Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Should have been lower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I decided that Ski Jumping was a better use of my and my customer's time at one point.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao good

FlamingLiberal posted:

Should have been lower

:yeah:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How can it be the lowest scoring when 2009 was lower.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

euphronius posted:

Lowest SINCE 2009

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

euphronius posted:

"lowest scoring since 2009"

Emphasis mine, also what DJ said

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

euphronius posted:

I think he meant lowest that was broadcast by CBS

*edit* to the above posters, the tweet clearly says "CBS drew a 44.9 overnight rating for Patriots-Rams last night, which was lowest-scoring Super Bowl yet."

*2nd* edit maybe I'm retarded too, thats the score of the game, not the ratings LOL

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

euphronius posted:

he means points put up on the scoreboard although he structured his language poorly.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh scoring means points in the game not the rating

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah it's very goofy wording.

Basticle posted:

*2nd* edit maybe I'm retarded too, thats the score of the game, not the ratings LOL

Please don't use this word

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DJExile posted:

Please don't use this word

Highly agreed! Thanks and gods bless.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So the Vick story actually gets pretty interesting and it seems like he was leaking to Awful Announcing's Ben Koo

Deadspin posted:

Virk was reportedly given the boot because he leaked company info to the media, and when the Worldwide Leader investigated the source of those leaked secrets, he didn’t “fully cooperate.” Per Marchand’s follow-up report, which is essentially acting as a conduit for both ESPN and Virk to tell their sides, ESPN’s suspicions were raised by a Jan. 28 Awful Announcing article about the future of Baseball Tonight—Virk’s main role—as well as the state of ESPN’s daily baseball programming. Ben Koo’s post supposedly contained information that very few people would’ve had access to:

ESPN had a conference call about “Sunday Night Baseball” that the network believes Virk tipped off to Awful Announcing. Sources said the “premeditated nature” of the outreach alarmed ESPN.

When the conference call took place, Virk was not on the whole time, and the specific information about the future schedule for baseball was actually not discussed.

Virk followed up right after the call with Phil Orlins, the senior coordinating producer, asking specific questions about the direction of baseball at ESPN in regards to its scheduling. The questions matched what appeared later that day in the Awful Announcing article.

Koo did not comment to Marchand on his sources.

E:The AA article in question

DJExile fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 4, 2019

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So does this make him pretty much unhirable to a national network? Is he gonna be working at a regional fox sports MLB network next?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Basticle posted:

So does this make him pretty much unhirable to a national network? Is he gonna be working at a regional fox sports MLB network next?

Not necessarily. Keith Olbermann has burned several bridges and pissed on the ashes, but still gets work nationally.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
lol LA's market had a lower rating for the SB than the national average

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

clean ayers act posted:

lol LA's market had a lower rating for the SB than the national average
IIRC the TV ratings for NFL games in the LA market actually went up after the Raiders and Rams moved out in the 90's.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Basticle posted:

Virk worked for Sportsnet in Canada and they'd probably take him back.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well it's working

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/1092899988286423041

ufc certainly helped

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah I have to admit for $5 the amount of content in addition to the UFC is pretty amazing, however even if just for the UFC it’s still a good deal.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/GolicAndWingo/status/1092389784092323841

Trey having a very normal one

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
DEFEND THE SHIELD

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I wish I could get that angry about something that doesn’t matter

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Do I still have to shut up if i did stop watching

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Are we posting takes?

https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1093242990188003333

Because this is a take (not from Robert, obvs)

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Are we posting takes?

That's not a take that's a goddamn Supernova

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Only children are usually weird. Yet another reason LeBron being mostly cool is a miracle.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Are we posting takes?

this is it, we have finally reached Peak Peak NBA Discourse

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Crazy Ted posted:

That's not a take that's a goddamn Supernova

A 21 minute long supernova apparently. God loving damnit, I am so glad hot-takery in sports talk hasn't quite infected the UK like it has the US

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1093272646429564931

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That take is so hot it would have melted the killed the polar vortex AND melted the ice caps all at once.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not even sure i understand the "only child" implication.

And I definitely don't understand how anyone could get angry that people found THAT Superbowl boring and unwatchable.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the theory would be Lebron is being an" only child" because he does not play well with others lol or because he causes disfunction or because he is passive aggressive? IDK it is entirely dumb

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh yeah, I just watched some. "in this anything goes society its impolite to point out that traditional families build better products and prodigies."

So like its just gay marriage/adoption mixed with "black dads leaving" and some weird rear end thing describing children as "products". That seems normal.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not even sure i understand the "only child" implication.

And I definitely don't understand how anyone could get angry that people found THAT Superbowl boring and unwatchable.

He was angry at people that said the superbowl was boring and unwatchable, but continued to watch it anyway, just to complain about it even more.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kibner posted:

He was angry at people that said the superbowl was boring and unwatchable, but continued to watch it anyway, just to complain about it even more.

But that's stupid and not something to get mad about. People keep watching something boring because they want to see it turn around. Every single person watching has seen games that were bad become good and have turned off bad games only to miss something amazing. And it was the Super Bowl. The game that decides the champion. So like... you kept watching to see how it ended.

And like, if you're just mad that people use their public platform to complain about poo poo that doesn't matter... well...

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

But that's stupid and not something to get mad about. People keep watching something boring because they want to see it turn around. Every single person watching has seen games that were bad become good and have turned off bad games only to miss something amazing. And it was the Super Bowl. The game that decides the champion. So like... you kept watching to see how it ended.

And like, if you're just mad that people use their public platform to complain about poo poo that doesn't matter... well...

He's mad (or acting mad) because ESPN must defend the shield at all costs.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

STAC Goat posted:

Oh yeah, I just watched some. "in this anything goes society its impolite to point out that traditional families build better products and prodigies."

So like its just gay marriage/adoption mixed with "black dads leaving" and some weird rear end thing describing children as "products". That seems normal.

Imagine having a kid and raising him the best you can and all he does is grow up to be Lebron James. SMH.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1093961413129891842

jesus christ

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick