Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

When I was younger the photo developing shop used to put a sticker on these pictures to say you hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Are they releasing a good rts game alongside WC3 or something?

Watch your mouth

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

being mana starved or mana flooded is poison to me

i feel like there's a seiken densetsu where you're the villain here

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Barudak posted:

Its honestly really a better idea for a puzzle game where each encounter is a puzzle you build gambits to handle and then have no input

so. the last remnant then

Roth posted:

I like the grainy look of older anime but that's it. I always disable film grain, motion blur, and depth of field whenever I can.

film grain yes but if they had like a film scratch filter for the next way of the samurai i would use the hell out of it

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 7, 2019

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

man nurse posted:

I'm fixin' to trade in a couple games worth about $20 altogether, and I don't know what to do with that. Tell me thread, is there a PS4 game around that price I should be buying right now or should I just convert it into wallet funds for a rainy day?

depends, have you played yakuza 0?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I might have to take a principled stand on an issue of actual importance at work tomorrow that might result in me getting fired. But if it does hey, more time to game.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I might have to take a principled stand on an issue of actual importance at work tomorrow that might result in me getting fired. But if it does hey, more time to game.

hell yeah dude

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'd offer to let you sleep on my couch but i don't have a couch because i know that in the fullness of time i will have to leave my current apartment and therefore am determined to own as few items of furniture i will eventually have to move as possible and therefore live my life as an ascetic shut-in weirdo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The new hearthstone dev team seems to be at least trying to pull the game out of the giant hole the previous dev team left it in, but the game may just be too fundamentally flawed to fix.

exquisite tea posted:

That's rough. Hopefully you are in a position that you can afford being fired for doing the right thing if that happens.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

:potg:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

chumbler posted:

The new hearthstone dev team seems to be at least trying to pull the game out of the giant hole the previous dev team left it in, but the game may just be too fundamentally flawed to fix.

That's rough. Hopefully you are in a position that you can afford being fired for doing the right thing if that happens.

i thought hearthstone was one of the successful digital trading card games out there? what's the story behind that

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

exquisite tea posted:

get em et

Maybe they can fix Hearthstone but my main issue with it, that you lose a lot by just sitting there and watching the other dude play out his game with no input, is unlikely to change

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i thought hearthstone was one of the successful digital trading card games out there? what's the story behind that

It's successful, it's just degenerate garbage as an actual game.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

chumbler posted:

It's successful, it's just degenerate garbage as an actual game.

ah, so it's a videogame produced by a triple a studio

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

chumbler posted:

I'm not rich but I can hustle. Might have to pre-order the standard edition of DMCV instead of the Deluxe, which is the real tragedy here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm probably going to be redundant next week because a £billion company isn't making £billion+2 whoop

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

I feel like it's a symptom of the insane industry bubble that these massive dev studios can't seem to get a AAA game to the point of even being able to market. The last game Blizzard released was Overwatch in early 2016, how is it this world-class dev studio has gone nearly 3 years with nothing to show for it but a lovely mobile game that they basically didn't even make?

There needs to be more oversight on these projects so that they don't just bloat and spin their wheels for years at a time.

Part of the problem here is that literally everything blizzard makes gets years of post-launch support. Since overwatch in 2016 they released 2 WoW expansions, the necromancer dlc for Diablo, like 9 hearthstone expansions, and constant HOTS updates.

They have one team for each of 5 franchises: wow, hots, hearthstone, overwatch, Diablo, plus the team doing remasters. To get a new game they have to either kill an old one, like when StarCraft 2's team got put on hots, or hire an entire new team of devs, like the one they assembled to remaster their old games. We're getting Diablo 4 and, someday, something else new because they killed D3 and heroes of the storm development.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Cowcaster posted:

i'd offer to let you sleep on my couch but i don't have a couch because i know that in the fullness of time i will have to leave my current apartment and therefore am determined to own as few items of furniture i will eventually have to move as possible and therefore live my life as an ascetic shut-in weirdo

what if you die before then

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

what if you die before then

at least it would solve a bunch of problems all at once

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cowcaster posted:

live my life as an ascetic shut-in weirdo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO_xh7xIabk

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm sorry. I was afraid it'd be too harsh sounding and not jokey enough :( I shouldn't have said it, I know I was personally so surprised at there being AI opponents that I ended up playing a bunch of the nightfire multiplayer solely to mess around with the AI, though I never got to play that one map with any other people that you can't play with AIs because I guess the AIs would fall off of the map or whatever.

I'm sorry and I shouldn't have said what I said without making it clearer that I was just trying to do some lighthearted teasing.

You don't have to forgive me, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. If it is any consolation in the slightest, the only reason I said that was because I know I'd play a lot of the nightfire multiplayer by myself because I didn't have any friends to play it with so that was my experience growing up.

oh no
i was joking in reply too.
now i am sorry.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My girlfriend said I behaved at the grocery store so I get to go to more pinballz today.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I turn off Motion Blur in all games I play because I'm a animal who eats from the loving ground

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm happy to report that in HL2E2 Dog has taken on and destroyed a Strider all by himself because he is offically a Very Good Boy :3:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

can we get a gnome update

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Samuringa posted:

I turn off Motion Blur in all games I play because I'm a animal who eats from the loving ground

Same but also because it murders framerates for me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I turn off motion blur on my PC because when you hit 120fps you don't need tricks to make motion feel smooth and lifelike :smugdog:

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Saint Freak posted:

My girlfriend said I behaved at the grocery store so I get to go to more pinballz today.

Ooo what tables

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

motion blur is for 30fps games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'd learn cheatengine to make some of the lovely games in my backlog more tolerable but i'm paranoid of having that running while i have steam running even tho i'd only use it for solo games

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02/07/team-fortress-2-youtuber-comes-back-after-faking-own-death-in-2015

quote:

Team Fortress 2 YouTuber Comes Back After Faking Own Death in 2015

:goofy:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

gamers are trash

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

lmao jesus christ

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

this is incredible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtB7j-edYSE

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

quote:

“Thanks for listening, and I look forward to seeing a bunch of e-celebs virtue signal over this."

lmao

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
The Kotaku article about this is bizarre. The writer is clearly trying do fair and balanced so hard as opposed to "gently caress this dude"

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The medium of video games gives us so much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

an actual dog posted:

This is the coolest poo poo ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

J33uk posted:

The Kotaku article about this is bizarre. The writer is clearly trying do fair and balanced so hard as opposed to "gently caress this dude"

The guy does a pretty good job of presenting his own case for "gently caress this guy".

quote:

“I really don’t have an excuse. I mean, what can I say, I just really love the feeling of taking someone for a ride. I just took it too far this time.”