Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCkhqCdcdl8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

haveblue posted:

The guy does a pretty good job of presenting his own case for "gently caress this guy".

I'm not going to do the whole internet diagnosis thing but so many of his quotes are pretty loving out there like that.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Has Team Fortress 2 considered coming back after staging its own death?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
unless it comes back in the form of a card game, no.

Also dude is a loving douchebag.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i get this joke, oddium!!!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The 7th Guest posted:

i get this joke, oddium!!!

thanks i read the article afterwards and they made a special axetinguisher or something for him so i should have just said, "they'll have to make a special dead ringer for him now". is the better joke

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

an actual dog posted:

Team Fortress 2 YouTuber Comes Back After Faking Own Death in 2015

should have stayed dead

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

CrRoMa posted:

Ooo what tables

Over the past couple days a bunch. I hit most of the ones I was looking for. Black Knight 2000, Twilight Zone, Addams, Theater of Magic, Fun House, both Elvira's, Arabian Nights, Who Dunnit, Diner, Taxi, Dracula, Creature, Cirqus.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

In Training posted:

Watching somebody stream a gacha game sounds like the most depressing existence

Yesterday Youtube recommended a stream of somebody opening hundreds of Apex Legends loot boxes.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Yesterday Youtube recommended a stream of somebody opening hundreds of Apex Legends loot boxes.

so? what did they get?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

an actual dog posted:

Team Fortress 2 Comes Back After Faking Own Death in 2015

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I know Valve is terrible for a lot of reasons right now, but I think it's kind of funny that people expect them to fully support a 12 year old game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has The Caligula Effect: Overdose been on anyones radar? It's created by Tadashi Satomi, he was the scenario creator and writer on Persona 1 & 2 that wrote the backgrounds for the characters and setting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsw2QwhyUq8

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Steve2911 posted:

I know Valve is terrible for a lot of reasons right now, but I think it's kind of funny that people expect them to fully support a 12 year old game.

to be fair it's not like they've been cranking out the hits over the past 12 years

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

I said come in! posted:

Has The Caligula Effect: Overdose been on anyones radar? It's created by Tadashi Satomi, he was the scenario creator and writer on Persona 1 & 2 that wrote the backgrounds for the characters and setting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsw2QwhyUq8

the original was really, really bad. i don't know if they changed a ton of things but if not, definitely don't buy it.

you have to grind friendship with NPCs as a major progression mechanic, but you don't do this by doing interesting things or even reading dialog; rather, you find one and watch a canned talking animation happen over and over until they reach a point where they give you a fetch quest which will raise their friendship to the next level. repeat literally 1000x

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 8, 2019

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is the Caligula Effect that thing where you start taking advice from a horse

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

Well now you have my interest! I'm gonna get this on Vita.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
I've been really enjoying Hitman, which I always thought would be a hard pass for me because of all the people talking about the intricacies of every map and the hidden stuff you can find and I just don't have the patience anymore to keep wandering around hoping I find the perfect situation to neutralize my target. But it actually has a "filthy casual" mode where they give you pointers when you select a storyline and you can look in the Challenges menu if you want to sauce it up.

I've only completed all the storylines of the Final Exam so far but it was fantastic.

I'm playing it through Hitman 2 too, which I don't know how it affects any of those things.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Steve2911 posted:

They released a patch for the original Half-Life in 2017, 19 years after launch (it fixed a couple of random crashes). If Valve's internal culture is still like it's been described in the past, anyone could take it upon themselves to check out the TF2 project, modify or remove the axetinguisher, and deploy.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's everybody up to today?

My day was bad so I'm hoping everyone is having a good day or at least an okay day to balance things out

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had to get a new phone because the mic on my old one broke down and it went better than I thought!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I worked from home because of snow, and today is my Friday so I'm gonna start gaming soon. Sorry to hear it though, FAK.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://www.destructoid.com/capcom-was-down-for-dragon-s-dogma-2-but-itsuno-prioritized-devil-may-cry-5-541980.phtml

Thanku Capcom for making the right decision

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

And yet Deep Down hasn't been prioritised.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

so? what did they get?

You'd have to ask one of the ten or so viewers.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
That means they'll probably get around to Dragon's dogma 2 after Devil May Cry, I'm ok with waiting.

I wonder if they'll ever revive Breath of Fire?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Obligatum VII posted:

That means they'll probably get around to Dragon's dogma 2 after Devil May Cry, I'm ok with waiting.

I wonder if they'll ever revive Breath of Fire?

I want to believe with Mega Man 11 that Capcom has learned that theres is appetite for smaller scale games with presumably lower budgets. BoF could fit in there pretty well.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Breath of Fire is their fourth worst selling franchise, tied with Final Fight, and only selling more than Commando, 1942, and Okami.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Phantasium posted:

Breath of Fire is their fourth worst selling franchise, tied with Final Fight, and only selling more than Commando, 1942, and Okami.

Curse this rotten world

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

And yet Deep Down hasn't been prioritised.

Deep Down would need to exist

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dragon's Dogma has the best combat system in any action RPG ever but it was probably for the best to exercise their new engine with other poo poo. I just really hope they can apply that combat to a game world that's interesting because the characters/overworld/story of DDogma were brain numbing

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I thought Deep Down was a Namco Bandai thing

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DLC Inc posted:

Dragon's Dogma has the best combat system in any action RPG ever but it was probably for the best to exercise their new engine with other poo poo. I just really hope they can apply that combat to a game world that's interesting because the characters/overworld/story of DDogma were brain numbing

actually it owned because it was all foreshadowing the loving batshit wild conclusion

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I can't agree unless you mean your brain is numb by how repeatedly it is blown by the last act of dragon's dogma's story

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Samuringa posted:

Curse this rotten world

It's doing actually pretty well for what is ostensibly one game being ported all over the place, it's the best selling of those three.

I mean I know Okamiden counted for the total but it can't be a large part of it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In the year 2019 there is a perosn playing a first gen PSP on the subway and I commend that persons dedication.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Wasn't someone talking about cheap Nioh some pages ago?

Not_Log posted:

Daily Deals

GMG Nioh Complete $20

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

whoever reads to the end of this page, you have been treated to a special prize: the big reveal of the new catherine edition

https://www.reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/ao1c5c/rins_identity_leaked_major_full_body_spoilers/

hope you hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I already hate it because the story in Catherine is already confusing enough and over complicated that patching in a 3rd waifu is unecessary