Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/virginianpilot/status/1093565167550500866?s=19

When will it stop....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Reign Of Pain posted:

Is hemp beer legal? Is there even a thing? I want more weed in my beer.

https://www.newbelgium.com/thehemperor/

It's delicious

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

It won’t stop but it’ll drastically improve when all the boomers die.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1092501573211697152

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The best people

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1093590159415746562?s=19

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

She has a lot of experience in that regard.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

[David Weigel voice]Folks, he's running[/David Weigel voice]

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

psydude posted:

She has a lot of experience in that regard.

Takes a propagandist to know one? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Having worked with State on counter propaganda it will probably be a wash because they are about as bad as you can be at it already. Instead of talking with the Army or CIA they just tried to recreate the wheel and ended up with a triangle instead.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Smutty, smutty, smut.

https://twitter.com/ScottThuman/status/1093613120851984386?s=19

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

oh that's the good stuff

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The "Sinclair Broadcast Group" at the top is just :discourse:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

If the shirt fits, you must acquit

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

This is a hot take I think?

https://twitter.com/liamstack/status/1093542723771084801?s=21

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Racists, well known for not sexually exoticizing the women of the races they are bigoted towards

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Case in point Strom Thurmond.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DoktorLoken posted:

Case in point Strom Thurmond.

More recent cases in point: extremely thirsty chuds being incapable of leaving AOC alone.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
they really wanted to gently caress David Hogg there for awhile

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

mods changed my name posted:

they really wanted to gently caress David Hogg there for awhile

Only because he was underage

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Oh gently caress this gay earth I just got a 90 second unskippable youtube ad of Il Douche word salading straight into the camera about how he's being brought an updated list of his supporters at 9PM

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm really sick of getting Prager U ads myself.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
...do you not know of ublock

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vasudus posted:

...do you not know of ublock
On the YouTube app on my phone.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I give youtube their blood money so I haven't seen a YouTube ad in a long time. And it comes with Google Music so bonus.

Edit: I don't know what Prager U is, but I do know that my moron friend who enlisted in the Marines at the age of 28 and then got married right after boot camp set up a donation thing on Facebook for his birthday, and the money was going to them.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 7, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A Bad Poster posted:

I give youtube their blood money so I haven't seen a YouTube ad in a long time. And it comes with Google Music so bonus.

Edit: I don't know what Prager U is, but I do know that my moron friend who enlisted in the Marines at the age of 28 and then got married right after boot camp set up a donation thing on Facebook for his birthday, and the money was going to them.

Prager "University" is a rightwing nutjob "nonprofit" that turned more than a billion dollars in income last year. They put out propaganda videos that give CHUDs a warm fuzzy feeling, and they pay youtube a lot of money to get them to put them in their adroll.

Tell your moron friend that he would be better served by literally lighting that money on fire, it would do more good for the world. Or tell him to donate it to ASPCA or something.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

They put out great videos about how it's completely offensive to compare Israel to Apartheid South Africa. And they paid a black lady who grew up in South Africa to tell you this information so that's apparently the end of the discussion. I seem to recall that Israel stole nuclear weapon secrets from us and shared them with Apartheid South Africa. But what do I know?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

orange juche posted:

Prager "University" is a rightwing nutjob "nonprofit" that turned more than a billion dollars in income last year. They put out propaganda videos that give CHUDs a warm fuzzy feeling, and they pay youtube a lot of money to get them to put them in their adroll.

Tell your moron friend that he would be better served by literally lighting that money on fire, it would do more good for the world. Or tell him to donate it to ASPCA or something.

Their budget is $10m, the billion number is how many YouTube videos they have.

The rest is accurate, it's hard right nationalism with a veneer of fancy animation.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Cosby got moved to GenPop.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Rip his pudding cup

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Grab your popcorn, gents.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1093646685807378432

https://medium.com/@jeffreypbezos/no-thank-you-mr-pecker-146e3922310f

Expect dick pics.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Are they Primed and ready to go? :suicide:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

lol, on any other day, gently caress Bezos, but :boom:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

Are they Primed and ready to go? :suicide:

Sorry! There's been a delay.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Their budget is $10m, the billion number is how many YouTube videos they have.

The rest is accurate, it's hard right nationalism with a veneer of fancy animation.

Sorry didn't actually click any links to prager u because I didn't want to make some ad thing think I want to see prager u ads.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Casimir Radon posted:

On the YouTube app on my phone.

DNS66.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I just go to youtube.com instead of using the app and my adblocker on my phone takes care of the ads.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
How about he's not a racist because he reacted to a friend's horrible trauma by wanting to get revenge for her?

As someone whose (then) girlfriend was gangraped, I fully understand what he was trying to say, and I can sympathize with what he did. I wanted to go out and find the guys and kill them, and make them pay for what they did. He was overcome with grief for what happened to his friend, and wanted to get revenge. There are support groups specifically for friends, family, and spouses of rape survivors and also survivors of child sexual abuse. These groups are sometimes called "secondary survivors," because they, too, live with the aftermath of that trauma, and too often they neglect their own mental-health needs because they think what they are going through is nothing compared to what their friend or wife or girlfriend went through.

But it's hard to be a secondary survivor. Rape victims and sexual assault victims themselves often minimize their trauma because they feel that what they went through isnt as bad as what others went through - for instance, that "date rape" victims might not seek help, or report it, because "at least it wasnt a violent rape." I went through individual therapy and couples therapy with my ex, read all the books I could about it, and it was rough. She was also a victim of child sex abuse, and the PTSD was too much and she turned to drugs and booze, started stealing from me, we broke up, she kept on doing drugs and eventually ODed and died.

Look at any Secondary Survivor website and they all say one thing - the worst thing you can do is seek and act out revenge, because not only will your friend / wife / girlfriend be traumatized by her rape, she will also be losing a strong pillar of support because you're 99.99% likely gonna go to jail.

In the first interview where Liam Neeson talked about it, he even said how horrible a thing it was that he did. He said that he can understand characters in movies, or people in life, that seek out revenge for wrongs done to their family or loved ones, because of what happened 40 years ago. I think that was the gyst of what he was saying.

The second interview with Good Morning America, he talked about humanity's base instincts for violence, and how he made a horrible decision when he was younger by actively going out into black neighborhoods looking for a fight. He thought it could be a teachable moment. I just wish he and/or the media brought up more stuff about support for rape survivors and their loved ones. Wanting revenge is natural, but supporting your loved one afterward is the most important thing.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Goddamn, Bezos should shitpost more often.

quote:

AMI’s claim of newsworthiness is that the photos are necessary to show Amazon shareholders that my business judgment is terrible. I founded Amazon in my garage 24 years ago, and drove all the packages to the post office myself. Today, Amazon employs more than 600,000 people, just finished its most profitable year ever, even while investing heavily in new initiatives, and it’s usually somewhere between the #1 and #5 most valuable company in the world. I will let those results speak for themselves.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
If AMI dares to follow through now, Bezos will probably be purchasing them for pennies on the dollar by the end of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I understand that he said it was horrible and he was in an awful headspace, but sorry, hunting a person due to color of skin is racist. He might’ve gotten better over time, but it was a distinctly, obviously racist act at the time, even if the content of his character is better or healthy now.