something like that.

Actually Tataba is too looks like- BC's latest chapter is like 13 pages.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Feb 7, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

RatHat posted:

Not revealing what class Shinso will be in makes me think they’ll be shuffling the classes in the 2nd year.

A class shakeup would be a terrible idea.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Fabricated posted:

Well, Hori's still dying. like 13-14 pages again so we probably missed the end of the class advisement or something like that.

Actually Tataba is too looks like- BC's latest chapter is like 13 pages.

Meanwhile, Oda just keeps chugging away. Man's not human, I swear.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oda also gets a regular rest week and has had 20 years to develop a good work flow. He is a complete Tezuka-tier workaholic though; that story from the Toriko mangaka about their friendship/rivalry early on is crazy.

I get this feeling that you're going to see far more Jump series that are a writer/artist combo because those seem to have far fewer output problems (Dr. Stone, Souma, Neverland, Ne0;lation, and I think one I'm forgetting...).

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Feb 7, 2019

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Man gets a week off to recover.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I think I like the MS translation better for Aizawa questioning Midoriya's black tentacle power. "What's your deal?" has a sort of exasperation that fits him better.
"What the hell was that" works well enough to get the same meaning but doesn't match his general mood as well.

I think that's a pretty common difference between the translations.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

It's not blackface, it's pinkface. Mina is right next to her, c'mon!

Also have another crop:

Chapter was cute & amusing then ended with a huge teaser. No complaints.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I don't think him calling it a dud is an indication of him being a traitor.

Monoma's quirk probably has limits on what it can copy; he's not really surprised to find out that he can't activate Midoriya's quirk two chapters ago.

I took it to mean that duds are just quirks that Monoma can't activate for some reason, and that this is not the first time he's failed to activate a quirk. So when he didn't get Midoriya's power boost, he just naturally assumed that Midoriya's quirk was something that he couldn't copy for one reason or another (OFA needs to be passed down willingly, so maybe it has a mechanism against being stolen or copied).

Though considering the nature of OFA, it is slightly possible that Monoma did activate it, but he, not knowing about the specifics of OFA, just thought it was a dud because he didn't get the power boost for a multitude of reasons.
1. Maybe he only copied one aspect of OFA (the passing down ability which is useless on its own).
2. Maybe he only copied the quirk itself and not the stockpiled strength (in which case it starts with no stockpiled strength and is therefore useless).

EDIT: Then again, Midoriya taking note of his use of the word dud might imply something else, who knows.

Or maybe it'll lead to Monoma being unable to copy Eri's quirk and explaining what duds are. Who knows.

Eh, if you think about it, there is loads of quirk Monoma can't really use when he copies them, because they require specialized knowledge or training to be usable. Like for example, Monoma would get nothing out of Momo's quirk, because he probably doesn't have knowledge about molecular structure of items that is needed to actually create things with her quirk. Or copying Suneaters/Sugarmans quirk without any source of animal meat/sugar nearby. All those quirk's would do nothing when used without necessary preparations, so they would also be "duds" from his perspective.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Midoria what is your deal? was the highlight of a bunch of good moments.

I'm glad this arc is over. I think it worked better as an idea than it ended up in reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Oops forgot this in my drafts I guess, but:

Rhonne posted:

This will eventually end with Uraraka learning the greatest hero movie of all: The Fastball Special.
:allears:
I eagerly await the day. You know he's gonna do it, he loves that kinda poo poo.

Re: this chapter.
Pinkie again confirmed for besto garl, oh yeah.